[COMPLETE]Love Stories Volume 2 -pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

philchenevert wrote: May 17th, 2020, 8:13 pm
annise wrote: May 17th, 2020, 6:38 pm Phil if you like I will help Michele get this project straightened out but I would need to recatalogue it too. Otherwise the Archive page and the zip file will remain the mess it is.
Let me know if it's what you want - I just think it important if Michele wishes to keep BCing "choose your own" collections she understands why they are different

Anne
Yes I would like you to help Michele straighten this out. I apologize for not knowing how to get the authors to show up and that I would have to do things differently when agreeing to DM. Thank you. I did PM Amy but she has not responded.
Sorry Phil. I don't think I got the PM. :(
update; My inbox was full with 200 messages. I made some room in it now.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
msfry

Post by msfry »

annise wrote: May 18th, 2020, 6:00 pm Well Michele that is what I am trying to do now :D
I don't know how the author's metadata would have disappeared and only left 2 - but that is what is there now. And there is no record for me to be able to investigate. So you'll need to enter them again, or accept the fact that the stories will not be able to be searched for by author name in which case it would look better to remove the 2 that were there and the one I just added for Mrs Hentz that you had said in the notes field was not in the author database :thumbs: so I just added her.

Anne
Ok, I will comb through the posts and ferret out the data, and re-enter it and see if it "sticks" this time. One thing I love about these collections is that each story is findable by author and title.

I understood the MC does have to add to the database those authors who aren't there already. I try notating in the Notes column which ones don't show up when I enter them, but that is not reliable, for I've had Mark Twain not show up when I enter him, and the same with Lucy Maud Montgomery and a few others. I try last name only, first and last, and full name.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Ok, Anne, thanks for taking this on.
I tried typing in the last name instead of pasting it in, and got some of the authors to show up. O. Henry, for one. From now on I will type rather than paste.
I've been through each entry and everything sticks now except these 3, which authors are apparently not in our database. I did a search by their name from the home page and they didn't show up.
I presume there is no way I can enter them, or I would gladly do it.
msfry

Post by msfry »

philchenevert wrote: May 18th, 2020, 6:39 pm Yes, please do find someone else to MC Love Stores 3. It's not that I can't learn something new, it's just that my personal plate is very full right now and I can't work up any desire to have a go at this.
I understand, and respect your feelings. I see your name is already removed as MC. I should not have presumed. What is DM, by the way? :D
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

thanks for uderstanding Michele. DM .... uh.... Dungeon Master? I think I meant MC. Wow, my mind is indeed fuzzy lately.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
msfry

Post by msfry »

philchenevert wrote: May 19th, 2020, 9:42 am thanks for uderstanding Michele. DM .... uh.... Dungeon Master? I think I meant MC. Wow, my mind is indeed fuzzy lately.
You and Ellen have something in common. Both from New Orleans. Both really funny!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks Michele - I'll get on to it when I've checked the overnight post. I'm happy to enter the new authors.

And then start cataloguing. You want the files to appear in the order they are in the MW - is that right ?

Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

Great. Thanks. And yes please.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I think we are all there at last Michele - check it out please :D

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/love-stories-volume-2/
msfry

Post by msfry »

Purrr-fect! Thanks so much, Anne, for getting the missing authors listed and into the catalog. I am sure they, too, are well pleased to be included! :9:

And thanks to all our contributors. We've pulled together another interesting collection. Love Stories #3 is up and ready to receive 20 more offerings.