~[GRP/Maritime] My Danish Sweetheart Vol.1 by William Clark Russell - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Billium113
Posts: 27
Joined: April 9th, 2020, 4:25 am

Post by Billium113 » May 5th, 2020, 3:56 am

my PC crashed and everything has been erased. So it is gonna take me a while to get everything up and running again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Its gonna take me a while till I get to recording. Sorry. Pls hold my spot. :(

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19884
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 5th, 2020, 9:07 am

Billium113 wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 3:56 am
my PC crashed and everything has been erased. So it is gonna take me a while to get everything up and running again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Its gonna take me a while till I get to recording. Sorry. Pls hold my spot. :(
Grr how frustrating. Will hold it for an extra month. Let me know if you need longer.

laughingcat302
Posts: 113
Joined: October 14th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Post by laughingcat302 » May 17th, 2020, 7:35 pm

Violet Bleu
"She believed she could, so she did"--R.S. Grey

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19884
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 17th, 2020, 7:56 pm

laughingcat302 wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 7:35 pm
Here is my version of Section 3. Time is 30:16.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mydanishsweetheart1_03_russell_128kb.mp3
Thank you

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19884
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 18th, 2020, 10:00 am

Ch 3 PL OK

I enjoyed your rendition... very exciting :clap:

~17:30 there was a strange background noise. No need to do anything about it, but be aware in future recordings.

laughingcat302
Posts: 113
Joined: October 14th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Post by laughingcat302 » May 22nd, 2020, 12:04 pm

Lynnet wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 10:00 am
Ch 3 PL OK

I enjoyed your rendition... very exciting :clap:

~17:30 there was a strange background noise. No need to do anything about it, but be aware in future recordings.
Thank you! This is an exciting story, and I've learned a lot about seafaring in dangerous times! :D
Violet Bleu
"She believed she could, so she did"--R.S. Grey

laughingcat302
Posts: 113
Joined: October 14th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Post by laughingcat302 » May 26th, 2020, 10:27 pm

Chapter/Section 4 is nearly complete! I was waiting for my new microphone to arrive, and when it did, I wanted to redo a whole bunch of parts of my recording. I will have it all edited and uploaded by 1pm US-Central Time. I hope that is ok, I never got a message back over the weekend when I asked for an extension on this one.

Thanks in advance,
Natalie :)
Violet Bleu
"She believed she could, so she did"--R.S. Grey

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19884
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 27th, 2020, 7:26 am

laughingcat302 wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 10:27 pm
Chapter/Section 4 is nearly complete! I was waiting for my new microphone to arrive, and when it did, I wanted to redo a whole bunch of parts of my recording. I will have it all edited and uploaded by 1pm US-Central Time. I hope that is ok, I never got a message back over the weekend when I asked for an extension on this one.

Thanks in advance,
Natalie :)
Sorry about not responding. An extension is fine and no need to rush to get it in today.

laughingcat302
Posts: 113
Joined: October 14th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Post by laughingcat302 » May 27th, 2020, 12:49 pm

I buckled down and got this done! Here is Chapter 4: Helga Nielson, Time is 26:06.5. Let me know if there are any issues with this one.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mydanishsweetheart1_04_russell_128kb.mp3

Thanks in advance,
Natalie :)
Violet Bleu
"She believed she could, so she did"--R.S. Grey

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19884
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 27th, 2020, 3:05 pm

laughingcat302 wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 12:49 pm
I buckled down and got this done! Here is Chapter 4: Helga Nielson, Time is 26:06.5. Let me know if there are any issues with this one.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mydanishsweetheart1_04_russell_128kb.mp3

Thanks in advance,
Natalie :)
Thank you

laughingcat302
Posts: 113
Joined: October 14th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Post by laughingcat302 » May 27th, 2020, 5:26 pm

laughingcat302 wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 7:28 pm
Lynnet wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 4:16 pm
laughingcat302 wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 1:35 pm


Could you add these chapters so that I can see this project listed on MyLibrivox page? Thanks!
You are already in the MW as having those chapters assigned. I’m not sure what else you want me to do?
No worries, I was just wondering if there was a way to make this project show up when I open the link to "My Librivox". That way, I can see all the projects I have done, and the ones I'm working on in one place. It's not necessary, just nice to have them all in one place, instead of going to the Forum page and doing a search :D
Hi, Linnet,
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DuJtMxXMSff0SV2B8uJ-abrOYTMFRz1dCrTBdy_mqGo/edit?usp=sharing

I took this screenshot of "My Librivox Page" to show what I was asking about earlier. The image shows what my page looks like now, and you can see how projects that are "In Progress" still show up in the list. I volunteered for a new project this week, and it is not showing up here either. Maybe this is just not something that MCs or PLs do any longer? When I click on my name in the Magic Window, I don't always see all my 'In Progress' projects listed.

It's nice to share a single link to this page with Grandma, so she can easily see the projects of which I have been a part. :)

Thanks for your time,
Natalie
Violet Bleu
"She believed she could, so she did"--R.S. Grey

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19884
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 27th, 2020, 7:43 pm

laughingcat302 wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 5:26 pm
laughingcat302 wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 7:28 pm
Lynnet wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 4:16 pm


You are already in the MW as having those chapters assigned. I’m not sure what else you want me to do?
No worries, I was just wondering if there was a way to make this project show up when I open the link to "My Librivox". That way, I can see all the projects I have done, and the ones I'm working on in one place. It's not necessary, just nice to have them all in one place, instead of going to the Forum page and doing a search :D
Hi, Linnet,
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DuJtMxXMSff0SV2B8uJ-abrOYTMFRz1dCrTBdy_mqGo/edit?usp=sharing

I took this screenshot of "My Librivox Page" to show what I was asking about earlier. The image shows what my page looks like now, and you can see how projects that are "In Progress" still show up in the list. I volunteered for a new project this week, and it is not showing up here either. Maybe this is just not something that MCs or PLs do any longer? When I click on my name in the Magic Window, I don't always see all my 'In Progress' projects listed.

It's nice to share a single link to this page with Grandma, so she can easily see the projects of which I have been a part. :)

Thanks for your time,
Natalie
As far as I know, it is supposed to be automatically updated. I have never done anything apart from add people to the MW. I can’t open the page you are linking to. However, when I open your catalog page (then click on ‘reader view’), I see you have 4 sections in Stories and Pictures (all PL OK) plus the two here, one PL OK, the other awaiting PL. If you look at the Reader Page, it also lists all the completed projects you have contributed to (but it is slow to load).

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19884
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 28th, 2020, 8:45 am

Ch 4
~ 6:51 Repeat "we must endeavour to heave to."

laughingcat302
Posts: 113
Joined: October 14th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Post by laughingcat302 » May 29th, 2020, 9:19 pm

Lynnet wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 8:45 am
Ch 4
~ 6:51 Repeat "we must endeavour to heave to."
Oops! Time is now 26:08.5m
Here we go...

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mydanishsweetheart1_04_russell_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Nat
Violet Bleu
"She believed she could, so she did"--R.S. Grey

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19884
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 30th, 2020, 7:15 am

laughingcat302 wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 9:19 pm
Lynnet wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 8:45 am
Ch 4
~ 6:51 Repeat "we must endeavour to heave to."
Oops! Time is now 26:08.5m
Here we go...

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mydanishsweetheart1_04_russell_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Nat
Thank you

Post Reply