[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 7 (Part II) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello I understand that here is the place to post that I am willing to become pler for this thread.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: May 29th, 2020, 12:29 pm Hello I understand that here is the place to post that I am willing to become pler for this thread.
thank you so much April, this will help us immensely :9:

I'll give you access as DPL now. You see which poems are already marked as ready for PL, please check those at your own pace, there is no hurry yet.

The DR poems parts need not be checked yet, only check those poems when they have finished assembling.

If you have any trouble please don't hesitate to ask.

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

pl note for section 02:

Please insert this forgotten line at 25, prior to " all the world's a stage" should be "as you like it, act II. sc 7" & repost as mp3 again with new time also.
Thank you,
April

Hold on a moment please and do not do anything until Sonia says that it should be done. I am just not certain what the line is referring to and if it needs to be part of that section.
Thanks again,
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: May 29th, 2020, 4:50 pm pl note for section 02:
Please insert this forgotten line at 25, prior to " all the world's a stage" should be "as you like it, act II. sc 7" & repost as mp3 again with new time also.
Hold on a moment please and do not do anything until Sonia says that it should be done. I am just not certain what the line is referring to and if it needs to be part of that section.
yes April, you are correct. In the MW we always write the complete title of the section/poem, which should be read in the intro and before the poem starts. That includes all the subtitles, like in this case "act and scene". Thank you for spotting that detail :thumbs:

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

adr6090 wrote: May 29th, 2020, 4:50 pm pl note for section 02:

Thank you,
April

Thanks again,
April
Okay, now the answer from Sonia is evident. Please do record as mentioned and thank you for the effort you put forth here.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

pl notes for sections 8,9 & 10

8:
insert "from the rape and of the lock, canto I" after " the toilet"
1:32 please insert " a purer blush arise" & remove " a purer bluish arise"
1:52 insert " Alexander Pope", this is not in.

9:
insert "or the dales of Aready" & remove "or the dales of Arkready"

10:
1:08 please put in "eternally sad & fair" & remove "eternity sad & fair"
1:22 put in "Louise Chandler Moulton", this is not in.
April
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi April,

Thanks for the PLing! Just wanted to chime in that we don't need to read the author's name at the very end. It's optional if someone does, but not required.

Also, I double checked Sonia's file out of curiosity and I do not near that she said "eternity"? Could you please make sure your notes are accurate?
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 30th, 2020, 10:47 amThanks for the PLing! Just wanted to chime in that we don't need to read the author's name at the very end. It's optional if someone does, but not required.
yes my fault, as I didn't point out that special rule of checking to April. :oops:
Also, I double checked Sonia's file out of curiosity and I do not near that she said "eternity"? Could you please make sure your notes are accurate?
I will also check my file and get back to you. I can totally understand if the ear plays tricks sometimes, I have had that more times than I would like :mrgreen:

Thank you April ! Very meticulous work.

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 30th, 2020, 10:47 am Hi April,

Thanks for the PLing! Just wanted to chime in that we don't need to read the author's name at the very end. It's optional if someone does, but not required.

Hello,
I did just re listen and I still hear eternity. Possibly with her lightly accented voice that is why I do hear eternity. Thank you for the information on the author's name, I will post that correction to those I have asked to insert that into their recording.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: May 30th, 2020, 12:19 pmI did just re listen and I still hear eternity. Possibly with her lightly accented voice that is why I do hear eternity.
ok to clear this up, I also relistened to it. Not that I want to be lazy and not correct, but I also hear "eternally". So yes, it may be my accent, but for me it's definitely what I said.

I'd opt to make it PL ok :)

But thanks for pointing it out. Better safe than sorry.

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:thumbs:
Kitty wrote: May 30th, 2020, 12:24 pm
adr6090 wrote: May 30th, 2020, 12:19 pmI did just re listen and I still hear eternity. Possibly with her lightly accented voice that is why I do hear eternity.
ok to clear this up, I also relistened to it. Not that I want to be lazy and not correct, but I also hear "eternally". So yes, it may be my accent, but for me it's definitely what I said.

I'd opt to make it PL ok :)

But thanks for pointing it out. Better safe than sorry.

Sonia
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

It is not necessary to read the authors name at the end, they are mentioned at the beginning in the intro.
Sorry for any confusion, that is how it stands. :oops:
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello here are sections status.
23, 31, 33 & 36 are all pl okay

35 is missing a line. The line follows the title it is sqspriri di Roma. Sonia will be the determining factor on the pronunciation & if it is neccessary to be put in.

35 also should have a word removed since it is not in the text. The word is "the" & it is at 56

Adam please do be cautious at the end of your recordings to keep the silence at 5.0.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: June 1st, 2020, 12:04 pm 35 is missing a line. The line follows the title it is sqspriri di Roma. Sonia will be the determining factor on the pronunciation & if it is neccessary to be put in.
do you mean "sospiri" ? yes if it's the subtitle of the poem, then it needs to be put in :) thanks, April

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: June 1st, 2020, 1:38 pm
adr6090 wrote: June 1st, 2020, 12:04 pm 35 is missing a line. The line follows the title it is sqspriri di Roma. Sonia will be the determining factor on the pronunciation & if it is neccessary to be put in.
do you mean "sospiri" ? yes if it's the subtitle of the poem, then it needs to be put in :) thanks, April

Sonia
I prefer the way you spell it, that would make the pronunciation much more simple than the way it is spelled in the text. sqspiri is what I saw.
April