[COMPLETE] The Boy Scouts on Sturgeon Island, Herbert Carter - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

chipotus wrote: May 4th, 2020, 10:51 am Hello - did you see my question from last week? I posted it on May 2. I am copying it in here because I don't think you saw it and now others are taking chapters in this book that my boy scout patrol planned to read. I asked if I could reserve chapters 15, 16 and 18-26 for my group. I now see that 15 and 16 are taken. Please advise.

No, I did not see your post, sorry about that! I will PM the claimer to let that person know that you claimed it first.

Now, the issue of these chapters being read by your group. All the members of your group need to register with LibriVox. Are they all minors? They will need to have a parent OK for them to read chapters and release them into the public domain if they are under the age of 13. You will also need to explain to them what public domain means to them. It means that whatever they read will be free for anyone to use, for any reason. Someone can sell their work without any attribution to the reader, or the LibriVox. Some of our work is ending up on Amazon's audio service, changed in pitch and name. There also been some people who have downloaded files and used them for not nice purposes because the readers was obviously young. This all needs to be explained to your group, and to their parents. Once they are registered, and their parents have given their OK, they need to do their one minute tests before they record. Please let me know if you are OK with all that I have said, and we will go from there.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
chipotus

Post by chipotus »

Thank you! My group is all over the age of 13 (15 and 16). I met with them this weekend and explained the registration process and sent them links to LibriVox. They also know about the one minute test and downloading the recording software. They're a pretty tech savvy group, so I don't expect many issues. We're hoping to start the reading later this week. :D

Will D.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

chipotus wrote: May 4th, 2020, 11:44 am Thank you! My group is all over the age of 13 (15 and 16). I met with them this weekend and explained the registration process and sent them links to LibriVox. They also know about the one minute test and downloading the recording software. They're a pretty tech savvy group, so I don't expect many issues. We're hoping to start the reading later this week. :D

Will D.

Perfect!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Oh, yeah, we are full! Moving on to Readers Found!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
PJRalbovsky

Post by PJRalbovsky »

Hi,

I would like to request the ability to record Ch. 16 Marooned for The Boy Scouts on Sturgeon Island. I am working on this with chipotus who has reserved the chapter already.

Thanks,
PJ Ralbovsky
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

PJRalbovsky wrote: May 25th, 2020, 11:19 am Hi,

I would like to request the ability to record Ch. 16 Marooned for The Boy Scouts on Sturgeon Island. I am working on this with chipotus who has reserved the chapter already.

Thanks,
PJ Ralbovsky

Chapter 16 is yours, thank you! Please make sure to do your one minute test, just so that we can make sure your settings are where we need them to be. Well, unless you all are going to use the same computer. If that is the plan, let me know, that way I don't tell your fellow scouts the same thing! What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
chipotus

Post by chipotus »

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsonsturgeonisland_13_carter_128kb.mp3

I have uploaded my recording of chapter 13 of The Boy Scouts on Sturgeon Island by Herbert Carter.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

chipotus wrote: May 27th, 2020, 1:58 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsonsturgeonisland_13_carter_128kb.mp3

I have uploaded my recording of chapter 13 of The Boy Scouts on Sturgeon Island by Herbert Carter.

Thank you! What is the time duration for your recording! Just so that I can make the internet didn't eat part of the file.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 13 needs one fix. At 10:29, the outro only needs to be, "End of Chapter 13." You need to shorten what you have to just that, and to keep the 5 seconds of silence at the end.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
PJRalbovsky

Post by PJRalbovsky »

I have finished my recording of Ch. 16 for The Boy Scouts on Sturgeon Island. The time duration is 9 minutes 56 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsonsturgeonisland_16_carter_128kb.mp3.mp3
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

PJRalbovsky wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 7:44 am I have finished my recording of Ch. 16 for The Boy Scouts on Sturgeon Island. The time duration is 9 minutes 56 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsonsturgeonisland_16_carter_128kb.mp3.mp3

Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 2 needs to have some things fixed, and these are issues that would have been taken care of if you had done the one minute test.

Your recording is in Stereo, we need that to be changed to Mono.
The sample rate for your recording in 48 kHz, we need that to be 44. kHz.
You volume is a little bit low at 82 dB, we need that to be around 89 dB, with a range of 87-91.

Everything else is fine, you did a great job reading your chapter! I don't know which recording software you used, but if it is Audacity, I can tell you how to fix these if you need help. Once you have fixed your recording, upload your recording to my folder again, using the same file name, then post it in the thread.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
chipotus

Post by chipotus »

I have completed and uploaded Chapter 22 of The Boy Scouts on Sturgeon Island by Herbert Carter.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsonsturgeonisland_22_carter_128kb.mp3

The duration is 9:00
Last edited by chipotus on June 4th, 2020, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chipotus

Post by chipotus »

icequeen wrote: May 27th, 2020, 2:53 pm
chipotus wrote: May 27th, 2020, 1:58 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsonsturgeonisland_13_carter_128kb.mp3

Thank you! What is the time duration for your recording! Just so that I can make the internet didn't eat part of the file.
The duration is 10 minutes and 43 seconds.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

chipotus wrote: June 4th, 2020, 12:11 pm I have completed and uploaded Chapter 22 of The Boy Scouts on Sturgeon Island by Herbert Carter.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsonsturgeonisland_22_carter_128kb.mp3

The duration is 9:00

Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!