[COMPLETE] New Chronicles of Rebecca by Kate Douglas Wiggin-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Twinkle88 wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 8:36 am
ej400 wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 7:51 am Alright Twinkle,
I couldn't resist not reading something... so I guess I could take a couple minor roles, if that would be OK. I added the numbers at the end to show what chapters they appear in so I'm not claiming two in one chapter.

So how about: Dr. Moses 6, 7, 9 Voice 1 2, 5 Dick Carter 3 Jimmy Watson 11.... unless you want some other male voices I could claim less?
Thanks for your interest! However, I'd really like to see Jack's last few chapters in Jack and Jill ready for PL, as that project is very close to completion. Why don't you finish those first, and when that's done I'd be happy to sign you up for these roles. :)
Yeah that's fine... understandable :D
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

WillNuessle wrote: June 1st, 2020, 10:43 am https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_10_adamladd.mp3
00:38
now with two previously missing sentences!!
Will
Adam Ladd is all PL OK! :thumbs: And sounds excellent, by the way!
Andrewjames

Post by Andrewjames »

hi there

can i claim section 31 Cassius Came (M)

i am a stingy farmer it so seems more than apt! it says the script is in the MW but i dont see where/how?

regards
andrew
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Andrewjames wrote: June 4th, 2020, 7:02 am hi there

i am a stingy farmer it so seems more than apt! it says the script is in the MW but i dont see where/how?

regards
andrew
Haha! You sure can! :) Thank you!

Yes, Cassius is in the Seventh Chronicle, so scroll down past the list of characters to section 51. There you'll see underlined and in purple "Seventh Chronicle Text," and that's the link to your script.

If you have any more questions, please ask! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

alanmapstone wrote: June 4th, 2020, 7:39 am Abijah chapter 4 - with revised voice credit

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_04_abijahflagg.mp3
Thank you! It's PL OK! :thumbs:
Andrewjames

Post by Andrewjames »

Twinkle88 wrote: June 4th, 2020, 11:34 am
Andrewjames wrote: June 4th, 2020, 7:02 am hi there

regards
andrew
Haha! You sure can! :) Thank you!

Yes, Cassius is in the Seventh Chronicle, so scroll down past the list of characters to section 51. There you'll see underlined and in purple "Seventh Chronicle Text," and that's the link to your script.

If you have any more questions, please ask! :)
thanks, just read it, i have had a cow with a turnip stuck in its throat b4 now!

a couple of questions.

in the line "I'll let ye off, though you're a reg'lar girl-boy, and'll be runnin' away from the cat bimeby." what on earth does the last word mean? is it a corruption of 'by and by' 'by me by' or something else?

and how is the name Mose pronounced? moze, i guess as its a shortened version of moses?

andrew
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Isn’t that awful? I can’t think of many things more uncomfortable than having a turnip stuck in my throat!

Yes, it’s sounds like he’s saying “by and by” to me.

And, yes, “Mose” here is short for “Moses,” the doctor. So, yes, it would sound like “Moze.”
Andrewjames

Post by Andrewjames »

Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you! It’s PL OK! :thumbs:

My only note is in the future to leave only 3-5 seconds of silence in between lines. You had a little more, but it’s okay for this time. Great job! :)
Andrewjames

Post by Andrewjames »

hi,

the last DR that i did said leave between 5 and 10 secs between lines, so i will put 5 secs between lines in future and that should cover it! :D

andrew
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you!
msandquist

Post by msandquist »

Twinkle88 wrote: May 31st, 2020, 11:38 am
msandquist wrote: May 30th, 2020, 4:04 pm Hello,
I can Read Persis if she is not already taken!
That would be great! :) Thank you!

What would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Persis Watson, read by..." It can be your real name, your forum name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio files. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included on your catalog page, just let me know.

And if you have any questions, please ask! :)
Hi, Sorry for the delayed response. msandquist works as a catelog name for me and I don't have a personal website or blog to link to but thanks for offering!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thanks! You're in! :)