[COMPLETE][History]World's Story 11: Canada, South and Central America, Mexico, West Indies - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you for the fast turn-around, Jim :) And interesting sections the were, especially the one about Buenos Aires. 8-)

Sections 87 and 89 are already PL ok.

A short footnote missing in Section 90:

> at 7:07: (p. 448) please insert: "Footnote: This came to pass in 1914 – End of Footnote"

Thank you. Oh, you forgot to tell me the length of the files, but as I downloaded them now, I can update the MW :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is the corrected version of 90. I did not notice that footnote. Sorry. As for the times, I transferred all three files at the same time, which included the times. Once there, I remember moving the times from the ends to below each file, which is what was displayed on my screen and is now there as well. But what you highlighted does not show them. I have no idea what happened.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume11_090_tappan_128kb.mp3

10:07.

Jim :thumbs:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

However, now that I look at the times I downloaded, they don't match the times in my records for those files. I am confused.
Last edited by neecheelok70 on June 15th, 2020, 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sorry. Here are the correct times: 87 is 11:23; 89 is 10:08, and 90 is 10:07. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 15th, 2020, 6:56 amAs for the times, I transferred all three files at the same time, which included the times. Once there, I remember moving the times from the ends to below each file, which is what was displayed on my screen and is now there as well. But what you highlighted does not show them. I have no idea what happened.
it doesn't show in my quote because I edited those lines out ;) but the numbers you put in there were not the length of the sections but the size (notice there is KB at the end of each number)

In any case, section 90 is now PL ok, thank you :)

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you ! And it doesn't even sound as disturbing as I feared it would. :thumbs: PL ok now

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, Sonia. It has been so long since I have uploaded more than one file at a time that I forgot what the numbers were for. But you have set me straight. Jim :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Since I haven't heard back from the reader anymore, I will reopen Section 48 for another interested reader. The three other sections that have PL notes, I will keep reserved for bingard a little bit more, maybe he will come back to correct the files. 8-)

Sonia
StevenW

Post by StevenW »

Kitty wrote: June 17th, 2020, 12:08 am Since I haven't heard back from the reader anymore, I will reopen Section 48 for another interested reader. The three other sections that have PL notes, I will keep reserved for bingard a little bit more, maybe he will come back to correct the files. 8-)

Sonia
Sign me up for Section 48! I learned way too little about this in school.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

StevenW wrote: June 17th, 2020, 3:05 amSign me up for Section 48! I learned way too little about this in school.
:mrgreen: LV is good for our education. Thank you, Steven for your interest in this project. Since you are new to the series, please read carefully through the first two posts, there are some special instructions for this project, on how to say the disclaimer, the footnotes, etc.

I hope you like the section

and that keeps us fully claimed.

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you again, Devorah, lovely reading as always and PL ok straight away. Kudos for managing the tongue-twisting names :thumbs: And I wonder why a tiger is mentioned, since they should be unknown in South America. Maybe they meant a jaguar and it was a bad translation. :lol:

Sonia
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS