Introduction- Vivian Lyu

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Vivianlyu

Post by Vivianlyu » May 21st, 2020, 1:51 pm

Hello, everyone
I’m Linwei Lyu, go by Vivian. I’m a student from Berkeley, CA. My language is English and Mandarin. And I want to be a part of this community because I want to offer some help during quarantine time. During quarantine, I have a lot of free time, so I can devote it into reading books for people needed.

Xctops

Post by Xctops » May 21st, 2020, 2:31 pm

That's really great Vivian! Everyone here at Librivox is glad to hear that you are interested in volunteering as a reader. Don't forget about all of the great opportunities that are around. Books are just part of what we do here. Consider looking into reading some poetry, or a short work to start if you haven't had the chance. These are both great opportunities for starting out. If you fancy yourself a bit of an actor, then you can look at dramatic works as well.

Any and all help is appreciated, small or large. Don't feel pressured to take on the world, especially right now, we have free time, but times are certainly stressful. Make sure to get your first recording done (info on this can be found on just about every sub), and reach out to your community along with the librivox wiki, which is quite helpful.

Once again, glad to have you on board!

Emerson