COMPLETE[PLAY]Don Juan, or The Feast with the Statue by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jondalar1988

Post by jondalar1988 »

Kitty wrote: April 20th, 2020, 11:04 am
great to have you read in this one as well, Ron 8-) I loved the enthusiasm of the poor father in the 5th act (poor man...so easily conned). Excellently portrayed. I'll mark Act 5 PL ok already, but for Act 4:

> for the voice credit, could you please always say the complete description (you can read it in the MW), here: "Don Louis, father to Don Juan, read by ..."

The rest is perfect too, thanks !

Sonia
Can I upload just the proper intro or would you like me to re-upload both acts complete with the correct intro? Your wish is my command...
-Ron Altman-

"The significance of man is his awareness of his insignificance!"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jondalar1988 wrote: April 21st, 2020, 6:38 am Can I upload just the proper intro or would you like me to re-upload both acts complete with the correct intro? Your wish is my command...
please only reupload the first act (well...your Act 4 in this case) with the correct voice credit. Todd will usually take the voice credit from the first act, so no need to reupload the second act :) thank you

Sonia
jondalar1988

Post by jondalar1988 »

Kitty wrote: April 21st, 2020, 6:52 am
jondalar1988 wrote: April 21st, 2020, 6:38 am Can I upload just the proper intro or would you like me to re-upload both acts complete with the correct intro? Your wish is my command...
please only reupload the first act (well...your Act 4 in this case) with the correct voice credit. Todd will usually take the voice credit from the first act, so no need to reupload the second act :) thank you

Sonia
Thank you. Here, then, the redone Act 4: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/donjuan_donlouis_04_128kb.mp3
-Ron Altman-

"The significance of man is his awareness of his insignificance!"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jondalar1988 wrote: April 21st, 2020, 7:18 am Thank you. Here, then, the redone Act 4: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/donjuan_donlouis_04_128kb.mp3
and thank you, all PL ok now :)

Sonia
MTC1

Post by MTC1 »

Hello Todd -

My name is Matthew; I'm a NYC-based actor, now happily at home in Upstate. :)

Having the chance to fully comb through this library that I have know for years, I would love to read for Dan Juan.

Considerable camera work and voice work; many years overseas, I was active in Parisian theater between 2004-2011, attended French drama school. Fluent in French and know these plays well, but would never think to approach this production with a "French accent".

Please indicate next steps; I can send my resume by email and a test copy.

Best,
Matthew
917 847 1641
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

MTC1 wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 1:44 pm Hello Todd -

My name is Matthew; I'm a NYC-based actor, now happily at home in Upstate. :)

Having the chance to fully comb through this library that I have know for years, I would love to read for Dan Juan.

Considerable camera work and voice work; many years overseas, I was active in Parisian theater between 2004-2011, attended French drama school. Fluent in French and know these plays well, but would never think to approach this production with a "French accent".

Please indicate next steps; I can send my resume by email and a test copy.

Best,
Matthew
917 847 1641
Thank you, and welcome to Librivox. You should have had an email describing what we do and how when you joined, but maybe it has been delayed. The first thing you you should do is complete the "1 Minute Test" and post it for review in the proper forum before you start actively recording anything for projects. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc, before you spend a lot of time recording something we can't use. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

I will hold the part for you so you can get the test finished. We don't do auditions; everything is first come, first served; and I run all my plays gender neutral too. And I don't define choice of accents and characterizations in ANY part: that is up to the reader. So we end up with some interesting mixes of characterizations. One of the key pleasures of running a play here at Librivox is finding out what the various readers have decided is right. Usually some unexpected things, and always different than I had originally pictured the play on stage myself. So that the completed play is not my vision of what should be, but a truly new and exciting collaborative creation.

Hope someone has given you the habit-forming addiction warning....

The first posting in this (and every) project has the instructions on file names and uploading files and posting the uploader link in the forum to have the file Proof-Listened. These instructions are pretty standard throughout Librivox. I have also made a short summary for the important special rules in drama, so here goes:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which should be something like: "Iphicrate, prince in love with Eriphyle, read by XXXX" (whatever you want your reader name to be)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 5-10 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 5-10 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Any questions, just ask.

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hi, Todd!

How about I read for Guzman in Act I?

I could take another bit part if something is needed later, like a ghost or something. . . .
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

TyraM wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:54 pm I can do stage direction 19-21!

Tyra
Since Tyra has not completed the one minute test in over a month, I have orphaned the stage directions.

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here is the short scene for Guzman.
Hope I'm not missing something.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/donjuan_guzman_1_128kb.mp3
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: May 13th, 2020, 10:43 pm Here is the short scene for Guzman.
Hope I'm not missing something.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/donjuan_guzman_1_128kb.mp3
nothing missing, all perfectly PL ok. Thank you Larry, Guzman is so sweetly outraged for his mistress here. :9:

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

"La Violette" seems to be a female?

If so, I could definitely try to be serviant. Not subserviant though, let's not go too far... :mrgreen:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I'm sure you will be superserviant.

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: the French accent for M. Dimanche is excellently done. :thumbs: quite hilarious, the poor man doesn't get to state his business. Pierrot on the other hand is quite the talker, at least in the beginning. :mrgreen: Both roles wonderfully done and PL ok. Thank you so much, Tomas.

Sonia
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

It has been a while since we've heard from Matthew/MTC1. If you decide to go to Plan B, I would like to have a go at these sections:

10 Don Juan, son to Don Louis, Act 1 Hold for MTC1 to do One Minute test
11 Don Juan, son to Don Louis, Act 2 Assigned
12 Don Juan, son to Don Louis, Act 3 Assigned
13 Don Juan, son to Don Louis, Act 4 Assigned
14 Don Juan, son to Don Louis, Act 5 Assigned

I'm tied up for a couple of days, but would be able to start recording next week I believe. I hope Plan A comes through, he sounds like a talented guy. Hope I'm not speaking out of turn.

--Kurt