[COMPLETE] A Little Girl in Old New York by Amanda Minnie Douglas - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alicehu24

Post by alicehu24 »

icequeen wrote: May 15th, 2020, 10:38 am
alicehu24 wrote: May 15th, 2020, 4:33 am I would like to claim chapter 5.

Welcome to LibriVox! I have you down for chapter 5, thank you! Please make sure to do your one minute test before you record your chapter. It is just so that we can make sure your settings are where we need them to be, before you record something longer. What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Thank you! and I'll do the one-minute test. I would like 'Alice Hu' for my catalog page, not really sure what is though.
SopB

Post by SopB »

Can I take Chapter 15 please? :)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

alicehu24 wrote: May 25th, 2020, 5:08 am
icequeen wrote: May 15th, 2020, 10:38 am
alicehu24 wrote: May 15th, 2020, 4:33 am I would like to claim chapter 5.

Welcome to LibriVox! I have you down for chapter 5, thank you! Please make sure to do your one minute test before you record your chapter. It is just so that we can make sure your settings are where we need them to be, before you record something longer. What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Thank you! and I'll do the one-minute test. I would like 'Alice Hu' for my catalog page, not really sure what is though.

Perfect! Here is your catalog page! https://librivox.org/reader/14319
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

SopB wrote: May 25th, 2020, 5:56 pm Can I take Chapter 15 please? :)

Chapter 15 is yours, thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
SopB

Post by SopB »

Thanks! :D
Vivianlyu

Post by Vivianlyu »

How about this one? If I really cannot change it, can later editors help change it into the right format?

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_vivianlyu-59.mp3
CMWendt

Post by CMWendt »

Can I request Chapter 19 please?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Vivianlyu wrote: May 26th, 2020, 4:02 pm How about this one? If I really cannot change it, can later editors help change it into the right format?

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_vivianlyu-59.mp3

Now you have the sample rate correct, but now the file is in stereo, it needs to be changed to mono, and the bit rate is back to 64 kbps.

To answer your question, you are the editor of your recordings, and expecting someone else to do your work is not fair. We are all volunteers, including us admins. Those of us who handle the metadata can not change the technical stuff without having to do a bunch of downloading and uploading. That is why we have this one minute test, to take care of these issues before you record a full section. I know this can be hard, but once you get the settings correct, they will not change unless you change them. So, no, someone else (me) does not edit the files later, that someone else (me) just catalogs the project. Please try again to fix the new issues. If you would like, you can post your file in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum. That is the normal place to post tests, but I will check them if they are posted in the project thread.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

CMWendt wrote: May 26th, 2020, 4:57 pm Can I request Chapter 19 please?

Chapter 19 is yours, thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
vivvexation

Post by vivvexation »

Here is my one minute test! https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_vivvexation.mp3

The wiki recommended me to upload the one minute test raw, but I know how to do basic noise removal for the project. Also, please tell me if the speed I am talking at is too fast; it's my normal talking speed but I can slow down for the reading if necessary c:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

vivvexation wrote: May 27th, 2020, 12:40 am Here is my one minute test! https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_vivvexation.mp3

The wiki recommended me to upload the one minute test raw, but I know how to do basic noise removal for the project. Also, please tell me if the speed I am talking at is too fast; it's my normal talking speed but I can slow down for the reading if necessary c:
All your settings are where we need them to be, awesome! Checker did give a warning on the amount of background noise, but I think that was because of the a couple of cut off breath sounds in the end silence. So, I think you are OK to record!

As far as the speed of speaking; it might be a little fast, but that is mostly in the ear of the listener. I also talk fast, and had someone, a long time ago, make a lot of comments on that. It was recommended by another fast talker that I use Change Tempo in the Effects tab of Audacity. I slow all my recordings down by 2%, just enough to slow it down without making my speech sound strange, or slowed down artificially. It sounds slower to me, but no one has commented since I have started using that effect. Try that and see what you think about that, it is much easier than trying to slow yourself down!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
CMWendt

Post by CMWendt »

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

CMWendt wrote: June 4th, 2020, 3:07 pm Here is Chapter 19.
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/littlegirlinoldnewyork_19_douglas.mp3
Length is 18:02

Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
CMWendt

Post by CMWendt »

Can I request Chapter 17 and 18 please?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

CMWendt wrote: June 6th, 2020, 8:10 pm Can I request Chapter 17 and 18 please?

Of course! Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!