[COMPLETE DR]Dr Dolittle's Post Office, Hugh Lofting - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here are the last two sections of the Narrator, 14 being the longest of them all.
I was hoping we'd end with Dolittle and Company back in Puddleby. But I just has to edit out my chuckles over the manuscript in Edmunds left ear, and it's quite a flight from St. Paul's to the river, though it's all downhill.

I'll start working on my PL Notes now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_narrator_14_128kb.mp3 28:03
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_narrator_15_128kb.mp3 15:56
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, TJ, the first completed section is ready for you! Granted, it's only the prologue and cast list, but it's a start!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Also, TJ, I'm PLing the Doctor's lines as I paste them in. But if you're able to check those last few narrator files, it'd be a huge help!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

One note for Todd, section 2:

0:09 "and the kind they had in the officers' mess was very good." You left off the "and," without which the sentence doesn't sound right.

1 and 3 are PL ok.
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: June 11th, 2020, 4:24 pm Ok, TJ, the first completed section is ready for you! Granted, it's only the prologue and cast list, but it's a start!
mightyfelix wrote: June 11th, 2020, 5:01 pm Also, TJ, I'm PLing the Doctor's lines as I paste them in. But if you're able to check those last few narrator files, it'd be a huge help!
Will do!
TJ
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

With the exception of section 2, all the Doctor files are PL ok so far! :thumbs:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. I'll fix 2 and record the rest.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've assembled everything that I have so far. It all sounds very good together, from what I'm hearing!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Fixed Chapter 2 of the doctor is uploaded for spot PL.

Rest of the chapters are recorded and I will edit and upload today.

Thanks, Todd
chuckconvr

Post by chuckconvr »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The role of Dolittle is PL ok, except for the final section, section 15.

2:18 Text reads "...who in days gone by did a very great deal for man and beast..." I hear "who in animals gone by did a very great deal for man and beast..."

OPTIONAL: You might also correct a slight change just previous to this. It changes the meaning just slightly, little enough that I probably wouldn't have mentioned it if there was nothing else. 2:10 Text reads "I want them to build me an island in the middle of Lake Junganyika." I hear "I want them to help me build an island in the middle of Lake Junganyika."
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

chuckconvr wrote: June 14th, 2020, 2:57 pm Uploaded a re-record for Wilkins.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/dollittle_wilkins_extra.mp3
Thanks, this is perfect!
benderca

Post by benderca »

silverquill wrote: June 11th, 2020, 10:45 am Here are the last two sections of the Narrator, 14 being the longest of them all.
I was hoping we'd end with Dolittle and Company back in Puddleby. But I just has to edit out my chuckles over the manuscript in Edmunds left ear, and it's quite a flight from St. Paul's to the river, though it's all downhill.

I'll start working on my PL Notes now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_narrator_14_128kb.mp3 28:03
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_narrator_15_128kb.mp3 15:56
I started with the shorter of the two... cuz... that's just the way I roll... :D

Narrator, Section 15, is PL OK.

I just found one missing "and" that didn't change the meaning at all, and one "could" instead of "would" that also doesn't change the meaning:

4:29
And of course tons and tons of stone would have to be dropped before the new island would begin to show above the water's surface.

You say:
And of course tons and tons of stone would have to be dropped before the new island could begin to show above the water's surface.

I'll try to do the longer chapter tomorrow.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Dolittle chapter 15 fixed (both fixes) and uploaded for spot PL.

Thanks, Todd