Hello from Lima, Peru!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
varonesa

Post by varonesa » May 22nd, 2020, 5:56 pm

Hi all!

I am Varonesa and I want to colaborate with reading out loud books in Spanish.

I have been contributing to the Gutenberg Project for a bit and I heard that there was a project for reading aloud too. I have always been interested in forming a "Reading Aloud" club so I thought it would be great to start practicing while at the same time contributing to the small library of audio books available for free. Back when I was in university I also recorded some books for a project for blind people, and back then we had to do it using a voice recorder. I never found out if those recordings were ever listened to by anyone. I'm glad the internet exists now and projects like these are possible.

Nice to meet you all!
Last edited by varonesa on May 23rd, 2020, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » May 22nd, 2020, 6:25 pm

HI there and welcome!

We love having readers where English is not their mother tongue, and as you can see from our Readers Wanted: Languages other than English forum, we have a pretty strong Spanish-speaking community. You'll fit right in, I'm sure!

I see you have already posted your test; with your background, it won't be a big deal to get it right and start recording for real.

In any case, I hope you have fun on here for a long time to come! :D
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

varonesa

Post by varonesa » May 23rd, 2020, 12:46 pm

Availle,

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm sure I will have a lot of fun here. Everybody is so nice too :lol: . Cheers!