Help with Garageband

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
landertini

Post by landertini »

I have a Chrome computer and can't seem to download Audacity for it, so I'm currently sticking with the Garageband app on my phone. I was told my file is in stereo and needs to be in mono, the bitrate is 192 kbps and needs to be 128, and I need to implement some voice reduction. Is there any way I can either get Audacity for Chrome or fix these on Garageband? Thank you!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

We've got a wiki page for Garageband, which may or may not be accurate anymore, or work on a phone. You could try its suggestions, though: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=GarageBand

Hopefully another GB user will be along and help you out more than this. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

I heard that on a Chromebook you could use Twisted Wave to record. Check it out.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

It appears that current versions of GarageBand no longer have the option to export in mono. I have a video on using TwistedWave on an iPhone or iPad in the Wiki: https://youtu.be/6qG6zUTYfbc
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
ryfink

Post by ryfink »

Hi,
It has been a while since I've recorded on Librivox. Since then, I've gotten a new condenser mic (Neewer). I use Garageband to record my audio. To reduce background noise, I used the noise reduction plugin and set it to -35 Hz. The quality is better, but it could improve. Is there a way I can upload an audio sample to get feedback/suggestions?

Thanks! :D
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." - G.K. Chesterton
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just do the 1 minute test routine again - members often use that if they have new equipment and it gives a short sample which encourages people to listen :D

Anne
ryfink

Post by ryfink »

annise wrote: June 13th, 2020, 7:32 pm Just do the 1 minute test routine again - members often use that if they have new equipment and it gives a short sample which encourages people to listen :D

Anne
Thank you, Anne! I did a new 1-minute test and it is in the "listeners wanted" section.
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." - G.K. Chesterton