1 Minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
ZekeTheDog

Post by ZekeTheDog » May 23rd, 2020, 2:53 pm

Recorded in Audacity on an HP Omen running Xubuntu Linux with a Blue Yeti USB Microphone. Thank you in advance for your feedback.
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_zekethedog.mp3

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kathrinee » May 24th, 2020, 8:29 pm

Welcome to Librivox, Zeke, and thank you for the test!

Well done on sorting out the technical settings :clap: Really, you are good to go the way it is. I would encourage you to test out the noise cleaning effect to make it even a little crisper. It is easy in Audacity: Select a few seconds of background noise only (no speech) and click Effect | Noise Reduction | Get Profile. Then select the whole recording (Ctrl+A), click Effect | Noise Reduction again, and use settings:

Noise Reduction: 10 dB
Sensitivity: 6
Frequency smoothing (bands) 6

and click OK.

If you want to try it out and post another test you can, but if you feel confident about how to use it, feel free to head over to the Readers Wanted forums and claim a section or two that looks appealing :clap:
Kathrine

ZekeTheDog

Post by ZekeTheDog » May 24th, 2020, 10:17 pm

kathrinee wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 8:29 pm
Welcome to Librivox, Zeke, and thank you for the test!

Well done on sorting out the technical settings :clap: Really, you are good to go the way it is. I would encourage you to test out the noise cleaning effect to make it even a little crisper. It is easy in Audacity: Select a few seconds of background noise only (no speech) and click Effect | Noise Reduction | Get Profile. Then select the whole recording (Ctrl+A), click Effect | Noise Reduction again, and use settings:

Noise Reduction: 10 dB
Sensitivity: 6
Frequency smoothing (bands) 6

and click OK.

If you want to try it out and post another test you can, but if you feel confident about how to use it, feel free to head over to the Readers Wanted forums and claim a section or two that looks appealing :clap:
Okay, I had already done some denoising on the original file that I sent over but I did it again with the parameters that you suggested, how does this sound? https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_zekethedog.mp3

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kathrinee » May 26th, 2020, 8:22 pm

That sound great to me, thank you! :9: Go forth and record lots :)
Kathrine