[COMPLETE][History]World's Story 11: Canada, South and Central America, Mexico, West Indies - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume11_106_tappan_128kb.mp3 fiexed version 15:33 I changed both the intro and the quote/unqoute thing.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Piotrek81 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 8:02 am https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume11_106_tappan_128kb.mp3 fiexed version 15:33 I changed both the intro and the quote/unqoute thing.
oh you didn't have to go back and delete them all now otherwise I would have given you PL notes with exact time stamps to make it easier for you to find the spots !

So just to confirm...you deleted all the quote marks ? That means I have to relisten to it all, because you didn't note down the time stamps...ok, will put it back to Ready for PL. But I didn't think you had to delete them all, it would have been easier for us both to keep them this time ;)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I deleted the ones that can be inferred from the text, e.g when there is a reference to someone speaking, etc.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Piotrek81 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 8:28 am I deleted the ones that can be inferred from the text, e.g when there is a reference to someone speaking, etc.
ok I will have to re-PL it all then. Thanks for confirmation. But please to make it easier for future DPLs, if you change anything that has not been mentioned in the PLnotes, please add the exact time stamp, that will save a lot of time. Because then one can make a spot PL.

It's ok for this time now, it's too complicated now after the fact. I will relisten. But not tonight...tomorrow.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Alan, and PL ok now. See you in the next volume :mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Piotrek81 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 8:02 am https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume11_106_tappan_128kb.mp3 fiexed version 15:33 I changed both the intro and the quote/unqoute thing.
ok had a relisten and it's now PL ok :) thanks !

Sonia
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'll need an extension on my selections, please. I'm setting up a new recording area, but it won't be finished for another couple of weeks.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Sonia,
This is to let you know that my remaining 2 sections are something that I recorded yesterday so I should be able to have them both posted soon.
Thank your patience.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote:I'll need an extension on my selections, please. I'm setting up a new recording area, but it won't be finished for another couple of weeks.
thank you for letting me know, Devorah. Of course I can extend the deadline a bit, now worries. Also it's still over a week till then. But I'll make a note to myself to extend if when the time arrives. One more month will suffice ?
adr6090 wrote:This is to let you know that my remaining 2 sections are something that I recorded yesterday so I should be able to have them both posted soon.
great, good to hear April, thanks !

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, an extra month will be perfect, thank you!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: oh wow, now these two sections had me riveted. I immediately had to look up pictures of the fer-de-lance and she indeed looks dangerous. Kudos to the cat that defends her kittens so bravely.

As for Mount Pelée, well, it reminds one a lot of the Pompeii disaster. :? A horrible tragedy. I am happy I don't live near an active volcano. I hope Mount Shasta is still far away from you, April, or is that not an active volcano ? And I remember there was quite a disaster as well, in the 80s I think, on Mount St. Helens, but that is too far to the North I guess ? :hmm:

In any case...both sections are PL ok and very entertaining to listen to. Only careful with the filenaming, you forgot _128kb at the end ;) but I will change it in the folder, no need to reupload, since there were no other errors.

Thank you so much

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

finally also uploaded my part in the DR. Jim, you don't have to check straight away, as you will PL the final assembled file. Now I'm just waiting for Monika's part and then I can stitch them all together.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume11_122_narrator_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:12 min.

Sonia