COMPLETE[PLAY]Justice by John Galsworthy - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

alanmapstone wrote: May 15th, 2020, 4:16 am
wib66 wrote: May 15th, 2020, 3:32 am
Hi Alan that is great and PL OK however just wanted to know what your thoughts were I know he says Blister in the script do you think this is a typo or he is meant to say that.
Hi Michele. I did wonder about that, it does seem more likely a typo than deliberate. I think it is for you as editor to decide. If you want me to redo it I will as it will only take a minute 😸 Odd thing is the same typo occurs in act 4 where Sweedle refers to him as "blister".
If you don't mind doing it again and changing it to Wister that would be great I will also tell the person who plays sweedle to change it thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
wib66

Post by wib66 »

alanmapstone wrote: May 15th, 2020, 8:23 am Wister act 1 (without blisters)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/justice_wister_1_128kb.mp3
Thats great thanks and PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Michele -

In the exchange betwen Cleaver and Cokeson in Act II, I believe a line label for Cokeson should actually be Cleaver's. The line in question is, "COKESON. [Sharply] Yes, sir, but what may be funny to you may not be funny to me, or to the jury. Did they look frightened, or shy, or fierce, or what?"

Following that is the line, "CLEAVER. Not mad, fun——", which I believe should actually be Cokeson's.

I'll include the first in the lines I do for Cleaver and you can decide whether it shold be Cleaver or Cokeson. The second will need to be read by whoever does Cokeson.

In that same spot a stage diection says Cleaver raps his desk. Would you like me to include that in the recording?
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope
wib66

Post by wib66 »

pschempf wrote: May 15th, 2020, 11:40 am Michele -

In the exchange betwen Cleaver and Cokeson in Act II, I believe a line label for Cokeson should actually be Cleaver's. The line in question is, "COKESON. [Sharply] Yes, sir, but what may be funny to you may not be funny to me, or to the jury. Did they look frightened, or shy, or fierce, or what?"

Following that is the line, "CLEAVER. Not mad, fun——", which I believe should actually be Cokeson's.

I'll include the first in the lines I do for Cleaver and you can decide whether it shold be Cleaver or Cokeson. The second will need to be read by whoever does Cokeson.

In that same spot a stage diection says Cleaver raps his desk. Would you like me to include that in the recording?
Thank you for spotting that yes you are quite right I will make sure that whoever takes on Cokeson is aware of the error. Yes you can include the rap in the recording thank you
Michele
RHelfmann

Post by RHelfmann »

I'd love to claim the part of the young William Falder if that's alright :)
Cheers,
R
wib66

Post by wib66 »

RHelfmann wrote: May 16th, 2020, 6:23 pm I'd love to claim the part of the young William Falder if that's alright :)
Hi Thanks for claiming that part I will sign you up to it.
Michele
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi Alan thank you this is now PL OK
Michele
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

After hearing this Chief Warder's voice, you might be wondering who it is who actually belongs behind bars. :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/justice_wooder_3_128kb.mp3

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
wib66

Post by wib66 »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: May 17th, 2020, 6:22 pm After hearing this Chief Warder's voice, you might be wondering who it is who actually belongs behind bars. :wink:

Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris thanks for that yes I think he definitely belongs behind the bars ha ha :D
This is PL OK thanks
Michele
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: May 17th, 2020, 6:22 pm After hearing this Chief Warder's voice, you might be wondering who it is who actually belongs behind bars. :wink:

Cheers,
Chris
Or who has spent too long in the bar with the keys to the supply cabinet?

Thanks, Todd
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Can I claim Ruth Honeywill? :D
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Ambsweet13 wrote: May 20th, 2020, 10:11 pm Can I claim Ruth Honeywill? :D
Thank you for claiming I will sign you up to those sections
Michele
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

May I take the role of Cokeson?

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page