COMPLETE[PLAY]The Torch-Bearers by George Kelly - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

You need to post this in the Listener's Wanted forum - as an mp3 - to get it assessed.

Thanks, Todd
reecedawg

Post by reecedawg »

"After the dazzle of day is gone,
Only the dark, dark night shows to my eyes the stars;
After the clangor of organ majestic, or chorus, or perfect band,
Silent, athwart my soul, moves the symphony true."
Walt Whitman
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
DrewStarmer

Post by DrewStarmer »

Working on it still! Some tech difficulties
benderca

Post by benderca »

A lady must never be rushed. And Nelly Fell is a lady worth waiting for... :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/torchbearers_nellyfell_3_128kb.mp3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Just got finished listening to Mr. Twiller. Very well done! I like the down-to-earth tone he has. I think our "light and shade" and "gestures" dialogue will come off very well. There is only one missing line, in act 1. I have a few notes on spacing for act 2, but I think Todd will be able to work with it no problem, so I'll go ahead and mark it PL ok. You might want to take a look, though, for something to keep in mind next time. :)

Act 1:

0:41 Missing line (It was hidden inside stage directions): "Hello, Teddy!"

Act 2:

0:17 Need more space for stage directions in between "Yes?" and "Excuse me, Nelly."
1:14 Need more space for stage directions between "No!" and "What are you trying to do?"
2:07 Need more space for stage directions between "damned annoying" and "even if you don't."
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Nelly Fell, Act 3 is PL ok!

There is a longish silence at 0:09 that's not necessary and that should be cut, but nothing you can't manage. (after "close that door, if you will.")

So that means that Act 3 is ready for the final edit! :clap:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Completed assembly of Act 3; now have to stack some lines and adjust volumes and gaps throughout..... And, finally get chance to hear it all too!

Thanks, Todd
reecedawg

Post by reecedawg »

mightyfelix wrote: May 16th, 2020, 10:32 am Just got finished listening to Mr. Twiller. Very well done! I like the down-to-earth tone he has. I think our "light and shade" and "gestures" dialogue will come off very well. There is only one missing line, in act 1. I have a few notes on spacing for act 2, but I think Todd will be able to work with it no problem, so I'll go ahead and mark it PL ok. You might want to take a look, though, for something to keep in mind next time. :)

Act 1:

0:41 Missing line (It was hidden inside stage directions): "Hello, Teddy!"

Act 2:

0:17 Need more space for stage directions in between "Yes?" and "Excuse me, Nelly."
1:14 Need more space for stage directions between "No!" and "What are you trying to do?"
2:07 Need more space for stage directions between "damned annoying" and "even if you don't."
Here's act 1 with the missing line inserted... now 2:02 total.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/torchbearers_twiller_01_128kb.mp3

Thank you for the heads-up on line spacing. I will keep that in mind to ease the editing process as much as I can.
"After the dazzle of day is gone,
Only the dark, dark night shows to my eyes the stars;
After the clangor of organ majestic, or chorus, or perfect band,
Silent, athwart my soul, moves the symphony true."
Walt Whitman
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Question I am putting my script together to start reading and I came across this and not sure on this.

Mrs. Fell. He’s the leading man. [Hossefrosse raises his right hand toward Nelly and laughs deprecatingly.] Unfortunately, there isn’t a place in the play where he can use that perfectly gorgeous singing-voice of his. [Hossefrosse is quite overcome, and crosses, with hand extended, to Spindler.] It’s true.

Where it says: Hossefrosse raises his right hand toward Nelly and laughs deprecatingly

Even though I do not have a line there am I to laugh and then that is just inserted?

A little confusing to me
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

larryhayes7 wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 5:56 pm Where it says: Hossefrosse raises his right hand toward Nelly and laughs deprecatingly

Even though I do not have a line there am I to laugh and then that is just inserted?

A little confusing to me
You can if you like. It's not required. I consider those little moments kind of "bonus" lines. It can never hurt to record it, when something like that is specified in the stage directions, even if we don't end up using it. Sometimes there's no good place to stick it in, but there are other times when it really adds a lot of charm!
DrewStarmer

Post by DrewStarmer »

Hey Todd, so I've finally got completed my proof listen with adrianstephens. Am I ready to begin recording for Teddy?

Drew
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Okay. Thank you. Welcome. Any questions, post in here.

Todd