May I claim section 10 please?

-- Chad
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Ezekiel wrote: May 19th, 2020, 11:35 am I am unsure about Id3 tags
Help?
Ezekiel
You don't have to worry about that. As far as I understand, in the past readers were expected to add them, but now this is done automatically during cataloging. The template seems to be out of date on this point.

Kudos for the careful reading of the instructions, though! :D

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

tcjsavannah wrote: May 19th, 2020, 1:54 pm May I claim section 10 please?

-- Chad
Certainly, thanks!

Michael
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Kazbek wrote: May 19th, 2020, 3:24 pm
Ezekiel wrote: May 19th, 2020, 11:35 am I am unsure about Id3 tags
Help?
Ezekiel
You don't have to worry about that. As far as I understand, in the past readers were expected to add them, but now this is done automatically during cataloging. The template seems to be out of date on this point.

Kudos for the careful reading of the instructions, though! :D

Michael
Thank you
k3inP

Post by k3inP »

Hello!
I would like to read Chapter 16 - Proverbs, please.
I am new at librivox but I have cleared the one minute test!
Looking forward to working with you!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

k3inP wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 10:22 am Hello!
Thanks! I'm assuming you meant chapter 14. Chapter 16 is "Words which have changed their Meaning".

Please let me know under what name you'd like to be credited in the catalog. It can be your real name or a pseudonym. We can also list your blog or personal website, if you have one. In the meantime, I've penciled in your claim in the notes.

Michael
k3inP

Post by k3inP »

Kazbek wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 3:05 pm
k3inP wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 10:22 am Hello!
Thanks! I'm assuming you meant chapter 14. Chapter 16 is "Words which have changed their Meaning".

Please let me know under what name you'd like to be credited in the catalog. It can be your real name or a pseudonym. We can also list your blog or personal website, if you have one. In the meantime, I've penciled in your claim in the notes.

Michael
Hi!

I would like to be cataloged as 'Kinjal' :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_14_oneill_128kb.mp3

I went through the noise reduction page but in my recordings noise is introduced only when i speak and not when there is silence. Any idea how to resolve this?
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

k3inP wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 5:17 am Hi!

Hello Kinjal and welcome to LibriVox!
Your recording is very good and almost word-perfect ;) There's just one spot that needs to be corrected – at 06:02, the text says "used it for the first time" but I can't hear that for the first. You don't have to re-record the whole thing, just the bad part or whole sentence which contains the part, and insert it to the original recording. Then upload the recording again (and please post the duration with it).
k3inP wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 5:17 am I went through the noise reduction page but in my recordings noise is introduced only when i speak and not when there is silence. Any idea how to resolve this?
I actually had the same problem with my recordings. My technique is to find a part between words, where the noise still is but is not in the background of the speach. It's usually somewhere between words that are close to each other. Then I select the part and try to do the noise cleaning with it. Sometimes the part is too short to make a sample, so I just copy it somewhere else, several times so it's longer, and then use it as a sample for the noise cleaning filter (and then try not to forget to delete it :D).

I tried to do it with your recording and I'd say it went quite well. If you want me to, I can upload the cleaned version, so you can listen to it and decide whether it's ok for you. Or you can try to clean it yourself to get the practise ;) Just let me know, I'll keep both of the versions.

If you have any questions, just ask :)

Kudrna
Kudrna
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

k3inP wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 5:17 am Hi!

I went through the noise reduction page but in my recordings noise is introduced only when i speak and not when there is silence. Any idea how to resolve this?
Thank you! Please also tell us the length of your recording.

Regarding the noise, Kudrna's suggestion is a good one, but I would first try to figure out what's causing the automatic noise reduction during the pauses, and turn it off, if possible. I would also try to eliminate ambient noises by turning off inessential equipment that may be running in the vicinity, or by recording in a different room. If you can do that, it will make noise cleaning easier and allow you to eliminate the remaining noise using less strong noise reduction without affecting the quality of your voice recording.

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Also, you don't have to fill out ID3 tags, because they will be filled in automatically during cataloging. That part of our instructions is outdated. In fact, I just removed that part of the template.

Michael
k3inP

Post by k3inP »

Thank you so much for the great advice Kudrna and Michael! I have made the necessary changes and found the source of noise. :D

Length: 11:03 minutes

Shall I have Chapter 11 - Pictures in Words as well?
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

k3inP wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 9:52 am Thank you so much for the great advice Kudrna and Michael! I have made the necessary changes and found the source of noise. :D

Great! It's yours. :)

Michael
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

k3inP wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 9:52 am Thank you so much for the great advice Kudrna and Michael! I have made the necessary changes and found the source of noise. :D

You did a great job with the cleaning, Kinjal :thumbs: If you'll do some editing in the future, I'd recommend to apply the filter also on the new inserted part to make the recording smoother; but it's not necessary to do it this time, your recording is PL OK ;)

Kudrna
Kudrna
quasimoir

Post by quasimoir »

Hello Michael:

May I record 'XIX. The Moral of these Stories'? I checked the Magic Window and I see that it has yet to be assigned. I'd love to record this bit. :-D

Always,
Garfield
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

quasimoir wrote: May 24th, 2020, 12:40 am Hello Michael:

May I record 'XIX. The Moral of these Stories'? I checked the Magic Window and I see that it has yet to be assigned. I'd love to record this bit. :-D

Always,
Garfield
Certainly! Thanks, Garfield. :)

Michael