[COMPLETE]Puss in Boots, Jr. and Tom Thumb by David Cory-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Dtcastid wrote: June 11th, 2020, 2:19 pm
Hi Larry,
Just finished and uploaded chapter 20 here: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrtomthumb_20_cory_128kb.mp3 which runs at 3.9 also.
Diane
Both of these are also in the MW Ready for PL.
Thank you very much!
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

dylanmatthewd wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:40 pm Howdy, newbie here!

I'd like 46, 47,and 48 please (the ending)

Name: Dylan M. Davis

Thank you!
I have added you to the the LibriVox catalog.
Just click on your name in the Magic Window to see your catalog page where you can track all of your LV projects, of which I hope there will be many. You have those three sections to record.

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~ Larry
Dtcastid

Post by Dtcastid »

Hi Larry,
I'm getting caught up in the story. Can I claim chapters 21, 22, 23, and 24?
Thanks much,
Diane
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Chapters 13, 14, and 15 have reported in PL OK fashion as the MW now reflects. Thanks, 2839reader.

Is it my imagination or is this one of the more "criminal" books in the series? We have Little Cock Robin murdered, some boys lost in a schoolhouse fire, our heroes the victims of a highway robbery, and a kitten getting clobbered with a club by a dog. :shock: :shock:

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

Cardinals2020 wrote: May 29th, 2020, 10:15 am Hello,

May I have sections 16 and 17 ("I'll Nevermore Be Bad" and "Mr. Frog"), please?

Thanks!

Eric
Greetings -

Sorry for the delay in getting to these. :(

Welcome to the wonderful world of LibriVox, Eric.

Both chapters 16 and 17 are now listed as PL OK in the Magic Window. Nicely read, especially the voice of Mr. Frog.

You're obviously a Cardinals fan. I won't hold that against you even though I have been a Cubs fan since the days of Ernie Banks. I will say, though, that I had the opportunity to see the great Bob Gibson pitch for the Cardinals against the Cubs. His "slow" fastball clocked-in in the low 90's mph.

Let's see more from you, Eric.

Lomond
Pianolil

Post by Pianolil »

Hello, may I please read sections 25 and 26. The Knave of Tarts, and "Sailors Bold"?
Thank you! :D
Cardinals2020

Post by Cardinals2020 »

Thank you! Yeah, it was fun to read, especially the frog :) 🐸

It would be nice to see the Cubs play the Cardinals this season, if that's possible. It was good, though, I must admit, to see the Cubs finally break the curse and win the World Series in 2016. I saw Bob Gibson play maybe once or twice, no details, though. I do remember clearly, as though it happened recently, listening on the radio to Bob Gibson's retirement ceremony at Busch Stadium. It was in the afternoon and I had just gotten home from school. What a tough and great pitcher he was.

Looking forward to submitting more entries to Librivox!

Thank You Again!

Eric
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Dtcastid wrote: June 12th, 2020, 10:29 am Hi Larry,
I'm getting caught up in the story. Can I claim chapters 21, 22, 23, and 24?
Thanks much,
Diane
Sure thing!
Thanks.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Pianolil wrote: June 12th, 2020, 1:28 pm Hello, may I please read sections 25 and 26. The Knave of Tarts, and "Sailors Bold"?
Thank you! :D
Thanks for joining the project!
These are yours to record.
~ Larry
anasmed

Post by anasmed »

Hi! Can I have sections 27, 29, and 30 please?
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Let's talk about Chapters 31, 32, 33, and 34.

kristinmic, welcome to LibriVox. I think it is too late to warn you that this fun adventure can quickly become an enjoyable habit.

All four of you chapters were well read and have been given the prestigious title of PL OK.

It sounded like you changed your settings a bit after the first two chapters. Maybe not, but the last two chapters seemed to have a better tone to them.

Do you notice that you start your recordings softer than when you get into the voices? Not a problem, I just happened to notice it myself.

Let's have more efforts from you in this series of books and I will see you over on the Pee-Wee Harris: Fixer thread.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

silverquill wrote: June 9th, 2020, 8:51 pm
Dtcastid wrote: June 9th, 2020, 12:11 pm
Dtcastid wrote: June 9th, 2020, 12:02 pm I have finished Chapter 18 and it's been uploaded, ready for PL. It is 3:22 and here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrtomthumb_18_cory_128kb.mp3

I hope I did it all correctly. Please let me know if I've missed something.
I'll move on to Chapters 19 and 20.
Thanks,
Diane
Ok, I have a question and am struggling with the upload. When I exported it as an MP3 file and then went back to open it, it shows up as a music file, not the audacity file. Is this correct? I'm thinking it should open as an audacity file for the PL to be able to edit? Am I doing it correctly?
Great! I've put this in the MW Ready for PL.
So, you've exported as .mp3 not as an Audacity file. I know my system uses little musical notes for .mp3 formatted files. I guess that's because it is commonly used for music, but is also a common audio file format. So, .mp3 files can be read in Audacity but also by many other programs, readers and players. So, all is well. :)
Greetings -

Not sure if this connected to this discussion or not, but I noticed when I brought up the playlist on Audacity, both Chapter 18 and 19 were titled Mrs. Mousey (and not The Serenade for Chapter 19). ???

BTW, why is the chapter entitled MRS. Mousey when the story makes it clear that she is MISS Mousey?

And, BTW, all three chapters are now shown as PL OK in the MW. Keep'em coming, Diane.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

Clarkpvoice wrote: June 9th, 2020, 11:27 am Here is chapter 41, the Monstrous crow

It is 4:00 minutes long

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrtomthumb_41_cory_128kb.mp3

Hope you enjoy!
Greetings -

Yes, indeed, we did enjoy your fine use of voices. Definitely PL OK. Waiting to listen to your next offerings. Oh, yes, welcome to LibriVox.

Lomond
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

anasmed wrote: June 13th, 2020, 3:21 pm Hi! Can I have sections 27, 29, and 30 please?
How would you like to be listed in the LV catalog?
You can choose your real name, a pseudonym or any nickname you wish.
This is how you will be credited for all of your LV work.
~ Larry
linseyphillips

Post by linseyphillips »

Hello,
I would like to do section 27 if it's still up for grabs.

Thanks!