Greetings

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Lozzadesu

Post by Lozzadesu »

Hi everyone,

Call me Loz. I've been lurking around this website for years, I've always been interested in recording audio books, and I've finally decided to take the plunge. I got my account activated a while ago, but life got in the way and now I am ready to start and my microphone came in the mail today. I am currently trying to figure out how to use audacity and maybe do some minor things before I jump in also get a feel for recording on this microphone. I'm hoping to upload a test and get feedback really soon and then to start volunteering for projects. I am bilingual and a native speaker in both English and German so I'm hoping to maybe do projects in those two languages.

A little bit about me:
I'm in my 30s, a non-traditional college student (Global Studies and Anthropology), and a mom. I'm hoping to use this as my outlet in my free time as I don't really have any hobbies. This pandemic is also not giving me many excuses to not do this. I have a few personal reasons for doing this. I'm hoping to broaden my general knowledge and volunteering for books I may not have read otherwise and possibly learning new things that way. I look forward to getting involved in this community and working on projects with others.

Regards,

Loz
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

Hi Loz, and welcome.

Those sound like excellent reasons for contributing to the Librivox project.

You will find some helpful tutorial videos about Audacity and recording in the Help forum.

Best,

Barbara
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome Loz. Your bilingual abilities will definitely help here. This is a video on basic Audacity editing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NuSuWYaWg&feature=youtu.be Ask lots of questions!! :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Lozzadesu

Post by Lozzadesu »

Thank you for the warm welcome and the resources!!! :D