COMPLETE [Short Stories] Myths and Legends Around the World - Collection 1 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

BrittanyTomes wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 8:08 pm Hello, I am interested in doing section 12 if it is still available.
Hi, Britanny!! Welcome to LibriVox!

I will very happily reserve that section for a week for you, but before you do the recording, can you do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board? It's not actually a test or audition of any kind, but is solely meant to make sure your system is set properly before you do all the work of a real section.

Here is the link: 1-Minute Test

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :)

Glad to have you with us!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Britanny,

I hope all is well for you. Since we never heard back from you about this, I'm releasing the hold on the Popul Vuh section. If you get your set-up OK'd and a Catalog Name chosen, and this section is still open, you're more than welcome to take it again. If it's spoken for by someone else, you're quite welcome to find a reading for Collection 2, which is also active in the Short Stories board right now. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
anasmed

Post by anasmed »

Hi! Can I have section 12, please?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

anasmed wrote: June 13th, 2020, 3:03 pm Hi! Can I have section 12, please?
Yes, thank you very much! :)
~Lynette * -
BrittanyTomes

Post by BrittanyTomes »

Hello,

I'm sorry, I never got a notification that anyone responded. That's ok if someone else has taken the section. Sorry for missing the response!
I'll make sure that doesn't happen in the future.

Sincerely,

Brittany
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

BrittanyTomes wrote: June 20th, 2020, 12:11 pm Hello,

I'm sorry, I never got a notification that anyone responded. That's ok if someone else has taken the section. Sorry for missing the response!
I'll make sure that doesn't happen in the future.

Sincerely,

Brittany
No problem at all, Brittany!

There's a Collection 2, if you'd like to record for that one. :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Tricia :)

I've sent Anasmed a PM to find out if they're still wanting to record the lore they requested. I also let them know we need to wrap this collection up at the end of their claim time, and that if they need time past the 15th to do the recording, I'll give them a section in a subsequent collection if they would like that.

If we don't have a file from them by the 15th, I'll record a myth for the final section and put it in on the 16th so we can close this out. :)
~Lynette * -
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Okay, sounds like a plan. Thanks! 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

TriciaG wrote: August 11th, 2020, 11:51 am Okay, sounds like a plan. Thanks! 8-)
Section 12 is in. :) I'll post in Listeners Wanted for someone to PL my section for us.

Oh - I couldn't find Lewis Spence in the author list for the metadata. Here is the Hathitrust catalog page for the source: The Popol vuh;
the mythic and heroic sagas of the Kiches of Central America
~Lynette * -
Poisonpie

Post by Poisonpie »

I'm happy to Proof Listen the final section. I'm new to Proof Listening and I first posted this elsewhere, so apologies for the double response. Forums are confusing!

Jen
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Poisonpie wrote: August 16th, 2020, 9:56 am I'm happy to Proof Listen the final section. I'm new to Proof Listening and I first posted this elsewhere, so apologies for the double response. Forums are confusing!

Jen
Grateful for your help, Jen. :)

This is a collection project, so the source you'll watch while listening is linked in the Notes portion of Section 12 right in the Magic Window, not up in the top of the main post.

(If you prooflisten for "normal" projects, the source is linked above the MW inside the overall directions.)
~Lynette * -
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ooo! He has a Wikipedia page!

He'll be in the list shortly. Give me about 5 minutes. :)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Poisonpie wrote: August 16th, 2020, 9:56 am I'm happy to Proof Listen the final section. I'm new to Proof Listening and I first posted this elsewhere, so apologies for the double response. Forums are confusing!

Jen
Oops, also - since you're only pinch-hitting for one section, you won't have access to the MW to mark the section with the PL designations.

So, just have a listen to the section, then post here that you have some Notes for things that need fixing, or that it is PL OK, and we'll mark the MW to match your comment.

:)
~Lynette * -
Poisonpie

Post by Poisonpie »

Hi Lynette,

So you mentioned I'd need to watch the source while listening to the audio, but when I click on source next to the audio clip I get a screen saying that the item isn't available online due to copyright restrictions.

I'm not sure what this source is, is it the original text I'm meant to be following along while listening?

I understood your second message though, to post a reply with my feedback once I've listened to it.

Thanks for your help!

Jen
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

HathiTrust does limit viewing of texts for those of us outside the US, if they're not PD for us. Since this author died in 1955, it's not PD in Europe and other Life+70 countries. (It's even not visible for me in Canada, even though it's PD for me, being a Life+50 country.)

Since this is standard PL, you should be able to listen without following along with the text - although keep in mind this particular author is still under copyright for you, so you'd technically be breaking your country's copyright law by downloading it.

If you prefer not to listen, I can do a quick PL on it (without following the text). It's a slow, lazy afternoon. :)