[Fantasy] Solario the Tailor by William Bowen - lt

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
TheMindfulGeek
Posts: 5
Joined: May 13th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Post by TheMindfulGeek » May 17th, 2020, 6:16 pm

It may be a week or so before I'm actually able to record it, but could I reserve the fifth night? Just the first half for now, but if it still needs doing, I'll see if I'm up to part two once I'm done with one. Thanks!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20194
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 17th, 2020, 6:21 pm

TheMindfulGeek wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 6:16 pm
It may be a week or so before I'm actually able to record it, but could I reserve the fifth night? Just the first half for now, but if it still needs doing, I'll see if I'm up to part two once I'm done with one. Thanks!
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.

I know you have asked for just the first half of the tale, but it is important we have the same reader for the whole story, so I will put you in for both sections. You can easily be taken out again but you have 2 months in which to submit your files.
Lynne

TheMindfulGeek
Posts: 5
Joined: May 13th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Post by TheMindfulGeek » May 17th, 2020, 6:50 pm

Lynnet wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 6:21 pm
TheMindfulGeek wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 6:16 pm
It may be a week or so before I'm actually able to record it, but could I reserve the fifth night? Just the first half for now, but if it still needs doing, I'll see if I'm up to part two once I'm done with one. Thanks!
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.

I know you have asked for just the first half of the tale, but it is important we have the same reader for the whole story, so I will put you in for both sections. You can easily be taken out again but you have 2 months in which to submit your files.
Lynne
Okay, I will, thanks. My microphone is due to arrive tomorrow, and I'll probably take a day or two to learn the ropes of how to use it, then I'll submit my test. And if you could list me with my name, Ethan Hoover, that'd be great. Thanks again!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20194
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 17th, 2020, 7:55 pm

TheMindfulGeek wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 6:50 pm
Lynnet wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 6:21 pm
TheMindfulGeek wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 6:16 pm
It may be a week or so before I'm actually able to record it, but could I reserve the fifth night? Just the first half for now, but if it still needs doing, I'll see if I'm up to part two once I'm done with one. Thanks!
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.

I know you have asked for just the first half of the tale, but it is important we have the same reader for the whole story, so I will put you in for both sections. You can easily be taken out again but you have 2 months in which to submit your files.
Lynne
Okay, I will, thanks. My microphone is due to arrive tomorrow, and I'll probably take a day or two to learn the ropes of how to use it, then I'll submit my test. And if you could list me with my name, Ethan Hoover, that'd be great. Thanks again!
Edit made. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will be taken to your personal catalog page.

SKwanlada
Posts: 37
Joined: October 9th, 2017, 11:42 pm

Post by SKwanlada » May 28th, 2020, 11:39 pm

Here's section 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/solariothetailor_04_bowen_128kb.mp3 (53:05)

This is the longest recording I ever did, and with the most characters. I think I might have had some inconsistencies throughout the recording :hmm:

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20194
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 29th, 2020, 6:02 am

SKwanlada wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 11:39 pm
Here's section 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/solariothetailor_04_bowen_128kb.mp3 (53:05)

This is the longest recording I ever did, and with the most characters. I think I might have had some inconsistencies throughout the recording :hmm:
Thank you
Did you split the chapter into 2 sections as suggested?

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20194
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 29th, 2020, 8:51 am

Section 4
The volume is too low. Please amplify by about 5dB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw

Otherwise, PL OK :thumbs:

SKwanlada
Posts: 37
Joined: October 9th, 2017, 11:42 pm

Post by SKwanlada » May 29th, 2020, 7:26 pm

Lynnet wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 8:51 am
Section 4
The volume is too low. Please amplify by about 5dB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw

Otherwise, PL OK :thumbs:
Thanks! :clap: Here's the amplified version:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/solariothetailor_04_bowen_128kb.mp3

I did split it in half as suggested. Just finished recording the latter half of the Third Night today, but that might take a few more days to edit :)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20194
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 29th, 2020, 7:33 pm

SKwanlada wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 7:26 pm
Lynnet wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 8:51 am
Section 4
The volume is too low. Please amplify by about 5dB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw

Otherwise, PL OK :thumbs:
Thanks! :clap: Here's the amplified version:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/solariothetailor_04_bowen_128kb.mp3

I did split it in half as suggested. Just finished recording the latter half of the Third Night today, but that might take a few more days to edit :)
:thumbs:

SKwanlada
Posts: 37
Joined: October 9th, 2017, 11:42 pm

Post by SKwanlada » May 31st, 2020, 7:16 pm

Section 5 here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/solariothetailor_05_bowen_128kb.mp3 (43:56)

And I want to request section 6&7 next if you please 8-)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20194
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 31st, 2020, 7:53 pm

SKwanlada wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 7:16 pm
Section 5 here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/solariothetailor_05_bowen_128kb.mp3 (43:56)

And I want to request section 6&7 next if you please 8-)
Thank you

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20194
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 1st, 2020, 10:02 am

Sections 4 and 5 PL OK

SKwanlada
Posts: 37
Joined: October 9th, 2017, 11:42 pm

Post by SKwanlada » June 6th, 2020, 6:20 am


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20194
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 6th, 2020, 7:59 am

SKwanlada wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 6:20 am
Section 6 here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/solariothetailor_06_bowen_128kb.mp3 (33:09)
Thank you

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20194
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 7th, 2020, 1:58 pm

Section 6
~16:20- 17:20 There is some miscellaneous banging (a room-mate on the stairs and banging a door, perhaps). I'm not sure this could be edited out easily, without re-recording that passage. In future, it might be better to wait until the noise stops before continuing, then just editing out the pause.

~22:20-22:30 There are two long pauses, which disrupt the flow of the story
~29:32 stumble "he seems a pretty decent old f...chap"

Post Reply