[COMPLETE] Love Stories Volume 3-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

Hello,
I wanted to contribute something a little more historical to this collection, namely: a song about love.
Author: Kabir, 1440-1518
URL to text: www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/6519/pg6519-images.html
Title: Bhakti kâ mârag jhînâ re
Audio recording ready for PL'ing: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/lovestories3_bhaktikamaragjhinare_kabir_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 00:48

Kind regards,
Chad
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

Hmmm, I'll put my thinking cap on...perhaps a love story from The Wonder Clock by Howard Pyle?
Thanks for the explanation!
Linda
What is laughter? It is the glorious sound of a soul waking up. -- Hafez
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

I see The Wonder Clock elsewhere in Librivox - perhaps a short story by Dorothy Parker? Thanks again.
Linda
msfry

Post by msfry »

Sonrisaj wrote: June 13th, 2020, 7:01 pm I see The Wonder Clock elsewhere in Librivox - perhaps a short story by Dorothy Parker? Thanks again.
Linda
You are welcome to submit stories that are catalogued elsewhere on Librivox. People who might click on Love Stories might never discover the other places where that story resides, unless they search for a particular story by title, or seek out an author, in which case variety of interpretation is interesting! Each reader lends a slightly different flavor to the piece. So feel free to contribute both of your suggestions.
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

Thank you!
So just record and submit? What fun! I've found a favorite short story that I think would work well, the Virgin and the Gypsy, so will give it a go.
Best,
Linda
msfry

Post by msfry »

Sonrisaj wrote: June 14th, 2020, 4:39 pm Thank you!
So just record and submit? What fun! I've found a favorite short story that I think would work well, the Virgin and the Gypsy, so will give it a go.
Best,
Linda
That's about it. Of course, it's more like record, edit, PL your own piece til you are satisfied, check all parameters, submit. Then cross your fingers and hope no egregious mistakes are found. Ha Ha. That stress is part of the challenge, and part of the fun!
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

Yes, I am familiar with this process and can't wait to get started! :D
Enjoy this lovely summer day,
Linda
JachinandBoaz

Post by JachinandBoaz »

Good evening -

I just uploaded this love story set in the mid-19th century in the prairies. I thought it was well-witten and I liked that it's set among a Quaker community.

Title: The Graven Image
Author: Hamlin Garland (1860-1940)
Text URL: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/39957/39957-h/39957-h.htm#graven
Duration: 26:00
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/lovestories3_gravenimage_garlin_dwd_128kb.mp3

Daniel
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thank you Daniel. I look forward to listening.
Layabanoor

Post by Layabanoor »

is there a need to submit a preclaim or I shall upload the story deirectly? I'm confused
msfry

Post by msfry »

Layabanoor wrote: June 24th, 2020, 4:44 am is there a need to submit a preclaim or I shall upload the story deirectly? I'm confused
Hello, Layabanoor, and welcome to Librivox. You will find all the information you need to participate on any of our projects in the First Post, which differ somewhat depending on the type of project. The answer to your questions specifically (Article 1):
1. There is no need to preclaim. Just record and submit a story (no poems please) with the requested information (see green text below).

Make sure your text is in the Public Domain. Gutenberg and Internet Archive are reliable sources.

Along with your recording, you will need to provide the information (Article 9):
9. When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please copy it and paste in this thread along with the following information:
Link to uploaded file and File Length in mm:ss
Name of your story
Author (birth year - death year)
Translator if applicable (birth year - death year)
Source from which you read (e.g. Gutenberg etext url)

How to name your file, where to upload it, etc., are all explained in the First Post.

Because this is your first submission, you will also need to provide me with a catalog name (could be your real name, whole or first name, your username, or any other name that isn't already taken).

Be sure to get the OK on your 1 minute test before trying to record your story. I also encourage you to Introduce Yourself . . . . equipment you are using, recording background you may have, what things you like to read, languages spoken, accents, etc. You never know, someone may be tapping you on the shoulder to help with pronunciation of words they are struggling with in their projects.

It takes awhile to get used to how this book stitching program works, but soon enough you'll understand it! There is a lot of helpful information on our Wiki (see link in menu on any page). And feel free to ask questions.
msfry

Post by msfry »

The Graven Image is PL OK. Wow! What a riveting story, and you did a great job conveying the rising tension. Thank you, Daniel.

FYI: There was no need to add the shortened disclaimer to the end of the 26 minute story, as the long disclaimer was included in the Intro. I'm mentioning for future reference that we can use the shortened disclaimer in the Intro for stories 8 minutes and under, and in the Outro for poems. :D
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/lovestories3_princessgoldenhairandgreatraven_pyle_ls_128kb.mp3

Thank you! I am preparing the DH Lawrence recording but wanted to send this one by Howard Pyle, a love story that influenced me far too much as a young girl. :wink:

Please let me know what else you may need about this piece.
Best,
Linda Sonrisa
msfry

Post by msfry »

Sonrisaj wrote: June 29th, 2020, 5:53 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/lovestories3_princessgoldenhairandgreatraven_pyle_ls_128kb.mp3

Thank you! I am preparing the DH Lawrence recording but wanted to send this one by Howard Pyle, a love story that influenced me far too much as a young girl. :wink:

Please let me know what else you may need about this piece.
Best,
Linda Sonrisa
Please refer to the First Post, which lists everything you need to submit, as follows:
When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please copy it and paste in this thread along with the following information:
Link to uploaded file and File Length in mm:ss
Name of your story
Author (birth year - death year)
Translator if applicable (birth year - death year)
Source from which you read (e.g. Gutenberg etext url)

Once I get this information I can enter you into the Magic Window and PL your story.
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/lovestories3_princessgoldenhairandgreatraven_pyle_ls_128kb.mp3

The Princess Golden Hair and the Great Black Raven 19 minutes 43 seconds

by Howard Pyle 1853 - 1911

Thank you,
Linda