Greetings from someone wishing to read.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
felixthecat

Post by felixthecat »

Greetings!

I joined with intent of contributing to this project, which I find most amusing.

If you have a short work in English, German, or Italian, for which you need a reader, do feel free to let me know. I'd like to try out a few short pieces at first to make sure my voice and accent are to the general liking of the public.

Thanks,
Felix
marlodianne

Post by marlodianne »

Welcome Felix!

If you want to dip a toe, er, vocal chord in with something short, you can try, one of Aesop's Fables, here: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1505

Or, if poetry is more your thing, there is always our current weekly poetry project, here: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1435

You don't have to woorry about your voice or your accent. Working out the kinks in your setup though, that's pretty much a continual process :)

Don't be quiet if you have any questions; we're all pretty vocal around here!
Marlo Dianne
Writer, Artist, Wondergeek
forbiddendragon.blogspot.com

"We live as though the world was as it should be, to show it what it can be." --Angel
Cori

Post by Cori »

Hello Felix - good to have you here!

Jump in wherever you fancy ... the weekly poem is where I started, to get the hang of recording and editing and sending files and all that fun stuff. But whatever you do, enjoy!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hi Felix! We'd love to have you in our German and Italian projects (as well as our English ones, but it's harder to find readers for the non-English ones, as you can imagine)! For German projects, we have:

Deutsche Lyriksammlung (any German poem in the public domain)
Winnetou I
Heines Buch der Lieder
Grimms Maerchen

In Italian, Dante's Divina Commedia.

Other than Winnetou, all contain short passages, ideal for starting out with LibriVox. Just look for them in the Readers Wanted fora. - If you have any questions, please just ask!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello Felix,

welcome to LibriVox. Gesine already mentioned some projects in which you are most welcome to contribute. Don't think too much about accent. It just spices the recording, and makes it more personal. And you will notice that you probably are your own greatest critic. Everyone thinks his own voice is bad and every other voice sounds great. Just take a look at this page of our wiki:
http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/HelpWhatIfISuck

Just jump right into recording and you will see that you will enjoy contributing to LibriVox.

Rainer
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)