[COMPLETE] One Thing Needful by Mary Elizabeth Braddon-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Yes, you can continue with 2. I will advertise for a dpl during the day.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Chapter 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/onethingneedful_02_braddon.128kb_.mp3

15:59.

Looks like the chapters are all pretty short.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
weezer

Post by weezer »

I would like to claim "One Thing Needful" by Mary Elizabeth Braddon- chapter 1
Thanks. Weezer
weezer

Post by weezer »

I see that chapters 1 and 2 have been taken. Weezer
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Weezer,
chapters 1 and 2 are recorded. For some reason I don't manage to update the mw. I tried on two different computers. I can give you chapter 3 if you want.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

miss stav wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:25 pm Hi Weezer,
chapters 1 and 2 are recorded. For some reason I don't manage to update the mw. I tried on two different computers. I can give you chapter 3 if you want.
Stav.
Are you having trouble updating the MW for your other projects, or just this one? What kind of problem are you experiencing? Do you think it's something I can help you with?

If the problem continues, I'll be happy to help you out by keeping the MW up to date. I hope to be able to help you solve the problem, though. Please let me know!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

It is so strange. Since friday, i think, I cannot update the mw in any of my projects. I manage to logg in but cannot change anything. It doesn't look as if I can for some reason, and doesn't give me the fields to change. It is so strange. I tried on two different computers.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Just passing by...I updated the MW with Mark's 2 sections for you Stav.
Jo
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow. Huge thanks. I have no idea why it doesn't work for me. I tried so many times... It's embaressing.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Hi Stav,
I'd be happy to be your DPL if you haven't already lined one up.

Let me know... Rita
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow. That would be lovely. Thank you.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Section 01 just needs a couple of small things:

At the beginning, we need to follow the format which is specified on the first page of this thread. Namely, say the name of the book, then the "this is a Librivox recording....", then the full title and THEN the name of the author.

At 5:10, I heard prince's own....should be princesses' own

At 19:04 you skipped the sentence: He is to stay here the night before the meeting

I don't yet have access to the MW in order to indicate that I have given you notes. I will update it as soon as I have access.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

RitaBoutros wrote: June 15th, 2020, 1:56 pm I don't yet have access to the MW in order to indicate that I have given you notes. I will update it as soon as I have access.
You're in now! :thumbs:
reyeball

Post by reyeball »

Can I proof listen to Chapter 1 and 2?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

reyeball wrote: June 15th, 2020, 3:59 pm Can I proof listen to Chapter 1 and 2?
Welcome to LibriVox!

Those two sections have already been proof listened, but the DPL (dedicated proof listener) has not been able to update the MW (magic window) yet. I had forgotten to remove the tilde (~) from the subject line when the DPL volunteered, but you can also look in the MW to see if there is a DPL assigned or not. If there is, you'll see a line just above the chart that says "This project has a dedicated proof-listener who will listen to all sections:" followed by that person's name.

However, I'm happy that you're interested in proof listening! We always need PLers! Check out this wiki page, if you haven't already: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners It will tell you what kinds of things a proof listener should be listening for, as well as the kinds of things not to note! :D