COMPLETE: [ANCIENT PHILOSOPHY] On Benefits, by Seneca - Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
latraviata

Post by latraviata »

Leni wrote: June 7th, 2020, 8:49 am
latraviata wrote: June 6th, 2020, 11:20 am I'd love to take Sections 1 and 2!
Hello, and welcome to LV!

Before I can assign you a section, I need to know under what name/pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog.

Also, please read the Guide to Newbies (https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording) and please try the one-minute test, so you make sure your technical specs are ok. Thanks again!
Hi Leni, I have posted the link of my one-minute test. When you think I'm good to go, I'm happy to take any two consecutive sections that are available.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

tracyunderwood wrote: June 8th, 2020, 3:16 pm Hello Leni!

Great project! I'm familiar with Seneca's work since I'm writing a book about the Emperor Nero. I'd like to volunteer for Section 1: Book I, chap. 1 - 5.

I just submitted my one minute test and am waiting for feedback.

I've downloaded Audacity and Checker and am working off of a MacBook Pro with Bose 700 headphones/microphone. I've properly set-up my preferences in Audacity to comply with Librivox recommendations.

This is my first volunteer chapter and am anxious to do a really good job. Let me know if you'd like for me to read.

Thank you!
tracyunderwood
Hello, tracy! Welcome to LibriVox, and thanks for claiming. Unfortunately, sections 1 and 2 had been claimed by another reader a few posts above yours. Can I interest you maybe in any of the other open sections?

I will also need to know under what name/pseudonym you would like to be listed in the catalog, if this would be your first contribution. Thanks!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

latraviata wrote: June 8th, 2020, 3:31 pm
Leni wrote: June 7th, 2020, 8:49 am
latraviata wrote: June 6th, 2020, 11:20 am I'd love to take Sections 1 and 2!
Hello, and welcome to LV!

Before I can assign you a section, I need to know under what name/pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog.

Also, please read the Guide to Newbies (https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording) and please try the one-minute test, so you make sure your technical specs are ok. Thanks again!
Hi Leni, I have posted the link of my one-minute test. When you think I'm good to go, I'm happy to take any two consecutive sections that are available.
Sections 1 and 2 were already claimed by you. :) They are yours.
Leni
=================
tracyunderwood

Post by tracyunderwood »

Hello again!

My 1 minute test has passed the test! I'm ready to go!

How about assigning me Section 10 for Book 4, Chap 1 - 9?

You can use my name tracy underwood for the catalogue.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

tracyunderwood wrote: June 8th, 2020, 5:36 pm Hello again!

My 1 minute test has passed the test! I'm ready to go!

How about assigning me Section 10 for Book 4, Chap 1 - 9?

You can use my name tracy underwood for the catalogue.
Great! Section assigned, happy recording!
Leni
=================
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

HI! May I claim the following chapters?

4 Book 2, Chapters 9 to 17
5 Book 2, Chapters 18 to 25
6 Book 2, Chapters 26 to 35

Thanks,
Shreya
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

shreyasethi wrote: June 8th, 2020, 8:26 pm HI! May I claim the following chapters?

4 Book 2, Chapters 9 to 17
5 Book 2, Chapters 18 to 25
6 Book 2, Chapters 26 to 35

Thanks,
Shreya
Sure! Thanks for claiming, the sections are assigned.
Leni
=================
tracyunderwood

Post by tracyunderwood »

Help with Playback after recording:

I finished recording section 10 (Book 4, chap 1-9) and was able to export it to my desktop to run thru the Checker Program before editing. It passed the Checker Program.

Now I'm trying to edit it but every time I try to playback, I get an error message that says, "Error opening sound device. Try changing the audio host, playback device, and the project sample rate."

I've gone to Audacity manual but cannot figure out how to fix it. I've also tried their forum but couldn't find anything that helped.

I don't know what 'audio host' means. I tried changing the playback device by using my computer internal speakers but that didn't work; the project sample rate is 44100 and I didn't want to mess with it.

I can listen to the mp3 version that I exported to my desktop but I cannot edit it.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

tracyunderwood wrote: June 9th, 2020, 4:20 pm Help with Playback after recording:

I finished recording section 10 (Book 4, chap 1-9) and was able to export it to my desktop to run thru the Checker Program before editing. It passed the Checker Program.

Now I'm trying to edit it but every time I try to playback, I get an error message that says, "Error opening sound device. Try changing the audio host, playback device, and the project sample rate."

I've gone to Audacity manual but cannot figure out how to fix it. I've also tried their forum but couldn't find anything that helped.

I don't know what 'audio host' means. I tried changing the playback device by using my computer internal speakers but that didn't work; the project sample rate is 44100 and I didn't want to mess with it.

I can listen to the mp3 version that I exported to my desktop but I cannot edit it.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
I don't think I have ever sen that error. But what you can do is just reopen the mp3 you have back in Audacity. Change the filename, and open it in Audacity, and it will reconvert the mp3 into and aup. Of course, by doing that, some quality of sound is lost, but doing it just once is barely noticeable, and won't be a problem.

Or you can post in the Need Help? Got Advice? forum for more tech savvy answers than mine :mrgreen:
Leni
=================
tracyunderwood

Post by tracyunderwood »

Thank you, Leni! I'll give it a try!
mcdobe100

Post by mcdobe100 »

Hello,

I have posted my one minute test and am awaiting approval on that. Pending my acceptance, could I take section 12? Thank you.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

mcdobe100 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 8:45 am Hello,

I have posted my one minute test and am awaiting approval on that. Pending my acceptance, could I take section 12? Thank you.
Sure! Could you tell me please under which name or pseudonym you would like to be listed in the catalog?
Leni
=================
mcdobe100

Post by mcdobe100 »

Leni wrote: June 13th, 2020, 10:43 am
mcdobe100 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 8:45 am Hello,

Sure! Could you tell me please under which name or pseudonym you would like to be listed in the catalog?
mcdobe100 is fine, thank you
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

mcdobe100 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 11:11 am
mcdobe100 is fine, thank you
Section assigned, thanks! :)
Leni
=================
latraviata

Post by latraviata »