[COMPLETE] 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' by Lewis Carroll - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (1832 - 1898).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/alices-adventures-in-wonderland-version-7-by-lewis-carroll/
Alice’s adventures in Wonderland is probably one of the most well known and popular children's novels in the English language. Written in 1865 by Charles Lutwidge Dodgeson, better known by his pen name ‘Lewis Carrol’. Lewis, a mathematician, poet, photographer and inventor, tells a surreal fantasy tale, of Alice, who visits a world of unnatural logic after following a very smart White Rabbit, down a rabbit hole. The world she discovers is inhabited by the strangest and most endearing characters; The ‘Mad Hatter’, the sleepy ‘Dormouse’, the ‘Queen of Hearts’ and many more.

Every child should insist that this story is read to them! And they will remember it for ever, just like Alice.

This book was originally illustrated by Sir John Tenniel. His images are iconic and help to seed the imagination of any little person, no matter how big they are! Download them here. http://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/resources/pictures/alices-adventures-in-wonderland/

(Summary by Craig Franklin)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/11
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename alicesadventuresinwonderland_##_carroll_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. alicesadventuresinwonderland_01_carroll_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This will be the Lucky Number 7th version of this book. I assume you're OK with that. ;) Be back in a bit with your MW.

EDIT: All set! We'll see if we can snag a DPL.

By the way - you're never the translator. I've taken your name out of the intros where it said "Translated by...". When filling in the project template generator, your name doesn't go in at all once you've already recorded for us. ;)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

I would love to DPL this if you don't already have someone :D
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

TriciaG wrote: May 19th, 2020, 11:50 am This will be the Lucky Number 7th version of this book. I assume you're OK with that. ;) Be back in a bit with your MW.

EDIT: All set! We'll see if we can snag a DPL.

By the way - you're never the translator. I've taken your name out of the intros where it said "Translated by...". When filling in the project template generator, your name doesn't go in at all once you've already recorded for us. ;)
I'm not sure you could do this one too many times. I was actually quite surprised it had only been done 6 times.

I've been recording for stories for a primary school (5-6 year olds) during lock-down in the UK. I want to release a chapter a week to them to them, but really wanted to do it properly through Librivox.

Not sure what happened with the translator thing. I did notice it, but thought it had been auto filled by the system.

Thank you for taking it on. :thumbs:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I assume you're OK with Jenn as DPL. :)

Moving to Going Solo!
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

TriciaG wrote: May 20th, 2020, 8:11 am I assume you're OK with Jenn as DPL. :)

Moving to Going Solo!

Absolutely!!

Thanks to you both.

Cheers
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/alicesadventuresinwonderland_01_carroll_128kb.mp3 14:25

OK. First chapter. Alice chases the pesky rabbit!

I'm not sure if I am supposed to update the magic window. It was the way I was asked to do it on my last Solo. Please just let me know if I you don't want me to do this.

Cheers
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Very nicely read, Craig! I love this book :9:

Section 1 Note:

14:20- you say "This recording" but nothing after. I'm not sure if you meant to add something after that or it was to be edited out.

Other than that, Section 1 is perfect :clap:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'm not sure if I am supposed to update the magic window. It was the way I was asked to do it on my last Solo. Please just let me know if I you don't want me to do this.
The soloist as a rule updates the Magic Window. It would be the exception to have someone else update it. ;)
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Section 1 is now PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

jennlea wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 7:49 am Section 1 is now PL-OK!
Thank you.
Just put up chapter 3. Trying to get ahead a little.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/alicesadventuresinwonderland_03_carroll_128kb.mp3
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Section 2 is PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Section 3 Note:

About 0:08- missing intro disclaimer "This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."

This file is just a smidge quieter than the others. It is still within the acceptable range so it's up to you if you'd like to amplify it a little or not :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Hi

Section 3 reloaded. Line added and I've brought the level up to the same as the previous chapter.

Hope to get the next one up later today.

Cheers