'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for thadine (Joy Chan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just a quick note of much thanks -

I have always been intrigues by old fairy stories, and recently re-watched Tale of Tales (Film 2015?)
Having enjoyed that, I looked at the history of the original collector from the 1600's, Gaimbattista Basile.
From wikipedia, I found Librivox.. and there to your recordings of these amazing tales!

we have so enjoyed the stories and the way you have read them: a great narrative and character voice. On these lock down times in the Uk a good story is invaluable! It must have taken a long time to record, and we are much appreciative!

Thank you

Giles

All of Joy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Eric Leach (Eric Leach) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mr. Leach,

I'd like to express my thorough enjoyment of your narration of Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland" (https://librivox.org/alices-adventures-in-wonderland-by-lewis-carroll-5/). Your air of professionalism mingled with your faithful embodiment of the novel characters created a captivating experience-although it would've been even finer if you spoke more dramatic at every "off with his head!" In spite of the fact that you recorded the audiobook 10 years ago, the audio does not seem dated and your diction is consistently pinpoint precise. Thank you for your contribution! Please stay safe in these uncertain times!

Sincerely,
Darren

All of Eric's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for John Lieder (John Lieder) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I am thanking John Lieder for his reading of Jimmy Skunk, and every other book by Thornton W. Burgess he has done.

https://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-jimmy-skunk-by-thornton-w-burgess/

Hello,

I wanted to say thank you for all the readings of Thornton W. Burgess stories from the green meadow you have made. They are a joy to listen to, and my six year old son adores them. He listens to them every night as he falls asleep, and talks about them during the day. At first he really didn't want to listen to anyone else's readings of books about the green meadow. But after listening to every reading you have done multiple times, he finally allowed me to play readings from other people. Recently, I found some used copies of more stories from the green meadow that we hadn't yet heard and we've been reading them together before bedtime.

I don't know that we ever would have enjoyed these stories together if we hadn't found your reading of The Adventures of Jimmy Skunk while searching YouTube for videos about skunks. Thank you again!

Your fan,

Janell
and...

RE: Thorton W. Burgess stories

Dear Mr. Lieder,

My 3 kids and I adore your renditions of the Burgess stories. Thank you so much for recording them. Our absolute favorite is probably Jimmy Skunk, but we have listened to all of them dozens of times over the years. I like to play audio books while they play, do artwork, build with legos, etc and your recordings are excellent- love the funny character voices! Thank you for choosing the Burgess stories -they are so wholesome and uplifting.

Sincerely,
Emily
All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have sent a very heartfelt thank you to Christopher Smith for reading history of the Reformation in the 16th century by JH Merle D'Aubigne. I need to ask him whether he is going to read the 3rd through the 5th volume of this most excellent work because I am going to be doing a teaching from his reading but I need to know that he is working on the last 3 volumes to know if it is worth starting. Is there any possible way you could put me in touch with Christopher Smith? That I may ask him his plans regarding this wonderful tome.

Kind Regards,
Mel

All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to send a thank you to Sue Anderson for her beautiful reading of Ray Stannard Baker’s “The Friendly Road” https://librivox.org/the-friendly-road-new-adventures-in-contentment-by-ray-stannard-baker/ I’d read “Adventures in Contentment” (somewhat similar to her own description of having an antique copy that belonged to a family member) but had never read “The Friendly Road.” Truly an uplifting book and her reading of it is just perfect.

Thanks again!
Analesa
Epping NH

All of Sue's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for aBayRose (Jo Karabasz) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A quick note to thank you, Jo Karabasz, for your wonderful reading of "Daddy Long Legs"

I am 70 years old and remember my mother telling me that she had seen the movie with Fred Astaire many, many years ago. And so the general story-line was familiar to me. But I had no idea that the book was an epistolary novel... and I now realize the book is nothing like the movie!

What a great reader you are! Listening to your inflections and timing, I laughed out-loud at several points. In fact, I listened to it in its entirety in one day. A delightful story read by an excellent reader.

Thanks so much! It was a pure delight!

Bud
(a retired Baptist preacher, and English Composition Professor)

All of Jo's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for wildemoose (Arielle Lipshaw) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks to Arianne Lipshaw who does a WONDERFUl job with reading and narrating Anne and Anne of Green Gables. I really like this series, and enjoy it very much because of her!
Thanks again!
Yours Truly,
Shannon

All of Arielle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Due to COVID-19 I set up an exercise space in my house since I can't go to the gym, and I have been enjoying your thoughtful and polished reading of Don Quixote. The pronunciation of Spanish words is excellent, and I love the slight touch of amused humor you give to your interpretation of the classic. Thank you so much!

I wonder about your name: are you, in fact, an expatriate? If you'd care to tell me a little about yourself, it would add a dimension of enjoyment to the experience.

Steve
Canton, Texas

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A huge thank you to Karen Savage; I was in terrible pain for months after an accident, and listening to her voice in particular saved my sanity! I’m fine now, but my mother is experiencing some chronic pain at the moment, so I just set her up with some Jane Austen read by KS. Many thanks to LibriVox too, for making these great books available!
Lee
and...
To Karen Savage,

I thank you dearly for your lovely readings of Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, and Mansfield Park. I have thoroughly enjoyed them. I do not usually listen to audiobooks but your voice and tone suit the novels’ tone so much, and give the stories so much added depth. I am now browsing LibriVox searching for more audiobooks read by you. Many thanks again, keep up the great work. :)

Yours Sincerely,
Mia (a big fan of Austen and now, by association, you)

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mcrandall (Michelle Crandall) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Michelle Crandall. Thank you for serving as a LibriVox Reader.
In my opinion, you have an outstanding voice for “acoustical liberation of books”.
Your reading of “The Story of Mankind” by van Loon was superb.
Through your articulation of the words, you captured the intent, meaning, humor and message of the author.
By listening to the book and your voice, I found deep understanding, inspiration, peace and comfort.
Please continue to read for LibriVox.
Please let me know if you write any of your own stories or books.
On my behalf, please thank your reading partner for the gift of this book to your listeners.
Steve

All of Michelle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for marmenta (Michael Armenta) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
RE: complete KJV Bible

Mr. Armenta,
Thank you for recording the complete Bible. My children love to listen to God's word and I am grateful for the work that you did to make it easy for us to all listen while they play, color, or do art projects. The recording is excellent and the way you read it is clear and easy to understand. Many, many thanks.

Blessings to you in Christ,
Emily

All of Michael's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for catchpenny (BethAnne) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Reader: BethAnne

Book: Two Years Before the Mast by Richard Henry Dana, Jr

https://librivox.org/two-years-before-the-mast-by-richard-henry-dana-jr/

Dear BethAnne,

How much I enjoyed the book and your reading. I loved the way you’d say “All hands on deck!”, or whatever call was given to the sailors! I enjoyed the book so much that now I am reading the book myself, and, in my mind, I hear your voice!

I think you read at just the right speed. And with clear pronunciation. Right inflection! I enjoyed listening!

By the way, I know nothing of sailing, or ships, but Dana’s writing was so good that I had no trouble understanding what was going on. And the way you read those difficult passages, without hesitating or stumbling, it was like I understood it all!

Thank you.

Read on!

Sue

All of BethAnne's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for y2kdaddio (Tom Weiss) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for reading slowly and clearly! I have listened to a few books that you have read, and just came back to download more!

All of Tom's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for SweetPea (Rachel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
thanks for sharing your musical voice. i am downloading librivox singing performances - the ones i can find; there is no index.
i have put all your verse readings in my "vox cantus" file. thanks again.

All of Rachel's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for edhumpal (Ed Humpal) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello!

Please extend a big THANK YOU to Ed Humpal for his outstanding reading of “The Ascent of Mount Carmel” by St. John of the Cross. This book has long been a struggle to read on my own, and I greatly appreciate his clarity, tone, and emphases while reading such a difficult work to understand. It’s been the perfect accompaniment on my daily walks, and I’m looking forward to listening to more of his audio recordings.

Regards,

Debbie

All of Ed's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!