Complete [GROUP] 1001 questions and answers on English grammar.-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Amy,

Well, I'm back already. I jumped the gun and didn't wait for the claim to be processed, but I just couldn't wait.

I did this and it is really kind of a trial run. There didn't seem to be any instructions as how to do this, so I thought I would try it with a couple of different ways to introduce the questions. Of course it is so short that it won't be any problem at all to do it again (as I am sure it will). So if you could give it a listen and drop me a note as to the way you would like it done, and I will redo it.

I enjoy this sort of thing so I would probably (most likely) like to do more as you figure out how you want to do the questions.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/1001grammar_01_hathaway_128kb.mp3

Time 2:58

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

TheodenHumphrey wrote: June 10th, 2020, 7:04 pm I'll help with this. I'm a Language Arts teacher, so I can read grammar reasonably well, I think. Whichever sections you'd like me to do. And is there a determined method for reading the more complex responses?
Hi Theoden,
It does sound like this will be right up your alley. I signed you up for Section 2. If you want a different one or any others, please let me know. As far as the reading goes, use your best judgement. If there is anything specific, please bring it up and we will help.
Thanks,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Kalamareader wrote: June 10th, 2020, 8:46 pm Amy,

Well, I'm back already. I jumped the gun and didn't wait for the claim to be processed, but I just couldn't wait.

I did this and it is really kind of a trial run. There didn't seem to be any instructions as how to do this, so I thought I would try it with a couple of different ways to introduce the questions. Of course it is so short that it won't be any problem at all to do it again (as I am sure it will). So if you could give it a listen and drop me a note as to the way you would like it done, and I will redo it.

I enjoy this sort of thing so I would probably (most likely) like to do more as you figure out how you want to do the questions.

Time 2:58

Wayne
Hi Wayne,
Jason is the BC but I will jump in here. I gave your recording a quick listen. The way you are doing it is perfect. I did notice that you said 101 questions instead of 1001.
Thank you for section 1! Kevin will give it the official PL.
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Thanks Amy. I will just let Kevin make the final PL decision. One thing I noticed I did was the first two questions I said "Question one" and "Question Two", and after that just the number. Like I said, I am more than willing to redo it.

Wayne
Wayne
Ipwingyin01

Post by Ipwingyin01 »

Hi Amy,

I have time to help. Can you assign a section to me?

Thanks,
Win
Ipwingyin01

Post by Ipwingyin01 »

I can do the section on Etymology. If you can confirm and I can get started this weekend.

Win
TheodenHumphrey

Post by TheodenHumphrey »

Here's Section 2, Orthography.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/1001grammar_02_hathaway_128kb.mp3

4:28

Let me know if it works. If so, I'll happily do another section.
Verity91

Post by Verity91 »

I can do section 4 - articles, if still needed?
Currently working on:

Gerda in The Young Idea
Sections 7 and 8 in 1001 Questions and Answers on English Grammar
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Great job! Only the one item to correct. If this were not the first section I don't know if I would care if you read '101' or '1001,' but seeing as you are the opening...
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TheodenHumphrey wrote: June 12th, 2020, 1:45 pm Here's Section 2, Orthography.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/1001grammar_02_hathaway_128kb.mp3

4:28

Let me know if it works. If so, I'll happily do another section.
This is great! If you would, please, reduce the beginning silence to between .5 and 1 second. Otherwise PL OK!

(I'll update the MW as soon as our BC enters your submission.)

Thanks very much!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

KevinS wrote: June 12th, 2020, 5:43 pm
Great job! Only the one item to correct. If this were not the first section I don't know if I would care if you read '101' or '1001,' but seeing as you are the opening...
Of course. I can't believe I did that. As you might have noticed, on the first two I said 'Question 1' and 'Question 2'. My other question was which way do you want me to do it. If that is OK, I will leave them as such.

Wayne
Wayne
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Ipwingyin01 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 11:47 am I can do the section on Etymology. If you can confirm and I can get started this weekend.

Win
Hi Win,
You have the section on Etymology. I hope you enjoy this book.
Thanks,
Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Verity91 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 2:47 pm I can do section 4 - articles, if still needed?
Section 4 is yours, Verity.
Thanks!
-Amy
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Here is section 1 redo with the correct number of questions and answers. :D

Time is now: 2:59.5

Wayne
Wayne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kalamareader wrote: June 12th, 2020, 7:00 pm As you might have noticed, on the first two I said 'Question 1' and 'Question 2'. My other question was which way do you want me to do it. If that is OK, I will leave them as such.
Wayne
Great job! I like what you did.