COMPLETE[PLAY]The Princess of Elis by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Andrewjames

Post by Andrewjames »

hello all

youve nearly got this cracked.

can i do section 4 Lyciscas, a huntsman, 1st Interlude and Act 1 please?

i havnt done one of these b4 so am i right i just do my lines with a short gap between em?

thanks andrew
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Andrewjames wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 11:40 am hello all

youve nearly got this cracked.

can i do section 4 Lyciscas, a huntsman, 1st Interlude and Act 1 please?

i havnt done one of these b4 so am i right i just do my lines with a short gap between em?

thanks andrew
Hope someone has given you the habit-forming addiction warning....

The first posting in this (and every) project has the instructions on file names and uploading files and posting the uploader link in the forum to have the file Proof-Listened. These instructions are pretty standard throughout Librivox. I have also made a short summary for the important special rules in drama, so here goes:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which should be something like: "Iphicrate, prince in love with Eriphyle, read by XXXX" (whatever you want your reader name to be)

2) then browse through the text (link to the text is in the first posting) and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file (don't rerecord the whole thing!) to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 5-10 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 5-10 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Any questions, just ask.

Thanks, Todd
Andrewjames

Post by Andrewjames »

here you go, i hope this is OK,

section 5. duration 3.14m.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/princessofelis_[lyciscas]_[5]_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Andrewjames wrote: June 4th, 2020, 6:50 amhere you go, i hope this is OK,
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/princessofelis_[lyciscas]_[5]_128kb.mp3
oh wow, an excellent performance, Andrew, I really really liked it. :thumbs: You manage to convey the annoyance very well with your voice, although I think if he can shout that loudly in the mornings, he can't have been very drowsy anymore :lol: But I think it will make excellent mayhem to listen to this all assembled, especially if the voices all cut off each other. 8-)

Everything in and perfectly PL ok. Just two small notes for future drama roles:

> please leave the brackets [ ] out of the filename, they can break the link sometimes, they are just there for the example. And the number should be the Act-number, not the section number, as the sections get dragged around and will change

> please also leave 2-3 seconds of silence if there are stage directions inside your speech. You had it here at one instance in the ending speech "he speaks very loudly". Ok, I guess they may get cut out anyway, as you are speaking very loudly, but sometimes the editor decides to leave this in, to enhance the experience for the audience, who doesn't have any visuals. In that case, it's easier to make the copy/pasting if the needed spaces are there

No need to reupload this time though, all is well. :)

Thanks, great job, and I hope to hear you in more plays soon !!!

Sonia
Andrewjames

Post by Andrewjames »

thanks sonia,

im glad it was ok! :D i shall make a note of the directions inside speech thing, i didnt realise that the directions were read into the audio but thinking about it now its obvious that they need to be!

andrew
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I have the role of Lycas? And if you need a musician, I can do that. Jim
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Just to try to get this finished here are some Whippers-In lines. They are mostly group lines. you may use them if you wish.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/princessofelis_2ndwhippersin_1.mp3

Reading the preamble to this scene I think the WhippersIn and Musicians may be the same people so perhaps Jim could do some WhippersIn lines as well. That would make us complete.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 27th, 2020, 3:25 pm May I have the role of Lycas? And if you need a musician, I can do that. Jim
Jim,

Could you do some Whippersin lines in the same sections as Alan suggests? That would finish us off.

Thanks, Todd
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yeah, I could do third Whispers-in. Jim
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you!