[COMPLETE] Falkner by Mary Shelley-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello weezer,
thanks for chapters 3 and 4. No, the test was not requested from you. It was requested from a new reader in the thread who claimed other chapters. Regards,
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sophie711 wrote: May 18th, 2020, 1:46 pm I'd like to read chapters 14-18. I am new but I have produced podcasts/music etc before so know how to setup correctly :)

Hello Sophy,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. 14-18 are all yours. Have fun. However, as Anne stated above, there are two things we recommend you do before proceeding with the recording:
1. Please submit a one- minute sampal recording to make sure that your technical settings are not correct.
2. Please let us know under which name you would like to be credited in the catalogue. It can be your real name, your forum name, or something else that you choose.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Angela42

Post by Angela42 »

Hello,

My name is Angela Haug. I would like to narrate chapters 19 and 20. Please :D
jenno

Post by jenno »

Here is chapter 7

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/falkner_07_shelley_128kb.mp3

duration 24.43

Cheers

Jennifer
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Angela42 wrote: May 18th, 2020, 8:21 pm Hello,

My name is Angela Haug. I would like to narrate chapters 19 and 20. Please :D

Hello Angela, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Chapters 19 and 20 are all yours. As you already submited a sampal recording, you may proceed.
Stav.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

jenno wrote: May 19th, 2020, 12:12 am Here is chapter 7

duration 24.43

Cheers

Jennifer

Huge thanks. Would you like to read more chapters from this book?
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

weezer wrote: May 18th, 2020, 1:16 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/falkner_03_shelley128kb.mp3
I have finished chp 3. Duration is 31:48 minutes. Thanks. Weezer
Hello Weezer,
I've PLed your recording and here are some spots that need to be corrected:
  • the name should be falkner_03_shelley_128kb.mp3
  • the length of the silence in the begining should be somewhere between 0.5 and 1 second – it can be easily inserted :)
  • and I've noticed that you started with inserting corrected pieces of recording. That's great, I guess that almost everyone does it (especially if it's a long recording like yours). However, it needs to be done with tenderness to the original recording :D I use Audacity, and the way of editing that has worked the best for me so far, is to look for the gaps of silence, in which the bad part is included, and somehow mark it. Then I read the whole part again (it can even be a bit wider surroundings, to make it sound more natural) and copy and past the same part between the gaps of silence in the place of the original one, and then delete it. Also, if you amplify your recordings or apply some noise cleaning filter, it's good to apply it on the corrected piece too. This can make the corrections much smoother then trying to insert just the single corrected word. I've noted down the spots of your corrections that need to be made a bit better, preferably as I described above. It may seem like a long list but once you get the correction skill, it gets quite easy ;)
    • 02:03
    • 03:17
    • 09:34
    • 06:19
    • 16:04
    • 22:41
    • 24:16
Thanks,
Kudrna
Last edited by Kudrna on May 20th, 2020, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kudrna
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you both.
simoncm

Post by simoncm »

i would like to pickup chapter 21

depending on how quick i can turn this around i will pickup more of the subsequent chapters.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

All yours. Have fun.
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

weezer wrote: May 18th, 2020, 6:20 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/falkner_04_128kb._.mp3
this is a corrected posting to the previous reply.
chp. 4 of Falknr by Mary
shelley. Duration is 22:52 minutes. Thanks. Weezer
Thanks for this recording, Weezer :) Only a few PL notes:
  • the name should be falkner_04_shelley_128kb.mp3 (the name is in the same form with every recording, the only thing that changes is the section number)
  • the silence in the begining should be something between 0.5 and 1 second
  • at 5:35 – the text says "at the grand place" but I hear "at the grand palace"
  • and I'm happy to say that your editing skills are getting better (most of the edited spots sound very well :thumbs:) but still there are a few spots to be corrected again (maybe you'd like to use the method I described in the PL notes for Chapter 3 in the post above). The spots are: 0:38, 2:56 and 14:09.
  • and could you please deamplify a bit the part from 18 to 22 minute? The overall volume is fine but this part is really loud. (Please don't get me wrong; the way you read those voices is great, we just need to keep the volume of the track more consistent.) If you use Audacity, it can be done as amplifying, you just need to insert a negative number.
I hope these all PL notes are not overwhelming for you – I really like your voice and the way you read, we just need to make the recordings a bit smoother ;)
Thanks,
Kudrna
Kudrna
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

jenno wrote: May 19th, 2020, 12:12 am Here is chapter 7

duration 24.43

Cheers

Jennifer
Hi Jennifer,
thanks for your recording :) It's almost perfect, however there are two small pieces of text that are missing:
  • 15:00 – the text says "...strange and thrilling, that struck Falkner, and made him" – the bold part is missing
  • 19:01 – the text says "...happiness and education. No mother ever..." – the sentence starting with No mother ever is missing
  • and there's quite long silence at 20:24 – could you please cut it a bit?
Thanks,
Kudrna
Kudrna
weezer

Post by weezer »

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/falkner_04_128kb.mp3
hopefully this is a proper correction. Thanks. Weezer
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

weezer wrote: May 20th, 2020, 1:21 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/falkner_04_128kb.mp3
hopefully this is a proper correction. Thanks. Weezer
Weezer,
I'm sorry but it seems that something went wrong during the uploading process because I don't see any recording in this link.. Could you please rewrite the name to falkner_04_shelley_128kb.mp3 and try to upload it again?

Thank you,
Kudrna
Kudrna