[Complete] Call Mr. Fortune by H.C. Bailey - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
dlantz

Post by dlantz »

I'm very sorry that I wasn't able to finish my assigned part, "The Business Minister, Parts I and II", in time. Two extra sections of my course were dropped into my lap just as all instruction when online, so I fell behind. I'm glad someone was able to take up the slack. I'll try to find something else to do. Again, my apologies.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

dlantz wrote: May 12th, 2020, 5:51 pm I'm very sorry that I wasn't able to finish my assigned part, "The Business Minister, Parts I and II", in time. Two extra sections of my course were dropped into my lap just as all instruction when online, so I fell behind. I'm glad someone was able to take up the slack. I'll try to find something else to do. Again, my apologies.
Life happens, but it does help if you can give us a heads up.
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

Greetings from the
house
home front. Here is Chapter 06, all 35m12s worth: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/callmrfortune_06_bailey_128kb.mp3 Tommy
Blackboards are truly remarkable!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

TomHersant wrote: May 17th, 2020, 10:02 pm Greetings from the
house
home front. Here is Chapter 06, all 35m12s worth: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/callmrfortune_06_bailey_128kb.mp3 Tommy
Thank you
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Lynne, would you mind checking into the intro discrepancies especially of section 7, or clarify what you were expecting for the last two sections? I decided to check again what was wrong with 7, and think there may have been some confusion as to chapter number. Section 8 has “Chapter 8” for the intro, which doesn’t seem quite right to me now that I’m comparing, but I had given a PL OK back when. Anyways, I'll let you make the call on that, and I'll try to get 6 PLed soon as well.

Thanks!
~Rosebud
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

RSlabaugh wrote: May 19th, 2020, 5:34 pm Lynne, would you mind checking into the intro discrepancies especially of section 7, or clarify what you were expecting for the last two sections? I decided to check again what was wrong with 7, and think there may have been some confusion as to chapter number. Section 8 has “Chapter 8” for the intro, which doesn’t seem quite right to me now that I’m comparing, but I had given a PL OK back when. Anyways, I'll let you make the call on that, and I'll try to get 6 PLed soon as well.

Thanks!
I would say the intro to section 7 is fine.
For section 8, it is incorrect... it is section 8, not chapter 8 (it is chapter 6 part 3). It seems the reader only says it at the beginning, so if necessary, it can just be cut out. I notice at the end the reader does not say 'end of section 8' but just the end of the book... not a huge deal, but it would be better with it added.
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

OK thanks! So mark 7 PL OK and see about getting the other fixed up? It appears that Micfairy252 hasn't been online the last while, but that could simply indicate being busier again. I can let her know, and we can go from there, unless you propose something different.
~Rosebud
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

RSlabaugh wrote: May 20th, 2020, 7:39 am OK thanks! So mark 7 PL OK and see about getting the other fixed up? It appears that Micfairy252 hasn't been online the last while, but that could simply indicate being busier again. I can let her know, and we can go from there, unless you propose something different.
Sounds good.
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

TomHersant wrote: May 17th, 2020, 10:02 pm Greetings from the
house
PL OK :)

You made me feel as if I sat among them and could watch each speaker. :thumbs:
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Micfairy252 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 2:21 pm
Hello, hope you're doing well!

I'm very sorry to not have caught this sooner, but both the intro and outro to Section 8 are incorrect.
*In the intro, you have "Chapter 8", while it should be 'chapter 6, part 3'.
*The second occurrence in the intro should say 'chapter 6, phase 5'.
*In the outro you have "end of chapter 8", which should be changed to 'end of chapter 6'.

Please let me know when you get this message, and if you feel able to make the corrections. And if you have questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks,
~Rosebud
Micfairy252

Post by Micfairy252 »

Hello RSlbaugh,

I did make corrections to it and have finished uploading it. The length of the recording clocks in at 27 minutes and 46 seconds.

Here is the link to it:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/callmrfortune_06_bailey_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if there is anything I need to correct!

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Micfairy252
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Micfairy252 wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 1:01 pm Hello RSlbaugh,

I did make corrections to it and have finished uploading it. The length of the recording clocks in at 27 minutes and 46 seconds.

Here is the link to it:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/callmrfortune_06_bailey_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if there is anything I need to correct!

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Micfairy252
Thank you but I think it was section 8 that needed correcting.
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Lynnet wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 2:57 pm
Thank you but I think it was section 8 that needed correcting.
I was looking at this, and I believe we just need the file renamed to 8. (I also need to spot PL it yet.) I'm sure the confusion came from changing the intro to 'Chapter 6 part 3' from the 'Chapter 8' that she'd had. Section 6 has been overwritten though, so we'll need your help in restoring that!
~Rosebud
Micfairy252

Post by Micfairy252 »

Hi Rslbaugh,

I think I got confused when you said its chapter 6 part 3 and chapter 6 part 5 in the last message you sent to me.

What I can do is re-record the intro and outro again as section 8 since that's what is listed in the magic window.

I will try to fix it tonight and have it uploaded tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Micfairy252
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Micfairy252 wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 6:32 pm Hi Rslbaugh,

I think I got confused when you said its chapter 6 part 3 and chapter 6 part 5 in the last message you sent to me.

What I can do is re-record the intro and outro again as section 8 since that's what is listed in the magic window.

I will try to fix it tonight and have it uploaded tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Micfairy252
So sorry for the confusion! Please don’t re-record, because the intro and the entire recording are perfect just the way you have it! It’s just that the file needs to be named according to section # rather than chapter #. (callmrfortune_08_bailey_128kb.mp3 rather than: callmrfortune_06_bailey_128kb.mp3)

In other words, the intro for this project is according to chapters in the book, and the filename (as always) is according to section in the MW. (I hope this makes sense!

Anyways, great job on the corrections! For now just wait to do anything with this until we hear from Lynne on whether or not you need to upload again with a different filename.

Thank you!
~Rosebud