COMPLETE - GRP - The Suppression of the African Slave Trade by W.E.B. Du Bois - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
democraticnonsense

Post by democraticnonsense »

KevinS wrote: May 19th, 2020, 3:49 pm Oh, and I just noticed that you've changed the wording of your files by a character. It will be helpful if you were to keep the names uniform,
As far as I know, I am only changing the number value (_##_ etc.) What other characters are you noticing that are changed?
...Not even the rain...
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

democraticnonsense wrote: May 19th, 2020, 4:00 pm
KevinS wrote: May 19th, 2020, 3:49 pm Oh, and I just noticed that you've changed the wording of your files by a character. It will be helpful if you were to keep the names uniform,
As far as I know, I am only changing the number value (_##_ etc.) What other characters are you noticing that are changed?
"suppression" is misspelled in the first two files. You could fix them or the third recording. (I assume it makes no difference which.) Hopefully linny will pop in and explain how it all works. Maybe the file names don't actually matter when inputted (sp?) into the system at the end.
democraticnonsense

KevinS wrote: May 19th, 2020, 4:14 pm
democraticnonsense wrote: May 19th, 2020, 4:00 pm
"suppression" is misspelled in the first two files. You could fix them or the third recording. (I assume it makes no difference which.) Hopefully linny will pop in and explain how it all works. Maybe the file names don't actually matter when inputted (sp?) into the system at the end.
I see. I can reupload the files.

The file has been updated and the clipping has been addressed.
...Not even the rain...
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Chapter 2 PL OK!

Looks great.
democraticnonsense

Thank you for your support!
...Not even the rain...
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

democraticnonsense wrote: May 19th, 2020, 4:26 pm Thank you for your support!
It's a recording I was looking at doing. I'm grateful you're taking it on!
democraticnonsense

Hello,

The past week has been rough. I recorded a couple of chapters but haven't edited them. I am going to continue recording and will probably submit a few edited tracks next week. Thank you for your support and patience.
...Not even the rain...
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

democraticnonsense wrote: June 1st, 2020, 6:39 pm Hello,

The past week has been rough. I recorded a couple of chapters but haven't edited them. I am going to continue recording and will probably submit a few edited tracks next week. Thank you for your support and patience.
Quite all right. Not to worry!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

democraticnonsense wrote: June 1st, 2020, 6:39 pm Hello,

Let me know if you'd like to help in some way. With approval, perhaps we could share the recording duties?

Don't feel obligated. Only a suggestion. You have all the time in the world with this so long as you stay in touch from time to time.
democraticnonsense

Hello Kevin,

Thank you and I apologize for my delayed response.

I think sharing the duties is certainly a good idea.

Also, I have recorded chapters 3 and 4 but there are distortions in the recording that could not be repaired without spending a needless amount of time on the audio. In any case, I will work to re-record those sections and hopefully have something by next week.

Thank you for checking in.
...Not even the rain...
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

democraticnonsense wrote: August 5th, 2020, 3:23 pm Hello Kevin,

Also, I have recorded chapters 3 and 4 but there are distortions in the recording that could not be repaired without spending a needless amount of time on the audio. In any case, I will work to re-record those sections and hopefully have something by next week.

Very good! (Sorry to hear about the 'lost' recordings. Sometimes it is better just to start over again.)
linny

Post by linny »

If you decide to open this as a group project let me know and I'll walk you though those steps. You would still be the BC.
linny

Post by linny »

Are you still with us? I hope all is well. Please be sure to check in each month.
linny

Post by linny »

democraticnonsense wrote: August 5th, 2020, 3:23 pm Hello Kevin,

Time is running quickly these days! It's been another month. Please check in and let me know if you intend to continue with the project and if so what your updated timeline is.
linny

Post by linny »

PM sent.