[COMPLETE] A Little Girl in Old New York by Amanda Minnie Douglas - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Vivianlyu

Post by Vivianlyu »

I edited again for ch4. You can check if this time is right.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/littlegirlinoldnewyork_04_douglas_128kb.mp3
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Vivianlyu wrote: June 15th, 2020, 6:42 pm I edited again for ch4. You can check if this time is right.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/littlegirlinoldnewyork_04_douglas_128kb.mp3
Now chapter 4 is PL OK! Thanks Vivian!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

stellahope wrote: June 15th, 2020, 1:52 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/littlegirlinoldnewyork_06_douglas_128kb.mp3_-_6:15:20,_1_.40_PM_.mp3

here is chapter 6, it 21 minutes and 52 seconds.

Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
AnnaR77

Post by AnnaR77 »

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 6 needs two fixes, then it will be perfect!

Your recording is in stereo, we need it changed to mono.

Your volume is a little low. If you could amplify by 3 dB, then the volume will be just right.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 11 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
vivvexation

Post by vivvexation »

Here is Chapter 13, it is 24:27.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/littlegirlinoldnewyork_13_douglas_128kb.mp3

EDIT: I misnamed the file so I reuploaded it and edited with the correct link.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

vivvexation wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 3:13 am Here is Chapter 13, it is 24:27.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/littlegirlinoldnewyork_13_douglas_128kb.mp3

EDIT: I misnamed the file so I reuploaded it and edited with the correct link.

Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 13 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I just opened up a bunch of sections, so we are moving back over to Readers Wanted!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
KatieChen

Post by KatieChen »

Could I please claim chapter 5, 'Girls VS. Girls?

Katie :D
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

KatieChen wrote: August 19th, 2020, 11:24 am Could I please claim chapter 5, 'Girls VS. Girls?

Katie :D
Hi Katie!

Welcome to LibriVox! I have you down for chapter 5, thank you! Make sure to get the OK on your one minute test before you start recording, just so that we can get your settings just right. What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
caro829

Post by caro829 »

I am new to LibriVox. There are many chapters listed as "open" but were claimed in the comments section so I'm not exactly sure which chapters are available. If chapter 2 is available, could I please claim that one? Could it be under "[removed by admin]"? That is my daughter who will be doing the readings under this name and who did the one minute test. Thank you!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

caro829 wrote: August 19th, 2020, 5:22 pm I am new to LibriVox. There are many chapters listed as "open" but were claimed in the comments section so I'm not exactly sure which chapters are available. If chapter 2 is available, could I please claim that one? Could it be under "[removed by admin]"? That is my daughter who will be doing the readings under this name and who did the one minute test. Thank you!
Welcome to LibriVox!

The best place to see if any sections are officially open or assigned is the Magic Window (MW) in the first post. Yes, there were a lot of sections claimed, but those readers never completed there sections by the two month deadline. I open sections automatically at the two month mark, or close to it, because it is not fair to the readers who have recorded their chapters and gotten to me within the allotted time.

So, anyway, chapter 2 is open, and now yours, thank you! I might suggest that we don't put your daughter's name in the catalog since she is a minor. This is the open internet, and people do use these recordings for whatever purpose they want, including the bad stuff. It is totally up to you, there are other young kids who do read for LV, but their real names are not on their catalog pages, just their forum name. Let me know what you would like to do, in the meantime I will just put your forum name.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!