[COMPLETE] SOLO Think well on't by Richard Challoner - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ancientchristian

Post by ancientchristian »

Think well on't, or, Reflections on the great truths of the Christian religion for every day of the month by Richard Challoner (1691 - 1781).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/think-well-ont-by-richard-challoner

Richard Challoner (1691–1781) was an English Roman Catholic bishop. He is perhaps most famous for his revision of the Douay–Rheims translation of the Bible. In this work he gives reflections on the general truths about the Christian religion for each day of the month. He also provides an introduction about how to meditate on them throughout the day. ( Myself)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/cihm_91756/page/n11/mode/2up
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    • Project Code: 2ptKfCqo
      ============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Other

Keywords that describe the book: English, thoughts, meditations, prayers, roman catholic

============================================
    • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      START of recording (Intro):
      • "Days [number] of Think well on't, or, Reflections on the great truths of the Christian religion for every day of the month. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Think well on't, or, Reflections on the great truths of the Christian religion for every day of the month, by Richard Challoner. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
      • "Days [number] of Think well on't by Richard Challoner. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
      • If you wish, say:
      • Only if applicable, say:
        "[Chapter title]"
      END of recording:
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Days]"
      • If you wish, say:
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Think well on't, or, Reflections on the great truths of the Christian religion for every day of the month, by Richard Challoner. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
    • Example filename thinkwell_##_challoner_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. thinkwell_01_challoner_128kb.mp3)
    • Example ID3 V2 tags - ignore tags. They will be automatically entered during cataloging.
      Artist: Richard Challoner
      Title: ## - [Section title]
      Album: Think well on't, or, Reflections on the great truths of the Christian religion for every day of the month

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
      Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: linny - linny
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
linny

Post by linny »

I can MC this for you. Am I understanding correctly that you will not be including the introduction? Also, are you combining days?
ancientchristian

Yes exactly, I'll be grouping days into 3s, with the introduction tacked on to the first track.
linny

Post by linny »

We moved to "going solo". Since you are almost finished here you should try placing an ad in the listeners wanted forum.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, sorry -- had a PM with Steve, and you can put me in for DPL on this one. It will take me a while, but I will PL all of the sections.

Thanks, Linny.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
linny

Post by linny »

Larry is added as DPL. :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Sections 1 and 2 are PL OK
~ Larry
linny

Post by linny »

Larry,
In case you were not aware, all sections have been uploaded.
linny

Post by linny »

ancientchristian wrote: May 10th, 2020, 1:26 pm Yes exactly, I'll be grouping days into 3s, with the introduction tacked on to the first track.
It is always a good idea to post something in the thread when you upload more files. It's a great prompt for the DPL.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I'm marking Section 3 PL OK, but you might not that there is a noticeable volume shift at about 11:10. Up to you if you want to make any adjustments.
~ Larry
ancientchristian

linny wrote: May 17th, 2020, 9:01 am
ancientchristian wrote: May 10th, 2020, 1:26 pm Yes exactly, I'll be grouping days into 3s, with the introduction tacked on to the first track.
It is always a good idea to post something in the thread when you upload more files. It's a great prompt for the DPL.
No problem. Will do.
ancientchristian

silverquill wrote: May 18th, 2020, 11:16 am I'm marking Section 3 PL OK, but you might not that there is a noticeable volume shift at about 11:10. Up to you if you want to make any adjustments.
I see what you mean. I must have moved closer to the microphone then. I adjusted the levels to make them more equal.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Section 4 is PL OK.

Just one note for Section 5 that jumped out at me:

13:42-44 Text: “affords no light to the wretches it torments”
I hear, ““affords no light to the wrenches it torments”

(Fourteenth Day p. 75)

Section 6 PL OK
~ Larry
ancientchristian

wrenches :) That's too funny. Yes I hear the same thing. Easy enough to cut out.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here are my notes for the remaining sections:

Section 5
Now PL OK

Section 7
PL OK

Section 8
12:35 Repeat: “to attain . . . to attain”

Section 9
Amplification needed – only 81.8 dB

Section 10