COMPLETE Master Zacharius by Jules Verne - mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Cataloging is the job of the meta-coordinator, who is, in this case, the wonderful Devorah. She will send the files to the LibriVox section of Internet Archive when she gets a chance (Internet Archive hosts LibriVox’s files). After that, she will post a link to the finished book on the LibriVox website right here in this thread for you to share with your family! The amount of time required to catalog a book depends on the MC’s workload and the length of the book.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

As far as the book description goes, it's best to use either someone in your own words or a pithy selection from the book itself. Forewords and introductions, if the book has one, are usually good for this. We no longer use descriptions from Wikipedia. This is because we release the book description, as well as the recordings, into the public domain, and as I understand it, Wikipedia isn't quite public domain, so we could be challenged on it if we use their wording.

Those keywords sound great. What about a genre? You can choose up to two genres, in fact.

As soon as you get back to me with a description in your own words (or a PD selection) and the genre(s) you want, I'll get started cataloguing!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

To see what your options for genre are, you can go here and click on advanced search. Then check the drop down menu for genre. They're all listed.
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Thanks, Devorah! I thought seen that LibriVox no longer uses selections from Wikipedia for book summaries somewhere, but was unable to remember where and couldn't find it when I searched the forums. It's good to know that I'm not imagining things!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

You know, I'm not sure if it's really stated anywhere "official." :hmm: But you remembered right! The only other thing we ask (which I think I forgot to say in my last post) is no spoilers!
Katzsteinz

Post by Katzsteinz »

Hi Team,

Sorry, I didn't see that there was a second page in this forum! So, I was refreshing the first page to see if someone had replied yet and I thought no one had (whoops). Unfortunately, there is no forward.

Genre: Fantastic Fiction, Fantastic Fiction: Gothic Fiction (?)

Description: Master Zacharius is a man of science, skill, and overpowering pride. He is the first to successfully, and accurately, regulate time. Does this not make him God-like? What then, should such a man do when his time is running out and his legacy is in danger?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Fabulous! I'll get started cataloguing. What a great description! Way better than the Wiki one, in my opinion.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/master-zacharius-by-jules-verne/
Katzsteinz

Post by Katzsteinz »

Yay!

Thank you very much!