Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: wow from the first sentences onward the goosebumps did not leave me. This is an awesomely well-written classical ghost-story. I find it such a pity that such authors go unnoticed while others who may be less talented get more fame. But now thanks to this series, they all get their chance to recorded for the public. :9: Thank you, Nemo, this was wonderfully narrated (still having goosebumps).

PL ok, a great first submission :thumbs: (see you in the next issue, possibly ;) )

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: May 25th, 2020, 6:20 pmHere is Section 5.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0106mar1896_5_various_128kb.mp3 20:54
I hope you enjoy it.
oh I most definitely did, this was such an intriguing story and such a great explanation at the end. :9: The poor woman though, the husband should have told her earlier on what's up.

Absolutely great reading and PL ok, thank you so much Julie. And I hope to hear you again in the next issue 8-)

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

such a great explanation at the end. :9: The poor woman though, the husband should have told her earlier on what's up.
Most definitely, but I do understand having fun with it at the start.

Off to read No. 7 for an early start on choosing. 8-)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: May 26th, 2020, 5:39 am Off to read No. 7 for an early start on choosing. 8-)
:lol: somebody is eager here ! But I will wait a bit before I launch the next one, shouldn't be running too fast. But have fun reading them already :)

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Section 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0106mar1896_1_various_128kb.mp3
17:03

Hi Sonia
Can I ask a favour. I want to make a small change to my catalogue name. At present it is alanmapstone like my forum name. I want the forum name to stay the same but the catalogue name to be Alan Mapstone as I think it will look better in catalogued works. I would be grateful if you could find the time to do this.
Hope you are keeping well in these worrying times :D
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: May 30th, 2020, 4:09 amCan I ask a favour. I want to make a small change to my catalogue name. At present it is alanmapstone like my forum name. I want the forum name to stay the same but the catalogue name to be Alan Mapstone as I think it will look better in catalogued works.
done: https://librivox.org/reader/7170 :)

changing the forum name would be more difficult, so I'm relieved you don't want to do that.

And thanks for your section, I'm looking forward to listening to it soon :9:

And yes I am well :) keeping up the good spirits and hoping all will be back to normal soon

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: oho, an interesting twist at the end, even though I suspected she wasn't dead yet :lol: But to hear her say that she never rejected as many suitors are they claimed, now that was interesting. A great story, loved it, also your wonderful narration. I couldn't help but think that, had this been a Pinero play, you would have been great in the role of the lawyer :mrgreen:

Only one short snip to suggest:

> at 14:10: (p. 6) stumble and repeat "the portières of the library"

thanks, and I hope you liked short story narration (you definitely have a knack for it) and maybe I'll hear you again in the next Black Cat.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: May 30th, 2020, 6:32 am
alanmapstone wrote: May 30th, 2020, 4:09 amCan I ask a favour. I want to make a small change to my catalogue name. At present it is alanmapstone like my forum name. I want the forum name to stay the same but the catalogue name to be Alan Mapstone as I think it will look better in catalogued works.
done: https://librivox.org/reader/7170 :)
Thanks Sonia :thumbs:
Alan
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, and PL ok now :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

since I haven't heard back from the new reader for two months now, I'll orphan section 3 and claim it for myself. I have a bit of time now and can record it over the weekend. If someone would volunteer to PL it later on that would be cool. And then I think it's time to start the next volume 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok I was busy and here is the section :) quite a romantic story

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0106mar1896_3_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 21:36 min.

Now only one story left...I will start prepping the next magazine now...

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Kitty wrote: July 18th, 2020, 6:40 am ok I was busy and here is the section :) quite a romantic story

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0106mar1896_3_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 21:36 min.

Now only one story left...I will start prepping the next magazine now...

Sonia
Will PL this later today!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."