COMPLETE Alice Dugdale by Anthony Trollope - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Section 4 PL notes:
05:07 Stumble ("only nine months having elapsed" - having is rather difficult to understand)

Yes, we are in quarantine. I've been able to do a lot of reading and proof-listening. What about you?
ogus

Post by ogus »

Thanks for spotting the flaw. I'll get it sorted within the next few days. Meanwhile Chapter 5 posted.

We are not in isolation; rather what we can do is limited. Plenty of things to do at home but I do a faire amount of walking around the city where we live (York) and also get out on my bike.

Best wishes

Anthony
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

That sounds nice. We live in the middle of nowhere on a farm, so it does not feel much different from normal. Except that we have to disinfect any groceries that come into the house.

Section 5 PL notes:
06:57 Misreading that affects meaning of sentence ("the girls one and all declared" read as "the girls once and all declared")
ogus

Post by ogus »

Again, I'm so grateful that you picked up the mistake. Both chapters now corrected.

May I ask in which state you are based?

A
ogus

Post by ogus »

And chapter 6 posted.

A
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Anthony,
Wonderful reading! I am really enjoying the book. I am based in upstate New York.

Sections 4 and 5 are PL OK.

Section 6 PL notes:
10:52-10:54 Long-ish pause
ogus

Post by ogus »

Am so pleased that you are enjoying it. Upstate New York is most attractive; I've been there a couple of times.

I'll reduce the pause in chap 6; meanwhile chap 7 posted.

A
ogus

Post by ogus »

Pause in chap 6 deleted. Thanks for spotting this.

A
ogus

Post by ogus »

And now Chapter 8. Only two more to go!

A
ogus

Post by ogus »

Chapter 9 posted. Not sure that I managed a good enough characterisation of the different voices in this chapter. Let me know if you think I should have another go at it.

A
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Yes, upstate New York is absolutely beautiful, especially in the fall. The only downside is the snow and ice storms, as well as the frigid temperatures, that we sometimes experience during the winter. Yet it is hard to imagine such cold weather at the moment, as the temperature has been in the 90s the past few days! (32+ degrees Celsius, I think.)

Sections 7 and 9 are PL OK. I loved your characterization of the voices; in fact, I've loved your interpretation of all the characters throughout this story! Section 8 has a small background noise at 04:28 ("to be persistent").

Be well~
ogus

Post by ogus »

Thanks. I'll deal with the chapter 8 flaw in the next few days. Meanwhile the last chapter has been posted.

A
ogus

Post by ogus »

Problem in Chapter 8 sorted (I hope).

Subject to you finding flaws in Chapter 10, this concludes the recording.

The novella is relatively lightweight, by Trollope standards, but I am pleased that you enjoyed it. It provides, at the least, a taster for his famous books.

Let me again thank oy for your considerable help.

Anthony
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

I did enjoy the book very much, I am left wanting to read more of Trollope's work (although perhaps that will have to wait until some of my PL projects finish up).

Sections 8 and 10 are PL OK, and we are ready for cataloging. Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of the project!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Working on it :thumbs: