[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 7 (Part II) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KateG wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 1:50 am I'd like to edit the Pitcher! Could someone PL my part though? :mrgreen:
thank you for the help, Kate ! I just checked your part and it's PL ok :thumbs: wow she is one ungrateful woman :lol: but yes...the knight has a bit stretched his licence too.

I'll put you up as editor. Thanks !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
KateG

Post by KateG »

And here it is, The Broken Pitcher:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_083_various_128kb.mp3
Duration: 3:11

...and I think the knight himself is to blame for his demise - Zorayda already told him what happens to guys who try to snatch kisses :wink:
Reader's Page 13871

cc welcome!

"You're evil, you know that?", I said. She grinned and shook her head: "Chaotic neutral, sugar"
(Ernest Cline - Ready Player One)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KateG wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 3:23 am ...and I think the knight himself is to blame for his demise - Zorayda already told him what happens to guys who try to snatch kisses :wink:
true, even though the shepherd didn't die (or did he :shock: )

thanks, that was fast. Putting it in the MW now for Anthony (I hope he is well...)

Sonia
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Speaking of anthony, I have found a phone number or two that I am reasonably certain are his or can be traced to him, do you think I should make a kind of 'wellness check' call? Being that we are in a global pandemic, and we are concerned about him. We have had him with us for years now, and he is part of our Librivox family. Usually when he was going to be away for an extended time, he would tell us that he was moving, or hunting for the week, and this time it has just been radio silence for 2 months now.

Can you guys weigh in on thoughts?
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote: May 24th, 2020, 2:38 amSpeaking of anthony, I have found a phone number or two that I am reasonably certain are his or can be traced to him, do you think I should make a kind of 'wellness check' call?
well I don't know how you got the number (if he is in the public phone book, privacy is not as much of an issue since he made it public in the first place), and I'm not sure how people react if they get tracked down and called out of the blue :? It's a tricky decision. His total absence is worrying of course.

Sonia
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

It was all public, I looked in the white pages after using information from his profile here and what I assume to be his LinkedIn profile. He has electrical engineer and Wisconsin listed in his LV profile, and there is an Anthony Futterer that is an Electrical Engineer in Wisconsin with a public LinkedIn and company that he works for.

I used to track people like this for my job in 2018 when I worked in a collection agency; it's all public information that I used.

If there wasn't a pandemic killing people all over the world, I would just think that maybe he got bored of LV or something, but I fear that not like him, and that something more may have happened. I think we all consider him to be somewhat like a friend as we are all members of this group together.

What do you think now knowing that it is all public information that is accessible by anyone? Should I give it a try? I have been sitting on it for weeks now waiting to see if he would log in again.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote: May 24th, 2020, 5:37 amWhat do you think now knowing that it is all public information that is accessible by anyone? Should I give it a try? I have been sitting on it for weeks now waiting to see if he would log in again.
I suppose if he is public, he won't mind being found. As I said, it can be touchy, calling out of the blue, seeing that you don't know how the situation is. It's something you have to decide, I cannot tell you what to do ;)

I will try with a PM now and see if he logs in...

Sonia
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

Section 95... as one of the most sing-songy named of the merry men ;)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_095_various_allan_128kb.mp3
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

jasonb wrote: May 24th, 2020, 2:38 am Speaking of anthony, I have found a phone number or two that I am reasonably certain are his or can be traced to him, do you think I should make a kind of 'wellness check' call? Being that we are in a global pandemic, and we are concerned about him. We have had him with us for years now, and he is part of our Librivox family. Usually when he was going to be away for an extended time, he would tell us that he was moving, or hunting for the week, and this time it has just been radio silence for 2 months now.

Can you guys weigh in on thoughts?
If it's public information, checking in out of concern makes sense.
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

WiltedScribe wrote: April 24th, 2020, 7:05 pm Thanks, Adam!

Also, apologies to everyone for the delay in PLing --- Anthony has not been on for a month now, so I hope he is doing alright and he'll return soon. If not we may have to pitch in and help PL each other's sections. We shall see how it goes.
Okay keep me posted. I'd be willing to do some, but certainly not the whole thing.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AdamBielka wrote: May 26th, 2020, 12:48 am Okay keep me posted. I'd be willing to do some, but certainly not the whole thing.
no certainly not ! If we do this we share the burden, but maybe we can also advertise for another DPL if it comes to that.

Thanks for Alan-a-Dale !!! Glad to hear from you again, I was starting to be worried about you as well.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Anthony replied to my PM. They are all fine, but naturally a bit stressed and overburdened in these times. He is asking to be relieved of DPL duties for this part of the project.

So how will we proceed...advertise for a new one or PL each other ? If we all share the burden we could do it this way: each of us PLs the solo poems of one of the others (for example, randomly: I PL Adrian (ok I just saw he is all PL ok :lol: - I can do all the DRs then except those I edit myself), Adrian PLs Adam, Adam PLs Kate, Kate PLs Tomas, Tomas PLs Jason and Jason PLs me). Would that suit you ? Just tossing an idea into the group, doesn't mean we have to do it that way. Would love to hear your input. :)

Sonia
KateG

Post by KateG »

Glad to hear Anthony is ok! :clap:

Your plan sounds good, though I would prefer to advertise for a new PL and if noone comes forward, we can still PL each other?

Things are rather exciting (in a good way) on my end at the moment which means I don't get as much Librivox-stuff done as I'd like. Therefore I'd rather not take on any new assignments. On the other hand, we're not in a hurry, so taking some time to PL won't do any harm...
Reader's Page 13871

cc welcome!

"You're evil, you know that?", I said. She grinned and shook her head: "Chaotic neutral, sugar"
(Ernest Cline - Ready Player One)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KateG wrote: May 27th, 2020, 6:17 am Your plan sounds good, though I would prefer to advertise for a new PL and if noone comes forward, we can still PL each other?
yes maybe you're right and it's the easiest thing to take another DPL. Or maybe I find the time and do it myself by and by... not sure yet. well we have time, there are still many parts to come in.

Sonia
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

Glad he's okay! Totes okay to want to cut back on duties! :clap:

I guess advertising for another DPL makes sense? If we don't get one, we can figure some complicated burden-sharing responsibility later. Somehow or another this'll get done. :clap: