1 minute test en español/spanish [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
varonesa

Post by varonesa » May 22nd, 2020, 6:22 pm

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » May 23rd, 2020, 6:18 am

Welcome!

All the technical settings are OK! :thumbs:

I hear some static / white noise in the parts where you are speaking, and nothing in the parts where you are not speaking. Did you use some sort of noise reduction? Or does your microphone have a noise cancellation feature? It would be nice to adjust it so that either the noise is gone completely or it's lower but constant throughout, so that it isn't so jarring.

What program are you using? (Audacity?)

Please upload a test without noise reduction or with the noise cancellation turned off, and we'll see what we can do with it. :)
Hatfields & McCoys Sensationalist Account: An American Vendetta
Jack London short stories: The Strength of the Strong

varonesa

Post by varonesa » May 23rd, 2020, 12:12 pm

Thank you so much for your feedback!

I actually edited out the portions where I don't speak because I read somewhere (in the Spanish guide?) that all spaces between paragraphs should be the same length, and to replace them through editing. I will try noise reduction and see how it turns out.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » May 23rd, 2020, 12:17 pm

I've never heard that about the spacing. Honestly, that sounds like a LOT of work! :shock:

If you have listened to our books, you'll hear different pacing between readers. Just pace it as is natural for you; don't worry about editing them to a certain length unless when you listen it sounds really long or short. :)

varonesa

Post by varonesa » May 23rd, 2020, 12:41 pm

Thanks so much for replying so quickly! I will see if I can find that bit in the Spanish Guide and maybe leave a not ein the discussion page. It might be a really old translation.

I update the same file name with my new version using noice reduction. Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_varonesa.mp3

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » May 23rd, 2020, 12:58 pm

This is much nicer!

The volume is a LITTLE low on this one. You could either amplify by about 2 dB, or just leave it and not get any quieter. :)

I'm going to mark this off as OK. Feel free to keep commenting in it if you like, but the test is OK!