[HISTORY]Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1-Leni

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
pattymarie
Posts: 1989
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » May 19th, 2020, 1:00 pm

realisticspeakers wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 3:52 pm


https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory1_17_bury_128kb.mp3

I am so proud of these seamless edits. Excuse me, I'm going to stand in front of the mirror and puff up my chest!
Seamless indeed! :D Section 17 is PL OK. Thank you, realisticspeakers.
Pattymarie

KevinS
Posts: 7467
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » May 19th, 2020, 2:03 pm

pattymarie wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 1:00 pm
realisticspeakers wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 3:52 pm


https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory1_17_bury_128kb.mp3

I am so proud of these seamless edits. Excuse me, I'm going to stand in front of the mirror and puff up my chest!
Seamless indeed! :D Section 17 is PL OK. Thank you, realisticspeakers.

Thank you, pattymarie, for all your great work!
New modem installation delayed until instructions are clear.

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1273
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » May 19th, 2020, 6:57 pm

pattymarie wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 1:00 pm
realisticspeakers wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 3:52 pm


https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory1_17_bury_128kb.mp3

I am so proud of these seamless edits. Excuse me, I'm going to stand in front of the mirror and puff up my chest!
Seamless indeed! :D Section 17 is PL OK. Thank you, realisticspeakers.
Thank you
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

pattymarie
Posts: 1989
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » May 20th, 2020, 4:24 am

I think section 18 is pl ok except that it's on high speed. :lol: I spent ten minutes trying to figure out how to set my mp3 player back to normal speed thinking I'd somehow inadvertently changed its settings. Failing at that, I just let the file play, and afterwards it went on to replay section 65, that I still had on the machine, at normal speed. I'll listen to section 18 again at normal speed to be sure there isn't anything that raced by me unnoticed as it is.
Pattymarie

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1273
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » May 20th, 2020, 5:49 am

pattymarie wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 4:24 am
I think section 18 is pl ok except that it's on high speed. :lol: I spent ten minutes trying to figure out how to set my mp3 player back to normal speed thinking I'd somehow inadvertently changed its settings. Failing at that, I just let the file play, and afterwards it went on to replay section 65, that I still had on the machine, at normal speed. I'll listen to section 18 again at normal speed to be sure there isn't anything that raced by me unnoticed as it is.
oh my god, I'm sorry. I'll slow it down to normal and upload it again.
I playback in highspeed to edit and also to keep myself from going insane listening to myself.
Even when I come back from a break to record further on, I forget to set it back to normal and it drives me nuts to resample that too.
sorry.
I'm complicated.

New time: 40:47
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory1_18_bury_128kb.mp3
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

pattymarie
Posts: 1989
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » May 20th, 2020, 6:59 am

realisticspeakers wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 5:49 am
pattymarie wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 4:24 am
I think section 18 is pl ok except that it's on high speed. :lol: I spent ten minutes trying to figure out how to set my mp3 player back to normal speed thinking I'd somehow inadvertently changed its settings. Failing at that, I just let the file play, and afterwards it went on to replay section 65, that I still had on the machine, at normal speed. I'll listen to section 18 again at normal speed to be sure there isn't anything that raced by me unnoticed as it is.
oh my god, I'm sorry. I'll slow it down to normal and upload it again.
I playback in highspeed to edit and also to keep myself from going insane listening to myself.
Even when I come back from a break to record further on, I forget to set it back to normal and it drives me nuts to resample that too.
sorry.
I'm complicated.

New time: 40:47
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory1_18_bury_128kb.mp3
Thanks for the idea of listening in high speed while editing. That will save me some time. :D
Pattymarie

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6273
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » May 20th, 2020, 11:35 am

KevinS wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 12:54 pm


Thank you! We're going to get all the volumes done---all of them!---before the next century! Haha!
We definitely will! 8-)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1273
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » May 22nd, 2020, 8:42 am

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

pattymarie
Posts: 1989
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » May 23rd, 2020, 12:38 pm

Section 18 is pl ok. Thank you. I've got section 19. :)
Pattymarie

Kazbek
Posts: 972
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » May 24th, 2020, 8:47 am

Section 66:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory1_66_bury_128kb.mp3
39:11
Starting from p.557, "The policy of compulsion..."

Michael

Kazbek
Posts: 972
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » May 24th, 2020, 9:21 am

Just realized that had I missed the special instructions at the bottom of the opening post. I think I need to fix my intros, but I'm a little confused about the portion that follows "DOT org". Should it read "Chapter [number]" instead of "Section [number]" or does the first section of each chapter go "DOT org, section X, chapter Y" or are chapter numbers omitted altogether? Should every section's intro contain the name of the author(s) in some form? (I thought that was a LV requirement). Perhaps someone could spell out for me the intended form of the intros for sections 64 and 65.

Thanks,
Michael

pattymarie
Posts: 1989
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » May 24th, 2020, 2:38 pm

The readings of the texts of sections 65 and 66 are pl ok. Thank you, Michael.

It appears that the author's name is supposed to be in the intro to every file; at least the multi-part chapters by other readers have it in each file. It's not set out, though, in the instructions right below the mw. I'll let Kevin instruct you.

Kevin, would you please instruct Michael and me in how you want the intros done?
Pattymarie

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1273
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » May 25th, 2020, 4:19 am

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

pattymarie
Posts: 1989
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » May 26th, 2020, 7:46 am

Section 20 is pl ok. Thank you, realisticspeakers.
Pattymarie

KevinS
Posts: 7467
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » May 27th, 2020, 9:31 am

pattymarie wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 2:38 pm
Kevin, would you please instruct Michael and me in how you want the intros done?
Kazbek wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 9:21 am
Just realized that had I missed the special instructions at the bottom of the opening post. I think I need to fix my intros, but I'm a little confused about the portion that follows "DOT org". Should it read "Chapter [number]" instead of "Section [number]" or does the first section of each chapter go "DOT org, section X, chapter Y" or are chapter numbers omitted altogether? Should every section's intro contain the name of the author(s) in some form? (I thought that was a LV requirement). Perhaps someone could spell out for me the intended form of the intros for sections 64 and 65.

Thanks,
Michael
My apologies for any confusion!

We're using section numbers to guide the reader and we make no mention of chapter numbers. In the instructions I should have been more specific in saying "Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1, Section [number], [chapter title] by [chapter author].

The chapters' authors are mentioned for each section in the introduction. The volume's editor is also mentioned but in the close.

If I could start over from scratch, I might have added Part numbers, too, but I was trying to keep everything as simple as possible.
New modem installation delayed until instructions are clear.

Post Reply