COMPLETE [Fortnightly Poetry] The Wail of the Waiter by Marcus Clarke - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mmfarris91

Post by mmfarris91 »

Team LV,

Here is my second run at a recording, This was certainly a fun one to read but it seems that my time is considerably faster than most. It seemed to be a fast paced poem, but I may have got carried away. Happy for any feedback.

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/wailofthewaiter_clarke_mtf_128kb.mp3 (3:55)

Cheers

Matt
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you Matt. :thumbs:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Welcome to LibriVox Jayden, I apologize for overlooking your post last weekend. :oops:
Good first reading, however, there are a couple of misreads you may wish to fix -
at 1:38 is read "Curse you, you have two left legs?'" text reads "Curse you, have you two left legs?'
at 1:47 is read 'Sherry!' 'No, I called for beer -- all of the fools I ever saw!': text reads "'Sherry!' 'No, I called for beer -- of all the fools I ever saw!'"

*Please let me know under what name would you like to appear in the LV catalog and if you have one, we can put your personal URL link on your catalog page too.
You can view your brand new LV Catalog page by clicking your forum name in the Magic Window.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Here's mine! This was a fun one! Reminded me a little of Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/wailofthewaiter_clarke_amb_128kb.mp3 (2:51)
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you Ambsweet13. :thumbs:
David Lawrence

GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Here is my contribution to this fun project:

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/wailofthewaiter_clarke_gg_128kb.mp3

Run time is 4:25

Take care,

Greg
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you Greg. :thumbs:
---
This project is now closed, thanks to all readers -- "but this is idle chatter, I have my work to do."
David Lawrence

GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

aradlaw wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:59 am Thank you Greg. :thumbs:
---
This project is now closed, thanks to all readers -- "but this is idle chatter, I have my work to do."
Thank you, David. I sure got this one in under the wire. It was such a fun poem that I could not resist trying. Thank you!

Greg
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

GregGiordano wrote: May 31st, 2020, 5:58 am
Thank you, David. I sure got this one in under the wire. It was such a fun poem that I could not resist trying. Thank you!

Greg
No problem Greg, I'm glad you had fun with it. :D
----

This project is now complete!
All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
https://librivox.org/the-wail-of-the-waiter-by-marcus-clarke/
David Lawrence