Complete[CHRISTIAN FICTION] Born to Serve by Charles M. Sheldon-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gamka

Post by Gamka »

Hi, my name is Gabby. I would like to read chapter 3, Service is Royal.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Gamka wrote: April 27th, 2020, 2:16 pm Hi, my name is Gabby. I would like to read chapter 3, Service is Royal.
Welcome to LibriVox, Gabby! I see that this is your first post in the forum, so there are a few quick things you will need to do before beginning to record for any projects. But I will place a preliminary hold on your requested section for two weeks so it should still be waiting for you when you’re all set!

Before I can reserve your chapter, please let me know what name you would like to use for credits in the catalogue. It can (but does not have to) be the same as your forum username. If you have a website you would like linked to your catalogue name, let me know that as well.

Next, we need you to record a “1 Minute Test” for review. As LibriVox explains, “This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.”

Once that recording has been approved, you are free to come back here and start recording your section! Just ask if you have any questions.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

I finally got the recording started this afternoon! It was a pleasant surprise to see that the 29 pages only came to a total time of 36:08. I did narrate at my faster pace, but hopefully the chapters will each be under an hour when recorded since they are all (except the last) approximately 30 pages long.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/borntoserve_01_sheldon_128kb.mp3
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

HannahMary wrote: April 27th, 2020, 8:12 pm I finally got the recording started this afternoon! It was a pleasant surprise to see that the 29 pages only came to a total time of 36:08. I did narrate at my faster pace, but hopefully the chapters will each be under an hour when recorded since they are all (except the last) approximately 30 pages long.

I've got this and will PL as soon as I can.
Typically, all my slow PL projects take off at the same time. And, we've got some end-of-the-month things going on.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Gamka

Post by Gamka »

HannahMary wrote: April 27th, 2020, 8:08 pm
Gamka wrote: April 27th, 2020, 2:16 pm Hi, my name is Gabby. I would like to read chapter 3, Service is Royal.
Welcome to LibriVox, Gabby! I see that this is your first post in the forum, so there are a few quick things you will need to do before beginning to record for any projects. But I will place a preliminary hold on your requested section for two weeks so it should still be waiting for you when you’re all set!

Before I can reserve your chapter, please let me know what name you would like to use for credits in the catalogue. It can (but does not have to) be the same as your forum username. If you have a website you would like linked to your catalogue name, let me know that as well.

Next, we need you to record a “1 Minute Test” for review. As LibriVox explains, “This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.”

Once that recording has been approved, you are free to come back here and start recording your section! Just ask if you have any questions.
Okay, thank you, Hannah Mary. I would like my name for the forum to be the same as my username. I will do the one-minute test soon and hopefully, then I can get started.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

HannahMary wrote: April 27th, 2020, 8:12 pm I finally got the recording started this afternoon! It was a pleasant surprise to see that the 29 pages only came to a total time of 36:08. I did narrate at my faster pace, but hopefully the chapters will each be under an hour when recorded since they are all (except the last) approximately 30 pages long.

What a treat!
You are a lovely reader, and I almost wish you were doing this as a solo.
And, I love the story so far!
The pace is just fine and the recording totally PL OK. :clap:
~ Larry
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

silverquill wrote: May 4th, 2020, 8:08 am

What a treat!
You are a lovely reader, and I almost wish you were doing this as a solo.
And, I love the story so far!
The pace is just fine and the recording totally PL OK. :clap:
How encouraging! Thanks so much, Larry. I am still glad for any help other readers can give to my projects since chronic health issues make my recording schedule very unpredictable.
~ Hannah
RebekahS

Post by RebekahS »

I finished Chapter 2. My 26 pages came out to be 33:36.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/borntoserve_02_sheldon_128kb.mp3
Please let me know if you have any comments or tips as I am a beginner.

May I please do Chapter 4?

Thanks
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

RebekahS wrote: May 16th, 2020, 9:42 pm I finished Chapter 2. My 26 pages came out to be 33:36.

Thanks
Thank you, Rebecca! I'll let Silverquill say if he has any tips once he has proofed your file. And I have chapter 4 reserved for you.
~ Hannah
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

RebekahS wrote: May 16th, 2020, 9:42 pm I finished Chapter 2. My 26 pages came out to be 33:36.

Thanks
Well, I must say that for a beginner, you have turned in an really great recording! :clap:

Technically perfect, and nothing in the reading that needs correcting.

So, I'm looking forward to listening to your next chapter. :D
~ Larry
beck0517

Post by beck0517 »

Hi, I would like to claim chapter 6, if that's alright. Please use my forum name for the catalogue. Thank you!
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

beck0517 wrote: May 18th, 2020, 11:57 am Hi, I would like to claim chapter 6, if that's alright. Please use my forum name for the catalogue. Thank you!
Welcome! I have chapter 6 reserved for you. Just ask if you have any questions!
~ Hannah
Cloudancer

Post by Cloudancer »

Hi there,
I'd love to read chapter 5, if I may :)
This is my first project here and I've just posted my 1-Minute Test. As soon as I' get my feedback, I'll be ready to go.
Please use my username, thanks!
Cloudancer
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Cloudancer wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 3:06 pm Hi there,
This is my first project here and I've just posted my 1-Minute Test. As soon as I' get my feedback, I'll be ready to go.
Cloudancer
Welcome to LibriVox, Cloudancer! It sounds like you've done your research and know how to get started on here, which is great! I have reserved your chapter, so when you've been cleared over at the 1-Minute-Test, just follow the book-specific, step-by-step directions in the first post of this thread. Enjoy, and just ask if you have any questions! There are many helpful volunteers in this community.
~ Hannah
Cloudancer

Post by Cloudancer »

HannahMary wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 3:54 pm
Cloudancer wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 3:06 pm Hi there,
Cloudancer
Welcome to LibriVox, Cloudancer! It sounds like you've done your research and know how to get started on here, which is great! I have reserved your chapter, so when you've been cleared over at the 1-Minute-Test, just follow the book-specific, step-by-step directions in the first post of this thread. Enjoy, and just ask if you have any questions! There are many helpful volunteers in this community.
Thank you so much for your welcome! I can't wait to get started!