Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Twiller PL ok!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 3 is ready for Final PL. What a riot. Act 3 by itself could be a good play. And you all sound great!

I am looking forward to getting to the other acts as the final parts come in.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ah, well, I won't have a spare hour-and-some-change until Wednesday. But I'm certainly looking forward to listening when I do! :D
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

I have Act I for Huxley almost ready just have to clean up the sound, all the edits are in. Getting close!
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Mr Huxley Act 1 completed ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/torchbearers_Hossefrosse_1_128kb.mp3

Time 7:04
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I am in the middle of assembling Act 2 and I am laughing out loud as I edit. Almost tears. Very funny....

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

ToddHW wrote: May 27th, 2020, 12:57 pm I am in the middle of assembling Act 2 and I am laughing out loud as I edit. Almost tears. Very funny....

Thanks, Todd
I can't wait to hear it! :lol:
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

benderca wrote: May 27th, 2020, 1:56 pm
ToddHW wrote: May 27th, 2020, 12:57 pm I am in the middle of assembling Act 2 and I am laughing out loud as I edit. Almost tears. Very funny....

Thanks, Todd
I can't wait to hear it! :lol:
Me either!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, I so enjoyed hearing Huxley's part! You'll sound wonderful with the rest of our voices! There are a few things to correct. The easiest way is to start at the end and work your way backwards so that the time stamps don't change. :)

0:10 Part of line missing (underlined) "Mrs. Ritter—good evening."
0:35 This line belongs to Mrs. Fell and should be cut: "It's true."
2:15 Part of line missing (underlined) "Naturally!—You wanted a scene!"
6:49 Missing line: "We’d better lay him right here." (It should go after "Lift up his head.")
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Wow thank you I thought I got all of them, I did a find on Hossefrosse and then copied and pasted to a document to read. Thank you for catching I was just starting to record Act II
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Corrections made
Mr. Huxley Act I
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/torchbearers_hossefrosse_1_128kb.mp3

2 of the lines I did not bold that was why they were left out :roll:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Act 3 sounds excellent! Except, I must say, I'm rather embarassed to hear so much background noise behind my lines! I couldn't hear it when I submitted them, but now it sounds so loud to me! :oops: Ah well, I'm in the process of setting up a new recording space, and hopefully I won't have those issues any more. But enough about me! :roll:

I noticed that you cut many of the stage directions, which I think was entirely right. (And partly because that would have made the act at least ten minutes longer!) There aren't too many places in this act where you need to stack voices, and I think you did a great job with them. I have a couple of suggestions, the first one being in my opinion the only important one.

7:05 Here's a stage direction I think is important to keep in: "[He goes through the arched doorway at the head of the stairs.]" This is his exiting the scene just before Mrs. Pampinelli comes in. I think listeners need to know that he is gone.
41:30 I felt we could comfortably cut this direction, if you're looking to trim down a bit more. It felt to me like it broke the flow of the scene more than most. "Mrs. Pampinelli. [Imperiously, and moving over to a point above the table at which Mrs. Ritter is sitting]" Up to you, though.
54:22 This one could also be comfortably cut, I think. "Mrs. Pampinelli. [To Mrs. Ritter]"
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

larryhayes7 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 5:19 pm Corrections made
Mr. Huxley Act I
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/torchbearers_hossefrosse_1_128kb.mp3

2 of the lines I did not bold that was why they were left out :roll:
PL ok, thank you! There are a couple of things to watch out for on the next one that I forgot to mention:

Your volume is a bit high. Todd will adjust it anyway for this piece, but that's definitely something you need to be careful of if you're submitting to a non-dramatic project.

Also, specfic to dramatic projects, you might want to be more careful of your spacing. Mostly you left a nice comfortable pause of four or five seconds, but there were some spots where there's barely one second! When I edit my dramatic parts, I like to copy a chunk of silence the length that I want it, then paste it in in between lines. That way, I don't need to worry about it as I'm recording. :wink: