[COMPLETE] Dialogo dei massimi sistemi by Galilei - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Slowly the procession of snails is going on towards the goal... :clap:
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Eysiss wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 9:00 am first "giornata" is done!
WOW! :clap: :birthday:
Iunta4Ios wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 10:33 am Slowly the procession of snails is going on towards the goal...
Taken into account that those are complicated texts - this is not slowly! :D All things are relative ;) (but than that was a different guy).
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Coming to try to explain the sea tide, for once Galileo’ theory is not correct, according to today knowledge (see, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discourse_on_the_Tides).
But this fact makes to me the scientist even more human and likable : you cannot always correctly guess everything in advance, but the only attempt to do it is to be deeply admired.
Anyway here is section 53, Beginning of “giornata quarta”
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/dialogomassimisistemi_53_galilei_128kb.mp3
(30:01 m)
Pier
When the snails go marching in
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: May 24th, 2020, 12:16 pm Anyway here is section 53, Beginning of “giornata quarta”
Thank you :)

The tide I need to read tomorrow, no brain left today ;)
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Hallo
Pier here my suggestions for Section 53:
8:06 pg 433 14 lines from top: "ha da essere" instead of "ha da esser"
14:01 pg 434 3 lines from bottom: "che riferiscon" instead of "che referiscon"
15:30 pg 435 15 lines from top: "consumare il tempo nel riferirle" instead of "consumare il tempo nel referirle"
17:31 pg 435 4 lines from bottom: "a far rigonfiare" instead of "a far rigonfiar"
28:00 pg 438 8 lines from bottom: "tremila miglie" instead of "tremila miglia"

Cheers
Emanuela
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

How fast Emanuela! :shock: Thanks!
By the way have a look to the fragment of a novel I recently discovered: :lol:

from: another metamorphosis (recently discovered unpublished novel from Franz Kafka, English translation from German by Pier):
The snail E. once suddenly underwent a strange transformation: She started losing her shell, as sometimes happened in the past when she underwent the process of creating a new "shell-house".
But this time she didn't grew any new shell and instead her body started to grow, then some white hair began to cover her full body and her nice snail antennae become pretty funny long ears.
E. developed legs and...she was a rabbit.
E. taken by a sudden irresistible feeling of freedom, started running, running always faster
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

And here is the revised version of sec. 53:
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/dialogomassimisistemi_53_galilei_128kb.mp3
(30:08 m)
Pier
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Now everything is fixed,
thank you Pier

Sect 53 is PL OK!!
Emanuela

PS: I' m almost done with my section too... a couple of pages and the final review. Have faith. The little snail is arriving.
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Eysiss wrote: May 25th, 2020, 10:09 am Now everything is fixed,
thank you Pier

Sect 53 is PL OK!!
Emanuela

PS: I' m almost done with my section too... a couple of pages and the final review. Have faith. The little snail is arriving.
Thanks,
snail or rabbit, the main thing is the will and the patience to go on... :clap:
Pier
THedboy

Post by THedboy »

Hi everybody, I'm THedboy! I'm new here, but I would like to participate in the project "Elaborazione dei massimi sistemi". I never recorded anything, so in case I could attend, I'd like to ask you something. I read the notice that says is not possible to listen to the current recordings "Work in progress", but taking a look at the text to be recorded, I saw that there are some peculiarities that I would like to understand how to read (for example the end-of-page notes and the names of the participants in the dialogue), so I wanted to ask if it would be possible to hear even a single recording in which these elements are present, in such a way as to be able to rely on work already done to resume the mode of implementation. I thank in advance anyone who will answer to my request and enjoy reading!
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

THedboy wrote: May 25th, 2020, 11:33 pm Hi everybody, I'm THedboy! I'm new here, but I would like to participate in the project "Elaborazione dei massimi sistemi". I never recorded anything, so in case I could attend, I'd like to ask you something. I read the notice that says is not possible to listen to the current recordings "Work in progress", but taking a look at the text to be recorded, I saw that there are some peculiarities that I would like to understand how to read (for example the end-of-page notes and the names of the participants in the dialogue), so I wanted to ask if it would be possible to hear even a single recording in which these elements are present, in such a way as to be able to rely on work already done to resume the mode of implementation. I thank in advance anyone who will answer to my request and enjoy reading!

Welcome!
Benvenuto! Mi sembra di aver capito, da alcune tue comunicazioni precedenti, che preferisci, quando possibile, scrivere e ricevere risposte in italiano. Quindi ti rispondo in italiano.
Ci (credo di poter parlare a nome di tutti quelli che partecipano a questo progetto) fa sempre molto piacere vedere qualcuno di nuovo disponibile a darci una mano in questo progetto interessante, ma difficile. L’aiuto di tutti quanti disponibili è indispensabile per portarlo a termine! :clap:

Vengo alle tue domande:
- the end-of-page notes: non vi è una regola univoca (Monika, che è molto più esperta di me potrà darti indicazioni più precise). Credo però che sia opportuno leggerle senza turbare il flusso del discorso, pensando ad essere fedeli al testo scritto ma renderlo il più intellegibile possibile a chi ascolterà la lettura, senza il testo di fronte. Ad esempio si può completare la frase in cui è inserita la nota e poi dire “inizio nota 1:”………………” e poi al termine dl testo della nota dire “fine nota 1” e riprendere il testo principale dove si era interrotto. Se la nota è molto breve si può anche leggere in continuazione al testo senza dire inizio e fine. Possono anche capitare note insignificanti che non apportano nulla di nuovo al testo e interromperebbero solo inutilmente il flusso del discorso e possono essere non lette. In ogni caso non aver timore, se hai dei dubbi, di chiedere un parere specifico, di volta in volta, sulla parte di testo che stai leggendo.
- the names of the participants in the dialogue: sempre per rendere più chiaro il testo al futuro ascoltatore è opportuno leggere sempre il nome per esteso di chi inizia una frase, ad es. Sagredo: “…………………”; Simplicio:”………….”.
- I wanted to ask if it would be possible to hear even a single recording in which these elements are present : Posso suggerirti la sezione 52 (scusa se ti indico una mia sezione, con la mia voce noiosa, invece di una sezione con la voce più simpatica di una nostra lettrice! Ma ovviamente ricordo meglio i brani che ho letto io.) Nella sezione 52 troverai anche due note, a pag. 421 e a pag 430.

Buon lavoro (e buon divertimento,spero! :wink: )
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

THedboy wrote: May 25th, 2020, 11:33 pm Hi everybody, I'm THedboy!
Bienvenuto! :D
THedboy wrote: May 25th, 2020, 11:33 pm I'm new here, but I would like to participate in the project "Elaborazione dei massimi sistemi".
Wonderful! :clap:
THedboy wrote: May 25th, 2020, 11:33 pm I read the notice that says is not possible to listen to the current recordings "Work in progress", but taking a look at the text to be recorded, I saw that there are some peculiarities that I would like to understand how to read (for example the end-of-page notes and the names of the participants in the dialogue), so I wanted to ask if it would be possible to hear even a single recording in which these elements are present, in such a way as to be able to rely on work already done to resume the mode of implementation.
It is correct that it is strongly recommended not to listen to a section until a book is in the catalog. Only, you want to do it because you would like to have an example and in this case I feel you should be able to get the assurance, so feel free and listen to one of the sections.
Iunta4Ios wrote: May 26th, 2020, 12:32 am (Monika, che è molto più esperta di me potrà darti indicazioni più precise).
Kinda. Well, Monika is very tired and very happy, that you already answered. :) There is only one little point I am not quite sure that I understand right:
Iunta4Ios wrote: May 26th, 2020, 12:32 am Se la nota è molto breve si può anche leggere in continuazione al testo senza dire inizio e fine.
Do I understand this right that you read very short footnotes without "Footnote .... end of footnote"? I have never heard about reading a footnote like this, but on the other hand, since Emanuela never complained, it should be right :)
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

[/quote]There is only one little point I am not quite sure that I understand right:
Iunta4Ios wrote: May 26th, 2020, 12:32 am Se la nota è molto breve si può anche leggere in continuazione al testo senza dire inizio e fine.
Do I understand this right that you read very short footnotes without "Footnote .... end of footnote"? I have never heard about reading a footnote like this, but on the other hand, since Emanuela never complained, it should be right :)
[/quote]
Sorry, Monika, I was probably wrong on this point and anyway I didn't express myself very clearly : I was referring to the very special case of a foot note consisting only of just one or two words. I am not even sure I ever found such a case. But anyway I think that the best solution is to always ask the advise of others in special situations rising some doubts.
Cheers :D
Pier
THedboy

Post by THedboy »

Iunta4Ios wrote: May 26th, 2020, 12:32 am
THedboy wrote: May 25th, 2020, 11:33 pm Hi everybody, I'm THedboy! I'm new here, but I would like to participate in the project "Elaborazione dei massimi sistemi". I never recorded anything, so in case I could attend, I'd like to ask you something. I read the notice that says is not possible to listen to the current recordings "Work in progress", but taking a look at the text to be recorded, I saw that there are some peculiarities that I would like to understand how to read (for example the end-of-page notes and the names of the participants in the dialogue), so I wanted to ask if it would be possible to hear even a single recording in which these elements are present, in such a way as to be able to rely on work already done to resume the mode of implementation. I thank in advance anyone who will answer to my request and enjoy reading!

Welcome!
Benvenuto! Mi sembra di aver capito, da alcune tue comunicazioni precedenti, che preferisci, quando possibile, scrivere e ricevere risposte in italiano. Quindi ti rispondo in italiano.
Ci (credo di poter parlare a nome di tutti quelli che partecipano a questo progetto) fa sempre molto piacere vedere qualcuno di nuovo disponibile a darci una mano in questo progetto interessante, ma difficile. L’aiuto di tutti quanti disponibili è indispensabile per portarlo a termine! :clap:

Vengo alle tue domande:
- the end-of-page notes: non vi è una regola univoca (Monika, che è molto più esperta di me potrà darti indicazioni più precise). Credo però che sia opportuno leggerle senza turbare il flusso del discorso, pensando ad essere fedeli al testo scritto ma renderlo il più intellegibile possibile a chi ascolterà la lettura, senza il testo di fronte. Ad esempio si può completare la frase in cui è inserita la nota e poi dire “inizio nota 1:”………………” e poi al termine dl testo della nota dire “fine nota 1” e riprendere il testo principale dove si era interrotto. Se la nota è molto breve si può anche leggere in continuazione al testo senza dire inizio e fine. Possono anche capitare note insignificanti che non apportano nulla di nuovo al testo e interromperebbero solo inutilmente il flusso del discorso e possono essere non lette. In ogni caso non aver timore, se hai dei dubbi, di chiedere un parere specifico, di volta in volta, sulla parte di testo che stai leggendo.
- the names of the participants in the dialogue: sempre per rendere più chiaro il testo al futuro ascoltatore è opportuno leggere sempre il nome per esteso di chi inizia una frase, ad es. Sagredo: “…………………”; Simplicio:”………….”.
- I wanted to ask if it would be possible to hear even a single recording in which these elements are present : Posso suggerirti la sezione 52 (scusa se ti indico una mia sezione, con la mia voce noiosa, invece di una sezione con la voce più simpatica di una nostra lettrice! Ma ovviamente ricordo meglio i brani che ho letto io.) Nella sezione 52 troverai anche due note, a pag. 421 e a pag 430.

Buon lavoro (e buon divertimento,spero! :wink: )
Pier

Ciao Pier,

Ho appena ascoltato la sezione che mi hai consigliato e ho trovato tutte le informazioni che stavo cercando.
Devo anche dire che la voce non è per nulla noiosa e ammetto che mi piacerebbe averla un po' più calda, similmente alla tua.
Ti ringrazio per l'ennesimo aiuto che mi hai dato e credo che richiederò a breve una sezione da poter leggere.
Ti auguro un buon proseguimento.

Lorenzo
THedboy

Post by THedboy »

moniaqua wrote: May 26th, 2020, 9:06 am
THedboy wrote: May 25th, 2020, 11:33 pm Hi everybody, I'm THedboy!
Bienvenuto! :D
THedboy wrote: May 25th, 2020, 11:33 pm I'm new here, but I would like to participate in the project "Elaborazione dei massimi sistemi".
Wonderful! :clap:
THedboy wrote: May 25th, 2020, 11:33 pm I read the notice that says is not possible to listen to the current recordings "Work in progress", but taking a look at the text to be recorded, I saw that there are some peculiarities that I would like to understand how to read (for example the end-of-page notes and the names of the participants in the dialogue), so I wanted to ask if it would be possible to hear even a single recording in which these elements are present, in such a way as to be able to rely on work already done to resume the mode of implementation.
It is correct that it is strongly recommended not to listen to a section until a book is in the catalog. Only, you want to do it because you would like to have an example and in this case I feel you should be able to get the assurance, so feel free and listen to one of the sections.
Iunta4Ios wrote: May 26th, 2020, 12:32 am (Monika, che è molto più esperta di me potrà darti indicazioni più precise).
Kinda. Well, Monika is very tired and very happy, that you already answered. :) There is only one little point I am not quite sure that I understand right:

Thanks Monika.
I've just listened the section that Pier Suggested to me.
I found the information I was looking for, so i will soon request a section to read.
Thanks for yur disponibility and i'm sorry for this short message, but my friend who usually helps me with english is not there, so I am forced to manage as best I can. XD
Enjoy reading.

Lorenzo