[COMPLETE] Kangaroo by D. H. Lawrence-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
williamjones
Posts: 1232
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » June 13th, 2020, 6:54 am

Just a note: Section 5 has returned to the ready-to-be-claimed category.
Grab it while it's hot.
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

williamjones
Posts: 1232
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » June 13th, 2020, 6:55 am

Just a note: Section 5 has returned to the ready-to-be-claimed category.
Grab it while it's hot.
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

Murphy8104
Posts: 45
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 9:39 am

Post by Murphy8104 » June 13th, 2020, 3:20 pm

Hello - I just uploaded Section 6. Please let me know if any adjustments required.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_06_lawrence_128kb.mp3__.mp3

It is 90.9 db and time is 18:20.

Thanks.
Lisa

williamjones
Posts: 1232
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » June 13th, 2020, 4:49 pm

Murphy8104 wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 3:20 pm
Hello - I just uploaded Section 6. Please let me know if any adjustments required.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_06_lawrence_128kb.mp3__.mp3

It is 90.9 db and time is 18:20.

Thanks.
Lisa
Lisa, I look forward to PLing this file tomorrow morning.
Everything is "nominal" as the astronauts say.
EXCEPT the file name ends with ".mp3_.mp3" when it should just be ".mp3" This happens frequently, so no big deal.

Please try to correct this file name and upload it again before tomorrow morning.
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

Murphy8104
Posts: 45
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 9:39 am

Post by Murphy8104 » June 14th, 2020, 7:37 am

I've corrected the file name to exclude MP3 and re-uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_06_lawrence_128kb.mp3

williamjones
Posts: 1232
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » June 14th, 2020, 7:58 am

Murphy8104 wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 7:37 am
I've corrected the file name to exclude MP3 and re-uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_06_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Many thanks!!
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

williamjones
Posts: 1232
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » June 15th, 2020, 5:19 pm

williamjones wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 7:58 am
Murphy8104 wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 7:37 am
I've corrected the file name to exclude MP3 and re-uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_06_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Many thanks!!
PL Notes
This is well done! Very well!
There were only two tiny word-skips.
11:59 "And yet, I’m telling you," "yet" is missing
12:40 "however much you may rebel against rat"s may is missing
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

Murphy8104
Posts: 45
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 9:39 am

Post by Murphy8104 » June 17th, 2020, 7:53 am

Hi there -
The missing words "yet" and "may" are now present.
Reupload complete at link below.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_06_lawrence_128kb.mp3

Let me know :) THanks.
Lisa

williamjones
Posts: 1232
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » June 17th, 2020, 6:57 pm

Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

williamjones
Posts: 1232
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » June 17th, 2020, 7:04 pm

Murphy8104 wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 7:53 am
Hi there -
The missing words "yet" and "may" are now present.
Reupload complete at link below.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_06_lawrence_128kb.mp3

Let me know :) THanks.
Lisa
Great! good job Lisa. this section is now PL OK
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

KevinS
Posts: 8712
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 17th, 2020, 7:31 pm

I haven't forgotten my corrections to be made. When they are complete, I'm going to ask for another section!
Drop and roll!

williamjones
Posts: 1232
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » June 17th, 2020, 9:11 pm

KevinS wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 7:31 pm
I haven't forgotten my corrections to be made. When they are complete, I'm going to ask for another section!
I'm a little confused by what you mean, Kevin.
I posted the PL Notes for sections 1 and 2 on May 19th, 2020, 9:57 pm
I think I'm up to date with PLing your sections.
Please let me know if that's not right.
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

KevinS
Posts: 8712
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 17th, 2020, 9:49 pm

williamjones wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 9:11 pm
KevinS wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 7:31 pm
I haven't forgotten my corrections to be made. When they are complete, I'm going to ask for another section!
I'm a little confused by what you mean, Kevin.
I posted the PL Notes for sections 1 and 2 on May 19th, 2020, 9:57 pm
I think I'm up to date with PLing your sections.
Please let me know if that's not right.
Oh, you're all right. I'm the one behind! I'm embarrassed I've let nearly a month go by.
Drop and roll!

Murphy8104
Posts: 45
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 9:39 am

Post by Murphy8104 » June 19th, 2020, 3:26 pm

Happy Friday!
I just uploaded Section 7 a.k.a Chapter 4 Part 2 for review.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_07_lawrence_128kb.mp3

db= 88.6
Length = 26 m 5.31 s

I'll keep my eye out for your comments. THanks.
Lisa

msfry
Posts: 7152
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » June 19th, 2020, 3:42 pm

oOO--eeee! Am I supposed to be proofing 9, 10 and 11? Yes, I am. I'll try to get on that sooner than a fortnight! :roll:
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #3

Post Reply