'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for WauloK (Jason Oakley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for your contributions to The Clue Of The Twisted Candle by Edgar Wallace. Most clear. Most articulate.

Kind regards,
Marina
The Netherlands

All of Jason's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TriciaG (TriciaG) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi TriciaG

I have just finished listening to My Discovery of England and wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your reading of it. I don't usually listen to humour, or read it, most of it goes over my head. But your reading was so good, you got the timing just right, which is so important with humour. Well done and thank you.

Alison

All of TriciaG's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Moby Dick was my late father's favorite book. He used to read it to me when I was a kind and since he passed away this year and I promised myself that I would listen to it again. I came across the LibriVox recording and downloaded it to my iPod to listen to it during the quarintine. Stewart's reading is fantastic and it's not a small feat given the length and complexity of Moby Dick. He even finds the time to give different voices to the characters and modulate his voice according to Melville's writing style.

Here's a huge shoutout and a great thank you to Stewart Wills.

https://librivox.org/moby-dick-by-herman-melville/

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mb (mb) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello, I'd like to thank mb

Hi mb,

Thank you so much for taking the time to record so many quality audiobooks. I noticed that you've read a lot of books I like, so I scoured your page for recommendations! I know I can trust your account for for both quality reading and interesting content.

keep on doing what you're doing!

best,

Kassandra

All of mb's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ahab

Post by ahab »

Thank you so much for these kind words. I'm very happy that you found the recording a good experience, though I'll bet your father's reading was by far the better of the two ... Thanks for reaching out, good luck and stay well in this difficult time.

Best wishes,
Stewart
icequeen wrote: May 5th, 2020, 9:10 pm Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Moby Dick was my late father's favorite book. He used to read it to me when I was a kind and since he passed away this year and I promised myself that I would listen to it again. I came across the LibriVox recording and downloaded it to my iPod to listen to it during the quarintine. Stewart's reading is fantastic and it's not a small feat given the length and complexity of Moby Dick. He even finds the time to give different voices to the characters and modulate his voice according to Melville's writing style.

Here's a huge shoutout and a great thank you to Stewart Wills.

https://librivox.org/moby-dick-by-herman-melville/

All of Stewart's recordings!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ogus (Anthony Ogus) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of Riceyman Steps:
Just enjoyed the reading of this book. Please thank Anthony Ogus.

All of Anthony's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for fbtoast (Nicole Lee) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Nicole
Your reading of Clarissa was superb. No over-the-top acting, a wonderful delivery, you really helped me to get into this book! I do wish you had recorded it all , from the volume 1 !
Thank you

Best regards
Alex

All of Nicole's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rachelellen (rachelellen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I really appreciate your reading of Anne of Green Gables. It is my favorite reading of it. You read better than the professionals! Thank you!

All of rachelellen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for knotyouraveragejo (J.M. Smallheer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just finished listening to the Fortieth Door and want to compliment you on your reading. Your enunciation is so clear and this is coming from someone with a profound hearing loss. I also think you do an excellent job with accents.

Thank you for volunteering to be reader.

All of J.M.'s recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Great fan of your reading. I have now heard your recording of Jude the Obscure, Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, and currently, Far From the Madding Crowd. It is a pleasure to listen to you – and to discover depths in the various characters through your intonations. Great work!

Ed, Connecticut, USA
and...
Hello Mr. Hynes,

I am admittedly somewhat of LibriVox obsessive, reading it when cooking, commuting and exercising. I’ve listened to maybe more than 100 works on LibriVox, but of all voices I listened, none stood out quite so clear and effectively as yours did - though I confess my bias in being an Irishman myself, though the Ulster accents of Belfast are not quite as refined as your more southern melody.

In particular, I reference your magnificent readings of Oliver Twist and David Copperfield.

https://librivox.org/oliver-twist-version-4-by-charles-dickens/
https://librivox.org/david-copperfield-by-charles-dickens-version-2/

Your reading of Twist put the book in my top ten favourite books of all time - your reading of Copperfield filled me with intense empathy and connection to its characters. I don’t know how with such a minor inflection of your voice, you could fill me with the overwhelming urge to protect and defend each protagonist from the monstrosities around the. Either you are a natural or you learned it, but in either case, it fills me with deep admiration of your ability.

Thank you for the fantastic experiences I’ve had listening to you. I look forward to hearing your voice again.
and...
Hi - I just finished listening to Thynes' recording of David Copperfield, by Charles Dickens, and want to thank the reader. (the solo recording "version 2"). His voice in general was perfect for this story. His use of a wide variety voices and accents for the characters, and his expressiveness added much to the story. At times I am reluctant to listen to such long books (32 hours), but this was a good story, and so well done that it was a great pleasure to listen to.
Thank you very much.
Mark

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have just listened to Bob Neufeld reading Emerson. It seemed as if I was hearing the voice of Emerson himself. I have rediscovered a great writer as a result. Thank you.

John

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Peter Why (Peter Yearsley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of Stories of an Antiquary:
Wanted to thank you for your EXCELLENT reading of these EXCELLENT stories. Perfect match. Couldn't have done better m'self, even if I had teethe. First heard your reading of "Number 13". Many times. Maybe I'm not supposed to do this, but I laughed my head off every time. I'm not used to having to wrap Crime Scene Tape around a story I've just heard, but that's what I had to do here. Then go back and do an investigation to find out what actually happened. Great fun! Thank you!!

ca

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Ians46 (Ian Skillen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you to Ian Skillen, a great reader whom I enjoy listening to tremendously. May I request he read Too Fat to Fight by Rex Beach?
Thank you very much and hope you’re all safe.

All of Ian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Chenevert,

You are the best! I just love your readings. You are so upbeat
and do such a splendid job of changing characters. I really get the
emotion of the characters. Frankly I have no idea how you do it. But I
search for titles that you have read on LibriVox because I think you
probably pick the best stories and are a superior reader.
By the way I just love LibriVox too! Money is tight now but I just
donated to them as I really do get tons and tons of enjoyment out of the
stories.
Anyway thank you and I wish you and LibriVox the very best.

Sincerely, Jim

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
To Elizabeth Klett/Gloriana,

I know you’ve probably been absolutely awash in thank-you messages such as I’m writing now, and if you haven’t then the amount of injustice in this world is significantly larger than I feared.

I’m somewhat of a LibriVox obsessive - I cook breakfast while listening, walk the dog while listening and jog and (Stationary) cycle by listening. But despite listening to countless books with countless readers, there was always one thing I knew for sure: that if your name was somewhere on the description, that I had nothing to fear. Your astonishing recreation of 19th Century England just in the cadence of your voice was exceptional. Your ability to keep that consistent quality going over multiple genres, formats and settings was miraculous.

If I had to give a specific favourite among your performances, your portrayal of Marilla Cuthbert in the Dramatic Reading sprung to mind:

https://librivox.org/anne-of-green-gables-dramatic-reading-by-lucy-maud-montgomery/

I remember walking outside, listening away, as you reacted to the death of Matthew, and of how your character finally displayed how much she loved Anne. I remember crying - a young man in public - biting my lip and holding my chest. Of all the gut reactions I’ve experienced in the course of my enjoying LibriVox, none have been more of an unstoppable gale of emotion than that one moment.

I wanted you to know that in the hope it would bring a smile in your face to know how good you are at your craft - it’s the least I can do.
and...

Hi , I want to thank librivox reader Elizabeth Klett for her beautiful and powerful , smooth reading expertise.

ALİ
and...
Hi Librivox

Since I’ve had some time on my hands under Coronavirus lockdown here in the UK, I’ve taken another five of the sonnets from your website and adapted them to music. This time they are from version 4 read by Elizabeth Klett so please would you mind forwarding this link to her so she can hear them. I hope you and she likes them.

https://soundcloud.com/user-522587607/5-more-sonnets/s-TV2VaJorldq

As before this is just for my interest and not for commercial gain.

Cheers

Steve

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!