Trouble with Checker

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
BobR

Post by BobR »

Problem with Checker: Anyone else have this problem? Have used Checker for years. Suddenly, it indicates "An error occurred while reading the file. (file name) access is denied" when I paste or check a file into it. I have uninstalled and re-installed the program. The file (s) themselves play well, and upload to Librivox well--but I cannot checked them in Checker. I can find a "help" source.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

BobR wrote: May 29th, 2020, 12:28 pm Problem with Checker: Anyone else have this problem? Have used Checker for years. Suddenly, it indicates "An error occurred while reading the file. (file name) access is denied" when I paste or check a file into it. I have uninstalled and re-installed the program. The file (s) themselves play well, and upload to Librivox well--but I cannot checked them in Checker. I can find a "help" source.
I had trouble yesterday. Checker said the file I was trying to access was being used by another program.

I don't imagine the two problems are related, but my solution was to re-boot everything, so to speak. I didn't reboot the computer, but closed and re-opened all my programs. Did the trick.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Oh, and I had your same message once---I remember now---when I tried to check the .mp3 file before it was uploaded to LivriVox. (I wonder if that makes any sense? At least, I think that's what happened.)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

:hmm: I've never encountered this problem. Or I don't think I have. What OS are you using? Have you installed any updates to it recently?

I think I have had problems in the past when trying to check a file, if I then attempted to open or uploaded it before the check was finished. I don't recall the wording of the error message, but do you think that could possibly be the case here?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I have had this message before. It happened for me if I just finished listening to the section. The player would still be "playing" it, even if the recording came to the end and stopped, and I have closed out the player. If I need to run the recording through Checker after I have listened to it, I will start a different section, then Checker will check the section I need checked!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

icequeen wrote: June 27th, 2020, 9:18 pm I have had this message before. It happened for me if I just finished listening to the section. The player would still be "playing" it, even if the recording came to the end and stopped, and I have closed out the player. If I need to run the recording through Checker after I have listened to it, I will start a different section, then Checker will check the section I need checked!
Interesting! What program are you using to listen? I do my listening in Audacity, and once it's finished importing, I can do anything with it.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

It's just the one that came with my laptop, Groove Music.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!