COMPLETE: Goose-Quill Papers by Louise Imogen Guiney -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCantoni

Post by LCantoni »

bluechien wrote: May 9th, 2020, 4:13 pm Headed in to PL 8 and 12 ...
-----

8 and 12 are PL OK! Wonderful listening, yet again. :9:
Thank you! :9:
Linda

"You see, books have souls, like people." Edith Wharton, Hudson River Bracketed.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks again, Eva, for you kind PL. :D
HE IS RISEN
~ Larry
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

I feel almost a little guilty PLing these because they're such a pleasure. :oops: This project attracts great readers, and each essay Guiney does is never that sort of mechanical kind where you can guess the structure ahead of time. It's a complete box of flying unknowns. Guiney reminds me here of what Hazlitt wrote about Shakespeare:

It cannot be said of Shakespeare, as was said of some one, that he was 'without o'erflowing full'. He was full, even to o'erflowing. He gave heaped measure, running over. This was his greatest fault. He was only in danger 'of losing distinction in his thoughts' (to borrow his own expression).

:D
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
LCantoni

Post by LCantoni »

bluechien wrote: May 10th, 2020, 8:38 am I feel almost a little guilty PLing these because they're such a pleasure. :oops: This project attracts great readers, and each essay Guiney does is never that sort of mechanical kind where you can guess the structure ahead of time. It's a complete box of flying unknowns. Guiney reminds me here of what Hazlitt wrote about Shakespeare:

It cannot be said of Shakespeare, as was said of some one, that he was 'without o'erflowing full'. He was full, even to o'erflowing. He gave heaped measure, running over. This was his greatest fault. He was only in danger 'of losing distinction in his thoughts' (to borrow his own expression).

:D
When I worked on this book at Distributed Proofreaders, I had a lot more fun with it than I did with her poetry, exactly because you never knew what delightful surprises you'd find in the essays. :D
Linda

"You see, books have souls, like people." Edith Wharton, Hudson River Bracketed.
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

LCantoni wrote: May 10th, 2020, 8:58 am When I worked on this book at Distributed Proofreaders, I had a lot more fun with it than I did with her poetry, exactly because you never knew what delightful surprises you'd find in the essays. :D
This ... is so true ... :)

By the way Linda, your command of pronunciation even in the most challenging terrain is quite amazing! I'm tempted to follow you around to learn how my native tongue is spoken. :wink:
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
LCantoni

Post by LCantoni »

bluechien wrote: May 10th, 2020, 9:43 am
LCantoni wrote: May 10th, 2020, 8:58 am When I worked on this book at Distributed Proofreaders, I had a lot more fun with it than I did with her poetry, exactly because you never knew what delightful surprises you'd find in the essays. :D
This ... is so true ... :)

By the way Linda, your command of pronunciation even in the most challenging terrain is quite amazing! I'm tempted to follow you around to learn how my native tongue is spoken. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you! I'm a native English speaker (with a New York accent I'm trying hard to suppress) - I have some French and a lot of Italian, but there were a couple of English words in this book whose pronunciation I had to look up, so I'll probably need to follow you around for that! :D
Linda

twizzlersEffect

Post by twizzlersEffect »

Chapter 17

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/goosequillpapers_17_guiney_128kb.mp3
4:28

Sorry for the delay and not replying to messages, I had to record a few times and could not find out how to direct write messages.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

twizzlersEffect wrote: May 18th, 2020, 10:08 am Chapter 17

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/goosequillpapers_17_guiney_128kb.mp3

Sorry for the delay and not replying to messages, I had to record a few times and could not find out how to direct write messages.
Thank you!
Glad to have your contribution.

There is only one correction needed.
At the beginning, we can have no more than one second of silence, and you have four seconds.
So, just trim this and upload again under the same file name and post here again.

Just a reading note: I did find the pace quite rushed which made portions more difficult to understand. No need to change anything, but something to keep in mind for future recordings. It's a common challenge - to slow down more than we think is normal.
HE IS RISEN
~ Larry
twizzlersEffect

Post by twizzlersEffect »

silverquill wrote: May 18th, 2020, 10:11 am
twizzlersEffect wrote: May 18th, 2020, 10:08 am Chapter 17

Thank you!
Glad to have your contribution.

There is only one correction needed.
At the beginning, we can have no more than one second of silence, and you have four seconds.
So, just trim this and upload again under the same file name and post here again.

Just a reading note: I did find the pace quite rushed which made portions more difficult to understand. No need to change anything, but something to keep in mind for future recordings. It's a common challenge - to slow down more than we think is normal.
4:25

Thank you, I trimmed the beginning. I will keep the speed in mind for the future
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

twizzlersEffect wrote: May 18th, 2020, 11:11 am
4:25

Thank you, I trimmed the beginning. I will keep the speed in mind for the future
Excellent!
Now PL OK. :thumbs:
HE IS RISEN
~ Larry
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/goosequillpapers_15_guiney_128kb.mp3

7:29

I probably read sections of this too fast, too. that's my biggest librivox flaw...
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

plaidsicle wrote: June 4th, 2020, 1:43 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/goosequillpapers_15_guiney_128kb.mp3

7:29

I probably read sections of this too fast, too. that's my biggest librivox flaw...
Sorry to be a little late with the PL.
This project doesn't have a DPL, so we jump in when we can.

But, I'm glad to give this a PL OK. :thumbs:

If you can get Section 16 in, that will wrap up this project, and we will release it to the world. :)
HE IS RISEN
~ Larry
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

it is recorded and I just need to find a minute to edit it. hopefully this week.
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

finally done!
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/goosequillpapers_16_guiney_128kb.mp3

9:15

I loved this short little thing-- so pretty and thoughtful.
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

plaidsicle wrote: June 28th, 2020, 5:23 pm finally done!
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/goosequillpapers_16_guiney_128kb.mp3

9:15

I loved this short little thing-- so pretty and thoughtful.
Thank you so much!
PL OK, so here is another one for Jo to wrap up for us. :clap:
Thanks to a GREAT cast of readers. :clap: :clap:
HE IS RISEN
~ Larry