[COMPLETE]Love Stories Volume 2 -pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

annise wrote: May 17th, 2020, 6:38 pm Phil if you like I will help Michele get this project straightened out but I would need to recatalogue it too. Otherwise the Archive page and the zip file will remain the mess it is.
Let me know if it's what you want - I just think it important if Michele wishes to keep BCing "choose your own" collections she understands why they are different

Anne
Yes I would like you to help Michele straighten this out. I apologize for not knowing how to get the authors to show up and that I would have to do things differently when agreeing to DM. Thank you. I did PM Amy but she has not responded.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Don't worry Phil - the normal ones seem to have dedicated BCs for so long that you've probably never catalogued one whereas I was BCing the short stories before I became an MC things have changed a bit but mainly in the way to get what you need.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Michele - if you will look at the Librivox catalogue page and the Archive page and tell me what you want to change, we can proceed from there.

LV I see authors only showing for 2 of the sections
Archive seems to not have the changed section title field - anything else?

Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

annise wrote: May 18th, 2020, 4:38 am Michele - if you will look at the Librivox catalogue page and the Archive page and tell me what you want to change, we can proceed from there.

LV I see authors only showing for 2 of the sections
Archive seems to not have the changed section title field - anything else?

Anne
I enter the meta data for each author and text source, and mark the Notes column ma *(meta added). If the author's name does not show up in dropdown list (LV's database), I insert it manually and mark the Notes column (author not found) or some such, per Amy Gramour and/or Lynne T.'s directions (this has worked for both of them). I do not know what she or Lynne have done behind the scenes additionally to make the author data show up in the catalog, but I'm sure Phil can master it if one of you will show him (rather than do it for him). I was hoping to put him in as MC for my next Love Stories collection, being set up now.

As it stands this minute, only 18 and 20 have the author's name showing on LV.
On IA, the summary is correct, but the stories are not showing up in the order I put them in, so the numbers are skewed. Somehow Amy is able to override the automatic alphabetization of the titles, to present them in the numbered order I prefer.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Also, Phil did Love Stories Collection #1 and there was no problem with the meta-data on it, or my ordering of the stories. How did that happen?
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

msfry wrote: May 18th, 2020, 7:45 am Also, Phil did Love Stories Collection #1 and there was no problem with the meta-data on it, or my ordering of the stories. How did that happen?
I did not do anything different than I usually do for either one or for other projects so I have no idea of what happened. [disclaimer] At least as far as I remember I did nothing different. And you say Michele that the first one worked just fine? Everything lined up right and all? gee.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Well, Mr. Phil, something needs to happen to fix Volume 2, because Volume 3 is already on the Launch Pad, with YOU as the designated MC. So dig in, and learn what went wrong here and how to make it right. I remember once on a Dreams Collection with Amy as MC, 2 of the stories lacked authors. She went in and fixed it. That's why I referenced her to help you. I am going to PM Amy to have a look-see and maybe tell us both what went wrong, because we gotta get this right. I plan on keeping up these collections as long as readers show interest in contributing. Meanwhile, I do thank Anne for trying to help.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Michelle. Your confidence in me is appreciated but I the truth is that I do not have the technical knowledge to do the specific things that you expect in this type of compilation of multiple authors, sources and readers project and the manner in which you want sections to line up at IA. I can do normal cataloging (well ... usually) but this is special stuff way outside my ability. It may come as a surprise, bu different Admins have different abilities and I am on the very low end of the spectrum here on technical stuff. I kinda specialize in simple things.

I PMed Amy immediately about this project #2 when you first posted that you wanted things changed at IA. She has not responded yet, but no doubt with her help and Anne's and anyone else who is willing to add their knowledge, it will be straightened out just fine and all the authors and numbers will meet your expectations.

But I don't want to cause problems like this with #3 and so it is better for you that someone who knows exactly what you want and how to set that up work with you on that project rather than me. I now know that it is beyond me. You said that you have worked with others in the past, like Amy, and I'm sure someone will take over. Meanwhile, when Amy responds, we will continue working on #2 of the Love stories series.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Like being nice, really friendly, helpful, funny person who never is rude to anyone Phil.
I however try to be all those things but I really am a person who loves knowing how things work - but my mother did teach me back in the days when people wrote letters never to send one when I was angry or real life things were going wrong without leaving it in a drawer for a day or so.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Michele
I've made it so you will be able to edit the MW again and add the authors to the rest of the metadata'
Let me know if there are problems

Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

annise wrote: May 18th, 2020, 4:59 pm Michele
I've made it so you will be able to edit the MW again and add the authors to the rest of the metadata'
Let me know if there are problems

Anne
I have already done that, Anne. It didn't "take". I can do it again, but let's wait for Amy to show up. There is no rush. The world can live without 20 love stories for another week or two. Where is Amy anyway? Collections have been going on for a long time. Tarnation! Isn't there a list of instructions by now that we can all be provided with?

And Phil, I refuse to believe you can't learn anything new. You do new things all the time. But if you want to be relieved of trying to master this one with me, I will see if Amy will pick up Love Stories 3. Or throw it out to another adventurous MC.
msfry

Post by msfry »

annise wrote: May 18th, 2020, 4:46 pm I really am a person who loves knowing how things work.....

Anne
You aren't the only one. Why can't those who know how, teach those of us who don't? We all want to know. It helps with the friendly feelings.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Well Michele that is what I am trying to do now :D
I don't know how the author's metadata would have disappeared and only left 2 - but that is what is there now. And there is no record for me to be able to investigate. So you'll need to enter them again, or accept the fact that the stories will not be able to be searched for by author name in which case it would look better to remove the 2 that were there and the one I just added for Mrs Hentz that you had said in the notes field was not in the author database :thumbs: so I just added her.

Anne
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Michele wrote
And Phil, I refuse to believe you can't learn anything new. You do new things all the time. But if you want to be relieved of trying to master this one with me, I will see if Amy will pick up Love Stories 3. Or throw it out to another adventurous MC.
Yes, please do find someone else to MC Love Stores 3. It's not that I can't learn something new, it's just that my personal plate is very full right now and I can't work up any desire to have a go at this.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

To keep them in the order that they are in the section compiler, during cataloging I update the filenames step, I change the filenames to dreams (or whatever is appropriate) then it will add the section number to the section and keep them in that order.
I hope that helps.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood