Covermakers Chat Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
schrm

Post by schrm »

TriciaG wrote: May 12th, 2020, 10:00 am So I tried to make a nice cover for my solo, but it just wasn't happening. Would someone else please do it?
https://librivox.org/grandpas-darlings-by-pansy/

I'd like to use this picture, if possible: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/grandpasdarlings.zip
taken from here: https://archive.org/details/littleminnieothe00pans/page/284/mode/2up

Or I suppose any nice picture of one or two little girls of age 6 or younger.
i claimed it - and i will try to use it.

but i was wondering: the picture on the first page is very nice, also!
https://archive.org/details/littleminnieothe00pans/page/n9/mode/2up
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, it is - it doesn't fit any of the scenes in THIS book, though, which is why I like the other better.

If you can't get my favorite picture to work, feel free to use the other one. ;) Thanks!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
schrm

Post by schrm »

TriciaG wrote: May 12th, 2020, 1:36 pm Yes, it is - it doesn't fit any of the scenes in THIS book, though, which is why I like the other better.

If you can't get my favorite picture to work, feel free to use the other one. ;) Thanks!
aah good to know!
thx tricia!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

@anne
since my real name is typically german and rather difficult to pronounce - and pronounced differently in different languages - i always thought it to be funny, to call me in another typically mispronounced nickname.
but as i read your comment, i was feeling bad: like having met long ago, but i never introduced myself :oops:
i'm sorry for this!
cheers,
a cats purr
:D

@everyone:
absolutely stunning covers, the last days and weeks!
some graphically interesting, many with really hours of work (or so i feel), some just really good looking and pleasing covers!
i looked up most of them (or every single one) and i have to say: i could never guess, who the covermaker is.
it's just cool!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Doesn't really matter about the name - I just find it easier to type words I can say and my name is spelled wrongly too. I needed one for another site and my grown-up children decided to find one for me and after much hilarity started deciding spice girl would be nice and after much hilarity about nut meg etc from them I suggested "star anise" which turned into anise but after years of writing my name ann... writing ani..was too hard so it turned into annise :D . So I'm not a spice, just an anagram of "is anne"

They have been a great collection of covers recently I feel - a good variety of design and colour and yet relevant :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anne
schrm

Post by schrm »

annise wrote: May 17th, 2020, 3:45 am Doesn't really matter about the name - I just find it easier to type words I can say and my name is spelled wrongly too. I needed one for another site and my grown-up children decided to find one for me and after much hilarity started deciding spice girl would be nice and after much hilarity about nut meg etc from them I suggested "star anise" which turned into anise but after years of writing my name ann... writing ani..was too hard so it turned into annise :D . So I'm not a spice, just an anagram of "is anne"

They have been a great collection of covers recently I feel - a good variety of design and colour and yet relevant :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anne
hilarious, i think i will never forget that your nickname is "is anne"

:lol:
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Availle - I wanted to tell you the cover for Heroines of Service is pretty cool!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you! I was lucky to find pictures of all of the ladies.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
schrm

Post by schrm »

heyho everyone,

at the moment the multilingual short works collection is free to claim.
i thought: most collections do have a covermaker, isn't it the case?
on the other hand, i did a cover for the shakespears, for the horror...

is there some sort of rule or explanation, why some collections have a covermaker, some not?

thx
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Annise did the last one, but I'm not sure if she did all the previous ones or just the last 3 or 4. (I download the PDF to see whose name is on it.) :) Either she missed preclaiming it, or she has given up the series. You could PM her...
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Well no - I've done the last few but for some reason I am unable claim this one so I'm uploading it - but I'm willing to hand over the next one - I decided it would be fun to have images of the tower of Babel for a bit (multinlingual - many tongues - God destroyed the tower and scattered the tribes) but that was just my idea for a bit of a change
I'm uploading the current one as I speak

Anne

And there are no rules about series covers - I think some projects look good done that way - especially part 1 and part 2 of a book and it often a quicker way to get things done but others may think it's silly :D .
schrm

Post by schrm »

annise wrote: June 1st, 2020, 6:03 am Well no - I've done the last few but for some reason I can't claim this one so I'm uploading it - but I'm willing to hand over the next one - I decided it would be fun to have images of the tower of Babel for a bit (multinlingual - many tongues - God destroyed the tower and scattered the tribes) but that was just my idea for a bit of a change
I'm uploading the current one as I speak

Anne
yes, i remember vaguely the tower of babel being a metaphor for the collection!

thx for explaining it!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'm planning a plain-ish cover for History of Philosophy (the cover off the original text scan - a fabric textured cover). But I don't want to be a cover hog, so I'm not claiming it yet. If someone else has a brilliant idea for it, go ahead and claim it; otherwise, don't claim it just because you think no one else will. :) If no one claims it by tomorrow around this time, I'll do it.
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

TriciaG wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 5:08 pm I'm planning a plain-ish cover for History of Philosophy (the cover off the original text scan - a fabric textured cover). But I don't want to be a cover hog, so I'm not claiming it yet. If someone else has a brilliant idea for it, go ahead and claim it; otherwise, don't claim it just because you think no one else will. :) If no one claims it by tomorrow around this time, I'll do it.
I see you did it now. :thumbs: Yesterday forenoon I had looked at the cover of the book and wondered if it would do, but realized I wouldn't have time for putting it together. So I thought, "I hope Tricia takes this." But when I read your post, I didn't dare add my ten cents in case it sounds like I think you're the only one who should do it. :wink: Looks good to me!
~Rosebud
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yeah, I did it a little early. :lol: Hey, if you and I had the same idea, then we're all good! :thumbs: